Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:24:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:25:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:26:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:27:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:51:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:56:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:22:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ilikelegs:
Saddam Hussein will have enough weapons-grade uranium for three nuclear bombs by 2005, a former Iraqi nuclear engineer told senators yesterday, as the US Congress held hearings on whether to go to war.
View Quote
*snip*
Khidir Hamza, who played a leading role in Iraq's nuclear weapon programme before defecting in 1994, cited German intelligence in saying: "With more than 10 tonnes of uranium and one tonne of slightly enriched uranium...in its possession, Iraq has enough to generate the needed bomb-grade uranium for three nuclear weapons by 2005."
View Quote
View Quote
Something here smells a little funny. The guy chooses to use the phrasing "has enough nuclear material" rather than say "has a bomb" or "will have a working bomb soon". Those of us who know at least a little about various nuclear bombs know that having nuclear material isn't worth shit if you can't get things to work right. Finland and Japan have way more than the quoted amounts of nuclear material, but we have no expectations of them being able to do anything about it but toss it in a fission reactor (like in a powerplant). Having nuclear material does not a thermonuke make.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:11:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:16:29 PM EDT
Fuck it, nuke the rag and will be sure.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:24:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:33:55 PM EDT
Didn't we go there before? and why is he still around?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:38:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:41:22 PM EDT
Let's deliver a little package of nuclear material to his front door. [rocket]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:43:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2002 12:49:13 PM EDT by SeaDweller]
Politichickens won't let us nuke Iraq until they nuke us. And even that's no guarantee. Restraint, right? That's what we tell Israel. Sounds pretty lame to me. KILL ALL THE BASTARDS! Are they building them as a deterence? Uh, I don't think so. More likely it will be used on US interests ASAP. There's only one way to deal with these fucks. Strike first, duh...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:43:57 PM EDT
To fabricate a Uranium bomb is not very difficult. The mechanics of the thing are no doubt already lying on a bench waiting on the Uranium to finish it. The fissionable material is the hard part. If he is able to buy or steal even a small amount it will speed his program. As he accumulates it there is no doubt it will be built into bombs. When he has two or threeno doubt he will test it - over Israel or Kuwait. Now an implosion bomb is quite another matter. MUCH more difficult but not out of the reach of this madman. The difference between Iraq, Japan and other nations is desire. Iraq wants a bomb more than anything else in the world. He wants to go down in history as the first moslem to nuke the west. He could care less about the price. Soddom's conventional army. Now I DO find this interesting! Before the Gulf war it was considered a formidable force that would require a huge American army to defeat. Soddom's forces proved to be vastly over rated and we defeated them easily. Now they say he is weaker but continue to bleat about how difficult they will be to defeat. Bull puckey! It will require less than we used in the Gulf war to crush this cockroach; UNLESS he unleashes the bugs. It must be made clear the NBC stuff will result a nuclear response from the US rendering ALL Iraq a wasteland. After which, when the radiation abates, we should pump it dry then repopulate it with Jews! The UN has once again proved to be a toothless mouse. Soddom has thumbed his nose at them almost continuously since the end of the Gulf war. Who give a flying f*** WHAT the UN thinks?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:04:56 PM EDT
[b]"The new archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, has said that it would be immoral and illegal for the British to support an American war against Iraq without UN authority."[/b] #1 I've yet to meet anyone who cares what the Church of England thinks. #2 One more reason to despise the UN!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:25:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gunner1X: "The new archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, has said that [b]it would be immoral and illegal for the (United States) to support a war against Iraq without UN authority."[/b]
View Quote
Could you imagine if some politician in THIS country said this.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:42:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:08:22 PM EDT
Gdammit,It must be done!For OUR kids!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:09:53 PM EDT
On Tuesday, two Democrat senators, Dianne Feinstein of California and Patrick Leahy of Vermont, introduced a resolution opposing the use of force against Iraq without congressional authorisation or a formal declaration of war.
View Quote
Some democ[b]rats[/b] aren't even worth shooting.z
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:47:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2002 1:48:37 AM EDT by SeaDweller]
I saw some Scott Ritter ( Former UN weapons inspector ) guy on CSPANN earlier. He says we should lift the economic sanctions against Iraq. Help them rebuild their economy, blah, blah, blah... Will they suddenly embrace us? Will they stop their weapons programs dead in it's tracks? FCK NO! Didn't they try something like that with Somalia? That guy's been inhaling too many fungus spores.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:44:15 AM EDT
He also warned that US warplanes attacking Iraqi cities would fly into a blizzard of anti-aircraft fire from "one of the most dense air defence networks around urban and populated areas in the world". Alot of good it did the first time. By the time they start to fire the paveways are already on their way.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:00:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SeaDweller: I saw some Scott Ritter ( Former UN weapons inspector ) guy on CSPANN earlier. He says we should lift the economic sanctions against Iraq. Help them rebuild their economy, blah, blah, blah... That guy's been inhaling too many fungus sporesSaw it too, and quite a few of his other .
View Quote
I've seen most of his appearences over the years (he was even on the history channel debating this crap). I've really been trying to figure out what his malfunction is. He did a complete 180' about turn and has become a super-sleaze ball. What exactly are his qualifications for these grand geo-political pronouncements? Slammed Senator Biden (D-MD) as being some lackey of the adminstration because he didn't like the format of the hearings he was holding. Yeah, he was an inspector and when he left that job [u]was absolutely convinced[/u] that there was still contraband unaccounted for in Iraq, that he was prevented from getting to. So being out of government for some time, exactly how does he determine that Iraq has no NBC materiel (from his armchair I guess). I wouldn't dismiss these bribery allegations he seemed so sensitive about on "Crossfire" ($400,000 from an Iraqi-American to make a documentary... and who knows what else).
Top Top