Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/30/2002 2:58:16 PM EDT
Anybody know of a shooting range around the Dundee/Newberg/Sherwood/Mac area that is open to the public and has at least 50 yards? Needs to be a rifle range too.... Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2002 3:32:38 PM EDT by MurderSHO45]
Tri-county would be your best bet. It's in Old town Sherwood. There's a little one off of 99 in Layfette or dundee, I can't remember, I drive by there so much, I've lost my mind. Not in your area, but I perfer my new favorite range, douglas ridge. Sweet setup for the most part. Douglas Ridge has just about any range you guys can think of. It's funny you ask this, cause one time you posted an thread about a police officer posting up close to your home, and you described real briefly your surroundings. I was going to guess in the thread if you lived in the Dundee/Layfette (Wine Country) area, but I thought I'd just mind my own business. [8D] Edited to say: wait you said open to public. Sorry, don't know of any that are.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:39:11 PM EDT
Hey guys....where and the heck is Douglas Ridge??
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:58:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2002 4:00:02 PM EDT by MurderSHO45]
Douglas Ridge Rifle Range is on HWY 224 halfway between Barton and Estacada. I just joined last month. Best club around IMO. 50 ft. indoor handgun range Bunch of shotgun lanes and a few have automatic throwers. 100-200 yard rifle range with over 25 lanes, soon to be more.( you can set targets up anywhere between 5-100 yards and shoot anything you want, including shotguns for patterns, this is where I shoot my handguns) Silhouette range (haven't played on that one yet). Every Tuesday and Thursday they shoot 600-1000 yards. Every time I go, there's hardly anyone there, I love it!! It sits on over 125 acres. Over 1400 members. NRA/CMP authorized or whatever they call it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:58:28 PM EDT
Crap son, to shoot fer free just drive out some more to the coast range. Just go til you think you are alone and then drive for another hour. Actually [url=http://www.tcgc.org/homepage.htm]Tri-County[/url] is right there and might be worth for you to check out if you haven't been there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:31:37 PM EDT
Tri-County is 295 to join!!!! [shock]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:22:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2002 5:23:01 PM EDT by MurderSHO45]
WOW! That's almost 150 more then douglas ridge. After 3 years it costs around $50 a year. Tri-County has a great facility, but I don't think it worth the extra dough.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:12:32 PM EDT
Ah yes, the coast range. My favorite shooting spots are slowly being creeped up on by society. Two weeks ago I took a friday off of work and was shocked to see all of the new fire roads in the vicinity of my shooting spot. I wonder how long it will last. Many years ago I used to shoot at Dixie Mntn off of Hwy 30. Hope to run into some of you shooting out there sometime. Last time out we ran into a Family plinking-dad had an AR so I knew they were alright.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:25:37 PM EDT
Not to hijack the thread but: Hey, Orygun! I still shoot of off Dixie MT! Of course I live there. . . . Just shoot out back. . .:-) Now we have all these F'ing neigboors that keep calling the cops and coming over to complain. . . . The cops got tired of the ph calls, and after telling the neigboors enough times we were doing NOTHING ILLEGAL and could shoot are balls off if we wanted, they FINALLY stopped calling the cops. This one old cranky br*tish bastard that lives 1/2 mile away seems to thing that there's something wrong with us "disturbing his peace" at 2 in the afternoon on a nice saturday. . . azzhole. My favorite thing to do is empty a 20 rnd mag in my AR10 or a 30 rnder in my VEPR just as we finish shooting. . . It neverfails, the old cranky bastard shows up 10 minutes later. He'll let the phone ring about 25 times when we are out shooting. . . . Most the neigboors don't mind, let us shoot onthier property, and shoot occationally themselves. Anyway, we also are looking for a good range, but closer to hillsboro/portland. Long range (100-1000 yards) and indoor pistol/rifle. I've heard of one that is out HWY 26 about 1/2 to the coast that is 2000 yards? Anyone been there? Later, Justin
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:56:37 PM EDT
Hello Justin, I have LOTS of fun memories from Dixie Mt. Oh how times change. The place that I shoot at only gives me about 100 yards or so, but there are MANY places to shoot in the hills. I will ask some coworkers about your 2000 yarder. My shooting spot is opposite of Hildegardes store off of Hwy 26 roughly 1/2 way to the coast, so maybe I am close to the mother lode!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:08:16 PM EDT
That's why I like living more inland near Mt. Hood and the natioanl forest. Plenty of spots to shoot still. And still not to far from the beach.
Top Top