Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/24/2002 9:26:09 PM EDT
If you guys could find a little time for this,it would be most welcome.My niece was born about 10:30 the 23rd.She was fine at first.By 5:30 the next morning they were talking about sending her to Childrens hospital in St. Louis.By 2PM the doctor flew in and inserted a chest tube and flew her back to Childrens.Seems she had a air pocket around her lungs.It was causing her a lot difficulty in breathing.She's better now but with a week to tens days stay ahead of her.

A update farther down
While your at it how about one for her mom and dad.Its there first child.More than anything they want to take her home as soon as they can.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
sorry about your niece, I'll say a prayer for her. nice to see people appreciate the value of prayer, Im sure it will work out fine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You got it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
You got it, Brother.  Positive energy is being delivered to her....now! [O:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:03:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Our Most Gracious and Loving Heavenly Father, we know that You are aware of our thoughts and the desires of our hearts even before they are formed. Please look down upon this family and their precious newborn child and raise up a hedge against all further harm and distress. Save the child and comfort the family, Holy Father, as our hearts desire. Be with the physicians and the nurses who care for this child, guide their minds and their hands as they minister unto the child, give them all wisdom to understand what must be done and how to accomplish Your Will, which will be that the child will recover and lead a wonderful and beautiful life in Your service.

Holy Father we know that all children are royal, that they are the Children of the King, and that they belong to You. Please Father, we pray that You will touch the child with your tender lovingkindness, and make all things right in her body. Be with the parents of the child and give them the faith to believe that Your will shall be done, and that our prayers will be granted shortly. Glorify this child, Father, and make her speedy recovery a sure symbol and a reward of our faith and trust in You.

We ask all of these things, Holy Father, in the complete confidence that we have as Your children, as the brothers and sisters of Your Son, Jesus Christ, and in Whose Name all these things are asked, Amen.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
May one thousand Buddhas bless your little niece, and help her little body to breath and heal.

May she grow up enlighted and happy, and put lights in this world.

It's all I can say. I hope it helps. Let me know, buddy...
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#7]
a prayer is on its way from me.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Done. She's got a good Uncle too. God Bless.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#9]
We ask The Lord over us, all and His son, The Lord Jesus Christ, in His Infinite mercy to heal this child and to give you and the child's parents His peace and assurance. We ask this in Jesus' Holy name.
amen
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Done....
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#11]
DONE! Please let us know how she turns out, and God Bless!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Done...God be with you.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#13]
DONE!

My nefue was under 2 pounds + 3months pre-me!

he is now perfectly healthy, thank God.

Stay positive it helps.

amen!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry to say she is not doing to good this morning.The hospital called before 7.They are giving her a medication to keep her absolutely still.She is fighting all the stuff hooked up to her.Her heart is not as strong as it was last night.Cardiologist is suppose to check her out.I'll keep you posted.

I could post a picture if you think its apropiate.Then you could see what a darling little girl she is.

I was in the NEO ICU olast night when they gave her a bath.Boy was she mad.Turned bright red and stiffened up.She is a fighter.

I pray for God's will.I'm just trying to sway Him to my side for shure.

Thank You for the prayers so far.When I started to type this I could barely see the keyboard.I fell a little better after writing this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope she pulls through...My Prayer is going out right now...
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Our Most Gracious and Loving Heavenly Father, we know that You are aware of our thoughts and the desires of our hearts even before they are formed. Please look down upon this family and their precious newborn child and raise up a hedge against all further harm and distress. Save the child and comfort the family, Holy Father, as our hearts desire. Be with the physicians and the nurses who care for this child, guide their minds and their hands as they minister unto the child, give them all wisdom to understand what must be done and how to accomplish Your Will, which will be that the child will recover and lead a wonderful and beautiful life in Your service.

Holy Father we know that all children are royal, that they are the Children of the King, and that they belong to You. Please Father, we pray that You will touch the child with your tender lovingkindness, and make all things right in her body. Be with the parents of the child and give them the faith to believe that Your will shall be done, and that our prayers will be granted shortly. Glorify this child, Father, and make her speedy recovery a sure symbol and a reward of our faith and trust in You.

We ask all of these things, Holy Father, in the complete confidence that we have as Your children, as the brothers and sisters of Your Son, Jesus Christ, and in Whose Name all these things are asked, Amen.
View Quote

Eric, thats profound [0:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Eric, thats profound [0:)]
View Quote

ARMALITE-FAN
hang in there brother, she a little fighter
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Just recieved word.They changed the type of resperator shes on.They have her numbed up so she cant move to reduce the stress on her.She is doing better than this morning.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0KAAAAM0N0RAeuxKw9fKmp68EsgT1GxoCKgLqbyd35MbXyMkThVSvrIcPNOphDSe6H5XgAmgAdAA/Jenna.jpg[/img]

Heres a pic from last night.Her name is Jenna
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#20]
she a cute little girl, man I love children, she even has a little hair. I'm hoping for the best, thanks for making me tear Armalite-fan
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Our Sweet Lord, please hold little [b]Jenna[/b] in the Palms of Your Most Merciful Hands, and breath deeply into her tiny lungs with the Breath of Life. Bind up the ailments and heal the afflictions under which she entered into this world. Answer our prayers, Holy Father, and let Your Will be that the child lives and lives well and long.

We ask it in the name of One who was also a child and cried in the arms of His earthly parents, of One Who is well acquainted with the griefs of children in this present world, and One Who promised us that whatsoever we bind on this earth in His Name, will be bound in Heaven. Lord, we bind little Jenna to life in this world, and we agree on this in His Name, Holy Father. Let Your promises be done in this as in everything, in Jesus' Most Holy Name, Amen.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Jeez, Eric. I've said it before and I'll say it again: You're a piece of work.

Well said, sir.

I, too, love kids, having two of my own. I cannot imagine the heartache that must be involved in seeing your infant wired up like that.

Add my name to the Amen Chorus with Eric...

Edited to add: I'm no doctor, but it seems to me that, despite her condition, she seems otherwise healthy. Nice pink color, well-formed, strong. Good signs in any case. Keep the Faith!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#23]
My niece Jana was born in Great Falls, MT with a heart defect that required her to be flown to Children's Hospital in Seattle.  When she was two days old she had a balloon shunt procedure to open the wall between her heart chambers.  I know how hard it is to see them with all the tubes, etc.  When she was 18 months she had open heart surgery.  Two days after the surgery when the swelling and drainage subsided and we knew she was going to be OK, I cried like a baby.  She is now a healthy, happy, somewhat obnoxious 15 year old.  

May God in His perfect will grant the same joy to you, your niece, and her parents.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#24]
may the Lord and Jesus Christ watch over her and keep her so that she may overcome this ordeal.  I will also include her in my prayers every night until you post that she is going home.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#25]
ARMALITE-FAN,

Prayers are in route for baby Jenna and your family. Please keep us updated on her progress.

God bless
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Done deal.    We're keeping our father busy.    Keep it up guys.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks.I'm going to print this off and send it to her mom and dad at the hospital
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:26:54 AM EDT
[#28]
She'll be included in our prayers, God Bless!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank for the prayers.Jenna is doing much better today.There taking her off the paralizing medicine today.There still keeping her sedated though.They also allowed her parents to touch her.That must be a relief.I couldn't imagine going thru that.

I still go in and check the breathing of my first.he just turned 7!

God Bless to Jenna and all those who lifted the thoughts and prayers Him for her.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him all ye creatures here below;
Praise Him in the Heavens, ye Heavenly Host!
Praise the Father, Praise the Son, Praise the Holy Ghost!

And His church says in one voice - [b]Amen![/b]

Eric The(ThankYouLord,ThankYouLord)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him all ye creatures here below;
Praise Him in the Heavens, ye Heavenly Host!
Praise the Father, Praise the Son, Praise the Holy Ghost!

And His church says in one voice - [b]Amen![/b]

Eric The(ThankYouLord,ThankYouLord)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Amen.

Link Posted: 7/27/2002 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 2:41:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What condition is it?? Did they ever say?
View Quote

Not exactlly.Here is what ive heard so far.Jenna was full term,as a matter of fact she was induced.The nurse in the neoicu said it wasnt uncommon.She was born with a air bubble in the chest cavity.Possibly from a small hole in the lung.They knew this at the delivery hospital.Most of the time it takes care of its self.However Jenna is a real screamer according to my wife.Babies who cry alot or hard are more prone to this.I guessing the hole doesn't heal up as usuall.I was also told all babies are born with a hole in their heart ,but closes within hours.Is seems hers didnt from the hard crying.Thats what put the strain on her heart,so she was sedated.When I say hole in the heart I mean a some kind of flap.I'm not sure if I've got this straight.I got this info from my wife. I'll ask a nurse tommorow if she has time.

She is better.The nurse told my wife she would be in probally 2 more weeks.She has to get her chest tube out and healed up.breathing without the vent.The nurse said the big problem is eating.She said they dont want anything in her mouth after the tube.

I find myself praying several times a day for her.It seems they are being heard and answered.I thank you all agian for yours.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#34]
My nephew was born with multiple holes in his heart, and at 2 he's a normal active young man, though the holes still haven't closed as they should have.  If they don't heal by the time he's 5 they want to operate, but they say there's plenty of time for it to fix itself.  Kids are amazingly resilient.  From what you've posted, it sounds like little Jenna is doing much better, but just to be safe:

Heavenly Father, please watch over, bless, and protec little Jenna and her family.  Keep them safe and secure in your love, and see them through these trying times.  In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Just heard the have upgraded from critical to stable

'Thanks agian people.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Very happy she is getting better.It makes me hurt thinking about it. Done.

Eric, drop the law thing, you know your true calling. If I needed a prayer, you are the man!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Prayers sent!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#38]
My prayers for Jenna and her family.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#39]
More good news.The chest tube is out!A lot of progress today.you can look at her and tell she is better.Still on the vent although the hole in her lung is closed.The flap in her heart also closed right.

I was able to touch her for the first time today.Yes prayers are heard and they are answered.All you have to do is ask.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
More good news.The chest tube is out!A lot of progress today.you can look at her and tell she is better.Still on the vent although the hole in her lung is closed.The flap in her heart also closed right.

I was able to touch her for the first time today.Yes prayers are heard and they are answered.All you have to do is ask.
View Quote

More GOOD NEWS!

sending some more prayers
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just heard the have upgraded from critical to stable

'Thanks agian people.
View Quote

Amen!  Please keep us posted.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#42]
more on the way....

SRM
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Done.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Glad to hear her condition was upgraded!

Like a previous poster said, kids are very resiliant.  My daughter had surgery at 7 weeks, and came through it like a litle trooper.

Balming
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Done!
God Bless you and yours!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#46]
More good news.She is off the ventalator.There letting her lay on her tummy.Thats gotta feel good after staying in one position for so long.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
More good news.She is off the ventalator.There letting her lay on her tummy.Thats gotta feel good after staying in one position for so long.
View Quote

Great news!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Just returned from seeing her.She is still on the ventalator.Mother in law misunderstood.Tommorow might be the day though.hopefully her mom and dad can hold her then.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#50]
You can count on a prayer from me, as well.

Hang in there.  Keep on keepin' on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top