Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2002 11:17:57 PM EDT
Hi All.

I am looking to buy a piece of property (acreage / farm) in Pennsylvania.

Our main purpose will be for recreation AND a secure retreat.  AND.. I want a place that I can set up a range on. !

I initially considered Upstate NY, but after I realized that Goatboy lives in NY, I reconsidered! (actually -- it was the evil NY gun laws) [:D]

How is the Honesdale / Hamlin Area?

We live aprox 1 hour away from the NJ/PA border (rt. 80).  I would like something CLOSE !  (max. 2 hour drive)

I found a few properties that look promising:

[url]http://www.chantre.com/farms.php[/url]

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
In my tired stupor, I forgot to mention the following:

Price range -->  Between $200-300K

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like some great prices, especially the one on 83 acres with a pond for $249,000, It's Beautiful country up there. Ive been looking for the same kind of setup in Colorado, the problem is that it will be my primary residence, not a retreat, and anything on acerage that is affordable is just way too far out to get to work every day, I was thinking about doing a dirt runway, and getting a little plane, It would be great for everything else, but I couldnt land it at work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Howz about 126.89 acres for $104,000 ?
Check your ar15.com email, I sent you the info...
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Try [url]www.realtor.com[/url]
they have virtually every property for sale in the USA listed. Just put in the state and city you are looking for and in the search critera click on "more than 20 acres"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top