Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2002 2:58:44 PM EDT
Picked up my CCW today.....Don't feel any different but I am itching to go buy a new firearm and wip it out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you!  Maybe someday We here in Ohio can carry legally too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Picked up my CCW today.....Don't feel any different but I am itching to go buy a new firearm and wip it out.
View Quote

I wanted to comment on the "wip it out" part, but think I will pass!   [:o)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good for you!  Maybe someday We here in Ohio can carry legally too.
View Quote

Right on  Man !
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I am gonna wip it out, he he
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
"Pardon me while I whips this out"
...........Clevon Little in Blazing Saddles
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am gonna wip it out, he he
View Quote

What's the delay? If you're in the Boise area, Sportsman's Warehouse has a nice Bushmaster Varminter just waitin' for you!
Kevin
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Figure out ahead of time how you will use a public bathroom.
View Quote

That's why they made Shoulder Holsters! Then you get to figure out how to not pass out from dehydration because you are wearing a jacket, indoors, in the middle of summer.

Hmmm, drop pants CLUNK!. Undo pants to pee-oops something else is showing this time [:o]
View Quote

BTW, the answer is to pee like a girl. Enter stall, unholster and place pistol in pants leg.
Warning - Baby Brownings and other like-size pistols may tend to obey the law of gravity.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Me thinking Sig 220 and I will wip it out, gonna be awhile though, they kind of expensive.

Worth it though
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Dark Helmet,

Thanks for the heads up on responsibility when it comes to being issued a CCW, Gee Dad can I go out and play now???

Me talking about wipping out the CCW when it comes time for applying to buy a firearm, Jeeze you really are a Monkey's Ass..

[rocket]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dark Helmet,

Thanks for the heads up on responsibility when it comes to being issued a CCW, Gee Dad can I go out and play now???

Me talking about wipping out the CCW when it comes time for applying to buy a firearm, Jeeze you really are a Monkey's Ass..

[rocket]
View Quote

Easy there big fella,

I wouldn't be too hard on DarkHelmet. Check your syntax.  

itching to go buy a new firearm and wip it out.
View Quote

That has a completely different meaning than "itching to whip it out and buy a new firearm". I'm sure most that read your post thought the same thing DarkHelmet did.
[:)]

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That has a completely different meaning than "itching to whip it out and buy a new firearm". I'm sure most that read your post thought the same thing DarkHelmet did.
[:)]

View Quote

Yep, I read it the same way that DarkHelmet did and thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Who cares. Let's not turn the post into another juvenile debate over the meaning of the original thread. Stick to the subject.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats!!! Mine keeps getting delayed. I think I am up to 120 wait now. First it was Orange County CA refusing to verify my record. So they had to physically call them, that added 30 days. Then due to 9/11, all applicants not born in this country (even though I've been here since I was 5) had to show proof of citizenship, that added 30days. Then another 30 day wait cause I had a wage garnishment for taxes. They want to make sure that was paid for, which it is from '93. All this on top of the normal processing time of 90 days. I probably won't see mine till Christmas. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dark Helmet,

[rocket]
View Quote

You are confused here dude.  He meant you can only whip it out after you speed down the highway and piss off other drivers, then you have every right to whip it out and cap their arse!!

Right Helmet?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]
escapee,
got some news for you: when you "whip it out" the gun shop guy will yawn and say "man, great, makes my life easy". In other words, everyone has a CCL in Idaho. I have had mine for quite some time now and the down side is when you have to go to some third world state like ILL or NY or worst of all UT on business. walking around unarmed is sort of creepy when you normally are armed. Sort of like being a leg every time you travel.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn rough crowd tonight, my wipping it out was entirely meant for using the CCL to fill out the paper work on a firearm purchase through an FFL, then the thread turned slightly into a sexual inuendo, then DarkHelmut read it and took it to mean I could not wait to wip out a piece and either show it off or scare some one with it...So with that being said this thread is collapsing in on me, just having some fun till the thread turned on me, lesson learned...Ouch......[:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats

[beer]

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I wanted to comment on the "wip it out" part, but think I will pass!   [:o)]
View Quote

you people have to go buy things to whip out?  heck, i was born with enough to whip out, i dont need to buy anymore.[;D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Damn rough crowd tonight, my wipping it out was entirely meant for using the CCL to fill out the paper work on a firearm purchase through an FFL, then the thread turned slightly into a sexual inuendo, then DarkHelmut read it and took it to mean I could not wait to wip out a piece and either show it off or scare some one with it...So with that being said this thread is collapsing in on me, just having some fun till the thread turned on me, lesson learned...Ouch......[:D]
View Quote

Hope you didn't think my reply was rough, I put a smiley. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Me coooool......[:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if darkhelmet jumps into conclusions while on the road just like in this thread.
Naaaa... [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wonder if darkhelmet jumps into conclusions while on the road just like in this thread.
Naaaa... [rolleyes]

View Quote

ROTFLMAO...Ya think??

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Naaaa... [rolleyes]

View Quote

Yup, one day I was going southbound I-5 towards Seattle, snd sure enough in the lane next to me was this middle aged, short, fat, balding, white guy holding a Glock 30 in his hands with a wild eyed look on his face[whacko], eyeing my little economy car. He passed me going about 30 (it was rush hour) and there I saw it- an AR-15.com bumper sticker! I knew it was Dark Helmet.

My advise to you all, stay far away while he's behind the wheel![smoke]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Dark Helmet has his testosterone under control, he's just got that itchy trigger finger to deal with now.

I wonder what color cardigan he was wearing when he wrote his post........
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:59:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Congratulations on getting your concealed weapons permit. I have one for the state of Oregon, and I just applied for a non-resident Washington state concealed handgun permit a few days ago. Gadda wait 60 days for non residents.

I would not worry to much on what Dark helmet is saying, although I would agree that it is best to keep a firearm concealed so you don't have any problems, It has been my experience that the average person does not pay to much detailed attention to what is going on around them, let alone can even tell if someone is carrying a concealed firearm. Just get a good In the Waistband holster and you should be fine. Shoulder rigs are nice, but like was said in the summer time wearing a jacket kinda sucks.  

Milt sparks makes excellent holsters. I have there Versa Max 2 IWB holster for my Beretta 92FS and I have no problems with concealment.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wonder what color cardigan he was wearing when he wrote his post........
View Quote

ROTFL!!

By the way, concrats!  Mine is due in the mail in another month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top