Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2002 3:03:25 PM EDT
So bored in fact that I'm going to post the view from my window. At least I have a view....

The first is looking south east. Obscured from view by the Domino's factory is Fort McHenry, home of Old Glory and The Star Spangled Banner. The boat Key was in was out by the bridge during the battle.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FSE%2520View%2Ejpg[/img]

This is looking to the south west. Camden Yards stadium is right behind that big brick warehouse wall. Raven's stadium is behind the Bank of America building.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FSW%2520View%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Photo #2 looks pretty generic but photo #1 could keep my attention.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to agree, if you have to work late photo 1 is not a back view, in fact an outstanding view!  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Domino's has a pizza factory ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Domino's has a pizza factory ?
View Quote

No, it's the Domino Sugar factory, all the way at the left end of the Key (as in Francis Scott) Bridge!

It looks really cool at night too, but I'm hoping to be outa here by then...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Gus do they still have the Hooters in that building in the lower right of you first photo?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gus do they still have the Hooters in that building in the lower right of you first photo?
View Quote

Yes! Just out of view to the right end of the building.  MMMmmmm...  Wings and beer.....

Nah, I better just go home and have dinner...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Could you post a pic of that end of the harbor for me?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Y'know Troy, a nice, cold BUDWEISER would liven up the evening!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice sailing ship in pic 1. I love the old tall sailing ships. My favorite is the Cutty Sark followed by the Thermopylae.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll have to get a pic tomorrow. I'm already home now....  Sorry!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Y'know Troy, a nice, cold BUDWEISER would liven up the evening!
View Quote

Hheeeyyyy!!!   How ya doing man???? You're right, of course, so I'm drinking one right now.

Good to hear from you. How's things?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice sailing ship in pic 1. I love the old tall sailing ships. My favorite is the Cutty Sark followed by the Thermopylae.
View Quote

This one is the USS Constellation. I ashamed of how little I know about it, other than they just spent a sh*t load of money restoring it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here ya go...

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FLight%2520Street%25201%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice view!

I spent a few days in Baltimore in December '98 (or '99???).  I stayed at the Sheraton down near the waterfront.  The Constellation was in Boston or somewhere in dry dock, so I didn't get to see her.  Major disappointment!  I also took a wrong turn after dark one evening and suddenly found myself in a VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD with 19th Century row houses that must have been very beautiful at one time, but all the windows were broken, lights were out, and scary black dudes were shouting things at me.  The place looked worse than anything I've seen in New York City or Los Angeles.  Fortunately I was in a nice Chevy Blazer and skedaddled the hell out of there in a big hurry.

On the good side, I found a broken parking meter with time on it (i.e. unlimited free parking) near the Washington Monument (the one built in about 1833 in downtown Baltimore), toured that, went to Ft. McHenry, the old market, the Shot Tower, and had THE BEST CRAB CAKES EVER.

All in all a good business trip.  That view is awsome.  I really enjoyed the Domino's sign at night.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
 I also took a wrong turn after dark one evening and suddenly found myself in a VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD with 19th Century row houses that must have been very beautiful at one time, but all the windows were broken, lights were out, and scary black dudes were shouting things at me.  The place looked worse than anything I've seen in New York City or Los Angeles.
View Quote

You must have found North Avenue! Or any number of other scary places in Baltimore....It's a shame too - those neighborhoods have big beautiful homes, but they look like they have been moved to a third world country.

On the good side, I found a broken parking meter with time on it (i.e. unlimited free parking) near the Washington Monument (the one built in about 1833 in downtown Baltimore), toured that, went to Ft. McHenry, the old market, the Shot Tower, and had THE BEST CRAB CAKES EVER.

All in all a good business trip.  That view is awsome.  I really enjoyed the Domino's sign at night.
View Quote

Baltimore DOES have some of the best crab cakes, and crabs in general that you will find anywhere. Next time you're in town, check out Little Italy for some killer cuisine! We gots the best Italian eats this side of the Big Apple!!!

You can see the Sheritan you stayed at in pic #2, to the left of Bank of America.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the pic Gus now I just have an urge for some Phillips buffet......... [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top