Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2002 9:18:34 AM EDT
Win one for the good guys. Here is a good one for NRA's Armed Citizen. For those that are not NRA members, in their monthly magazine, they have a page where a citizen lawfully defends himself with a gun
========================================================

Los Angeles Times: Jeweler Kills Gunman in His Store

(you will need to reg/login to read story)
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jewelry26jul26.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dcalifornia[/url]

LOS ANGELES
Jeweler Kills Gunman in His Store
By HECTOR BECERRA
TIMES STAFF WRITER

July 26 2002

The owner of a Beverly Hills jewelry store who shot and killed an intruder
Thursday told police the man was holding a gun to his head when he reached for
his own and fired repeatedly.

Police responded about 1:30 p.m. to reports of gunshots at Mirage Jewelers on
9469 Little Santa Monica Blvd., said Beverly Hills Police Lt. Gary Gilmond.

Officers entered the store and found the body just inside the entrance and the
owner standing behind a counter, police said. Police said the owner told them
that the man had drawn a gun from his waistband and led him around the otherwise
empty store. At one point, the gunman pointed his weapon at the owner's head,
the jeweler told police. The owner "drew his own handgun" and "fired on the
suspect multiple times, striking him on the upper torso," Gilmond said. Police
did not identify either man.

The result of a police investigation will be submitted to district attorney
prosecutors for review.

If you want other stories on this topic, search the Archives at
latimes.com/archives. For information about reprinting this article, go to
www.lats.com/rights.

Copyright 2002 Los Angeles Times
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how long it takes before the media refers to the shootee as the "victim"

I can hear it now
"The victim,Joe Blow from Kokomo was shot multiple times by a gun toting store owner"
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't believe this particular newspaper even recognized this!!

Is this a first?

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wonder how long it takes before the media refers to the shootee as the "victim"

I can hear it now
"The victim,Joe Blow from Kokomo was shot multiple times by a gun toting store owner"
View Quote

I heard this on the radio this morning, and the announcer said:

"... and the [b]victim[/b] shot the [b]robber[/b] several times and killed him."  She went on to say that police investigator said that this is self-defense and probably no charges will be filed.

One for the good guys.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can hear it now
View Quote

Well that has already started. On the evening news last night, some of the newscasters were alluding that the shooter was guilty of some law for killing the BG.

Quoted:
I can't believe this particular newspaper even recognized this!!

Is this a first?
View Quote

They HAD to report it, because everybody is doing it, they had no choice. But you can bet that this story will fall off the radar screen in a day or two.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Gee ,do you think the scumbag thought for one moment that when he got up that morning he was going to get killed?
Fuck em!
Rest in hell POS.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]
LaLa Land?  The store owner is probably screwed.  If he doesn't get an anti-gun crusading DA chasing him, you can bet the perp's survivors' lawyer probably will.  We've all heard the asinine arguments against the guy before too.  The liberals out there are more afraid of guns than they are of BGs.  Go figure.

Out here, the sheriff and the DA would already have pinned a medal on the store owner for taking out the trash.  [}:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top