Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 9:13:43 AM EDT
Finally got my FOID card, complete with an ugly picture of myself on it. I guess Illinois has deemed me responsible enough to own my own property. Yay.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered moving to a [i]free[/i] country?  Like AZ or TX? [8D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell no, it's too hot down there!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah but the heat keeps the commies away.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hell no, it's too hot down there!
View Quote

You're looking at it all wrong.  The problem is that it's too cold up there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Where in IL do you live, eswanson?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Sheesh I thought CA was bad.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#8]
My new FOID just arrived a couple of weeks ago.

Since I had forgoten to renew it on time, it had expired the day before I realized it, so I overnighted the application and pix to Springfield...  6 day turn around for me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Guess what, if that dumbocrat, Bla"gungrabber"vich gets elected, that little piece of plastic will cost us $500.00!

Vote early, and vote often in Nov.!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations on being able to purchase firearms. I've lived in Illinois all my live and have had a FOID since 1970.
There are some gunshops that offer a service for Foid renewals. My card expires next March, and I'll go to MegaSports and pay the $12.50 for the service.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I've never of FOID. What is this exactly and does it relate only to the state if MI? This must mean your firearms are registered? In WI we hand someone cash in a parking lot for our firearms [:D]. If I were you I'd get the hell out of that state.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've never of FOID. What is this exactly and does it relate only to the state if MI? This must mean your firearms are registered? In WI we hand someone cash in a parking lot for our firearms [:D]. If I were you I'd get the hell out of that state.
View Quote

"Firearm Owner's Identification Card"

Brought to you by the Chicago democrat machine, & yes, it only affects us in IL, or as I like to call it, Moscow on the Mississippi".
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, I feel for you guys who are stuck in Ill-Annoy.  I'm originally from Nebraska (no CCW) and have lived in Wisconsin (no CCW) for the past 3 years.  I'm rapidly tiring of the Madison area (an island of insanity surrounded by reality) and am considering moving to Sioux Falls, SD.  Plenty of jobs, good gun laws, conservative state (minus Tom Daschle).  If I lived in Ill-Annoy I'd beat feet for Indiana or just about anywhere else.

AV1611 out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top