Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing is, the only reason this upsets GD is because it's a cop. If it had been a street vendor or say, a bartender, GD would be laughing it's collective ass off.

That's BS where I was raised you don't beat on women. Even if you're a thug in a badge and protected by the thin blue line.

I was raised not to hit a lady.  I think you are confusing the two.

You have never been in a fistfight in your life, have you?

With a woman or a lady? No I haven't but I'd bet you have been in many fistfights with women by the tone of your post. Why don't you tell us the best way to deck a woman?

Well, on one occasion, I didn't deck her, I kicked her in the groin. The proper response when someone is trying to stick a Buck folder in your gut.  

What would you do?  Buy her flowers?

You did what you should had done due to the threat of being stabed! So now point out where the treat was in the video....

English please?

I realize it's a later time zone and all, but isn't it a little early to be drunk?

Not drunk, forgive me....

"You did what you should have done, due to the threat of being stabed"

Got it now?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny thing is, the only reason this upsets GD is because it's a cop. If it had been a street vendor or say, a bartender, GD would be laughing it's collective ass off.

That's BS.

Not a single fuck was given

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess he decided that he wanted that woman spending his pension for him.  After the lawsuit, I imagine he will be damned lucky if he ends up with any of his pension fund.  But, some states protect pensions from law suits, so who knows...maybe she will "only" get his house, car, savings, possessions, and he will keep the pension to spend while he looks for his next job.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's BS where I was raised you don't beat on women. Even if you're a thug in a badge and protected by the thin blue line.

With a woman or a lady? No I haven't but I'd bet you have been in many fistfights with women by the tone of your post. Why don't you tell us the best way to deck a woman?

Well, on one occasion, I didn't deck her, I kicked her in the groin. The proper response when someone is trying to stick a Buck folder in your gut.  

You did what you should had done due to the threat of being stabed! So now point out where the treat was in the video....

English please?

I realize it's a later time zone and all, but isn't it a little early to be drunk?

Not drunk, forgive me....

"You did what you should have done, due to the threat of being stabed"

Got it now?

He knew what you meant. People often deflect from the topic at hand and point out bad grammar and whatnot when they have no where to go with their argument.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
she will be getting a fat check...

Yep, my guess is $500k give or take.  

I doubt that.

She will get nothing as their could have been Al Queda in the silly string or dihydrogen monoxide. It's a clear case of terrorism.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have, several times none of which started over a little water.
We all get that she needed to be arrested.
But that doesn't mean you get to cold clock her because you've confused yourself with the wicked witch of the west.

I see a slap.  Where is this punching and cold-cocking I see everyone go on about?

A slap? I wonder if her dentist will classify it as that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry Boss
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What threat was she to the officers?  Surely, you aren't comparing this woman who was mistakenly thought to be someone who threw water to a woman with a knife actively trying to stab you.  Right?

I was asked the best way to "deck a woman" by some guy that's never been in a fight outside of the playground slide. . I answered.  Not comparing it to the thread topic.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#11]

I can't quit laughing. That was awesome.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I
He knew what you meant. People often deflect from the topic at hand and point out bad grammar and whatnot when they have no where to go with their argument.

Like you are avoiding answering my question now?   What would YOU do Mr Chivalrous?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#13]
COP was doing his job stay the fuck away from them and you won't get hurt.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I can only comment on where I work.

Punching someone in the face is usually a misdemeanor, unless it causes serious injury such which is extremely rare.  Whoever thinks a face punch is deadly force really gets a from me.  If I shot everyone who tried to punch me in the face I'd be fired and would really need to stock up on ammo...

As far as face punches, good to go at my department.

As far as throwing water on someone that would be a battery.  Do it to a cop and its going to be seen as assaultive behavior and a face punch, taser or baton is going to be appropriate.  

Would i handle it that way?  I dont know i didn't watch the video, but if its a rowdy group and you need to take someone down quick im not going to fault the officer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Someone called it. Please be joking.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Punching someone in the face is usually a misdemeanor, unless it causes serious injury such which is extremely rare.  Whoever thinks a face punch is deadly force really gets a from me.  If I shot everyone who tried to punch me in the face I'd be fired and would really need to stock up on ammo...

As far as throwing water on someone that would be a battery.  Do it to a cop and its going to be seen as assaultive behavior and a face punch, taser or baton is going to be appropriate.  

Would i handle it that way?  I dont know i didn't watch the video, but if its a rowdy group and you need to take someone down quick im not going to fault the officer.

Do it to a cop and...
*sigh*. Maybe we are screwed.

Should I take this advice as a defense against some teens with squirt guns? Something tells me I'll be shackles pleading unsuccessfully at my bail hearing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
As far as throwing water on someone that would be a battery.

This irony would be hilarious if it wasn't so outrageous.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I

Like you are avoiding answering my question now?   What would YOU do Mr Chivalrous?

Reading is fundamental!!! I already answered the question several post up captain overkill. I can subdue a water throwing woman and get her under control without punching her in the face and costing the taxpayers money.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is pretty rich.

Punch in the face = ONLY a misdemeanor, serious injury extremely rare, NO BIG DEAL.

throw water = Battery, on a cop ASSAULT, BIG DEAL.

Cop/badge licker logic is funny.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#22]
White Shirt check

Motor Huckle boots check

Bent frame cap check

Philly PD Highway Patrol Boss.

And every blue shirt there is thinking, glad he did it and not me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What threat was she to the officers?  Surely, you aren't comparing this woman who was mistakenly thought to be someone who threw water to a woman with a knife actively trying to stab you.  Right?

I was asked the best way to "deck a woman" by some guy that's never been in a fight outside of the playground slide. . I answered.  Not comparing it to the thread topic.  

You couldn't hang in the playground's i've been in buttercup!
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

BTW, this video is why someone should work rear security.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Un-fucking real.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Are you the same Dana1972 that posts at Lumberjocks.com?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you the same Dana1972 that posts at Lumberjocks.com?

No not me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Assaulting someone and using the badge as your protection (as in this case) is no different than using women and children to hide behind as you take pot shots at our troops.  

It's cowardly.  

The job is to protect and serve, not put in your 8 hours and go home safe and dry.  If you can't control yourself long enough to see that it was silly string and water before you hit a woman in the face from behind, you don't deserve to wear the badge.  You are an embarrassment and a danger to your fellow officers.

Before any of you clowns call me a cop hater, I am not.  My BIL is a retired officer, my cousin is an officer, my brothers godfather is a retired game warden and I have many, many close personal friends who either wear now or have worn the badge with honor.  

Umm, it's come up before, so I know you've seen it.  "Protect and serve " is the phrase form an old TV show, and I'm pretty sure most cops see it as a regular job.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't know why anything around here surprises me any more, but I really didn't expect to see people condoning violence against women in here.

That's pretty fucked up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#33]

In that case, water is lethal force (drowning), and the cop was justified.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/ted-park-california-wave-baja-_n_1900736.html

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/two-men-drown-in-canal-in-uttar-pradesh-274112

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/canmore-man-presumed-drowned-1.978313

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/national/01-Oct-2012/man-drowns-trying-to-save-girl-in-spanish-flash-floods

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19456163

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I don't know why anything around here surprises me any more, but I really didn't expect to see people condoning violence against women in here.

That's pretty fucked up.

This isn't about violence against women.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/ted-park-california-wave-baja-_n_1900736.html
http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/two-men-drown-in-canal-in-uttar-pradesh-274112
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/national/01-Oct-2012/man-drowns-trying-to-save-girl-in-spanish-flash-floods

I don't have a problem with the case, I just thought it was really interesting that some one thought a punch to the skull could not be considered lethal force. Trust me, a subarachnoid hemorrhage from punch to the skull will kill you.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

In this situation a punch (or slap) to the face was hardly appropriate. I can understand the desire to do so - I would have wanted to slap the shit out of her too. But police work shouldn't involve getting payback. If she broke the law, then show some professionalism, restrain her using the least amount of force necessary to achieve submission, and take her to jail.

Turning around and punching a woman who poses no actual physical threat to you isn't controlling the situation. It's acting like an out-of-control child.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

That's pretty fucked up.

So it would have been different if it was a male?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I don't have a problem with the case, I just thought it was really interesting that some one thought a punch to the skull could not be considered lethal force. Trust me, a subarachnoid hemorrhage from punch to the skull will kill you.

Oh I agree. It could be lethal, but is not generally considered lethal force given than the percentages of death are minute.

There have been cases where criminals were tried for attempted murder based on blows to the head, but that is the exception rather than the rule, and included intent.

Obviously this cop did not have intent.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No... he's serious.  Spraying things on police officers is an assault (or battery, depending on jurisdictional semantics)... with an aggravated circumstance because the victim is a police officer.  You can't lay your hands on a cop (or spray your water bottle on him/her).  Doing so is inviting the man into your life in a very immediate/unfriendly way.  

And if you then make as if you're going to flee?  You're going to get hands laid on you.

I don't like slapping around women any more than anybody else... but girlfriend played a stupid game... and the officer wasn't about to put up with it.

Did it look rough?  Yep.

Did GF expect it?  Nope.

Is the officer going to be prosecuted?  Doubt it.

I know he was serious.  My post was in response to the absurdity of how that is legal.  Is it legal for a regular person to punch someone who throws water on them?

Girlfriend didn't throw the water.  She sprayed silly string which didn't even register with the cops.  No one noticed.  It was when the white shirt was turned around looking at her, that someone threw the water, her and white shirt got hit with it, and he went after her.  He instantly went into rage mode and went for the closest person to him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty fucked up.

So it would have been different if it was a male?

Would what have been different?  My opinion on what the cop did?  

Hitting a male in the mouth would still have been wrong but it's absolutely worse to hit a woman.  I'm talking about right and wrong, not what's technically legal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ha
That's funny.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No... he's serious.  Spraying things on police officers is an assault (or battery, depending on jurisdictional semantics)... with an aggravated circumstance because the victim is a police officer.  You can't lay your hands on a cop (or spray your water bottle on him/her).  Doing so is inviting the man into your life in a very immediate/unfriendly way.  

And if you then make as if you're going to flee?  You're going to get hands laid on you.

I don't like slapping around women any more than anybody else... but girlfriend played a stupid game... and the officer wasn't about to put up with it.

Did it look rough?  Yep.

Did GF expect it?  Nope.

I know he was serious.  My post was in response to the absurdity of how that is legal.  Is it legal for a regular person to punch someone who throws water on them?

Girlfriend didn't throw the water.  She sprayed silly string which didn't even register with the cops.  No one noticed.  It was when the white shirt was turned around looking at her, that someone threw the water, her and white shirt got hit with it, and he went after her.  He instantly went into rage mode and went for the closest person to him.

Regardless of what she sprayed on him, the point stands.  You can't do that to a cop and expect them to react well... particularly when they appear to be in the middle of an arrest.

It could be a handful of glitter... I still wouldn't throw a bunch of it at a bunch of cops in the middle of dealing with somebody.

Neither would I.  I'm not an idiot.  

You're missing the fact that white shirt was looking at the woman when the water hit him.  He was looking at her, then he looked down once the water hit him.  Why did he decide to go after her?  He clearly saw that she did not throw the water and still attacked her.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's simple really; if you want to be treated like a woman, act like one.

Otherwise take a beating?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is pretty rich.

Punch in the face = ONLY a misdemeanor, serious injury extremely rare, NO BIG DEAL.

throw water = Battery, on a cop ASSAULT, BIG DEAL.

Cop/badge licker logic is funny.

a punch or throwing water would both be considered a battery.  The injuries would dictate what level.  I got sucker punched by a drunk one time, booked him in for the night no charges filled.  

I didn't really care I don't take it personal the DA didn't want to waste their time prosecuting.  I wasn't injured by it.  There was a time when it was extremely rare for a crook to punch a cop, now a days they have nothing to lose and no little will be done.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#47]
A She was antagonizing the police.

B She got behind them, a threatening move, especially for an antagonist in a threatening situation.

C She got a predictable consequence because of her actions.

D This isn't rocket science, do stupid things, earn stupid rewards.

E Stupid people don't learn from words but they do learn from pain.

F What she got was a valuable learning experience.

G Not an American flag?  Deport her, after she pays her debt to society.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did it look rough?  Yep.

Did GF expect it?  Nope.

Regardless of what she sprayed on him, the point stands.  You can't do that to a cop and expect them to react well... particularly when they appear to be in the middle of an arrest.

It could be a handful of glitter... I still wouldn't throw a bunch of it at a bunch of cops in the middle of dealing with somebody.

Neither would I.  I'm not an idiot.  

You're missing the fact that white shirt was looking at the woman when the water hit him.  He was looking at her, then he looked down once the water hit him.  Why did he decide to go after her?  He clearly saw that she did not throw the water and still attacked her.

How do you know what he saw?
Lotto numbers please.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assaulting someone and using the badge as your protection (as in this case) is no different than using women and children to hide behind as you take pot shots at our troops.  

It's cowardly.  

The job is to protect and serve, not put in your 8 hours and go home safe and dry.  If you can't control yourself long enough to see that it was silly string and water before you hit a woman in the face from behind, you don't deserve to wear the badge.  You are an embarrassment and a danger to your fellow officers.

Before any of you clowns call me a cop hater, I am not.  My BIL is a retired officer, my cousin is an officer, my brothers godfather is a retired game warden and I have many, many close personal friends who either wear now or have worn the badge with honor.  

Umm, it's come up before, so I know you've seen it.  "Protect and serve " is the phrase form an old TV show, and I'm pretty sure most cops see it as a regular job.

http://www.lapdonline.org/history_of_the_lapd/content_basic_view/1128
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#50]

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, i'm just saying i respond to about 4 fight calls a shift.  Knock on wood never seen one die.  Its very rare.

I could find articles about people being killed with pellet guns doesn't mean its realistic.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top