Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2002 8:49:01 PM EDT
In the thread I posted entitled "E-mail Hacker", judge Eaton made a comment that deserves a thread by itself.

"Eaton said she could not speak with Team 4 about Brian Ferguson. In a court filing, she says she "has suffered distress as well as pecuniary loss resulting from increased security measures."

Did you get that? the judge filed papers that allege she, "suffered distress as well as pecuniary loss resulting from increased security measures". Hm-m-m-m-m.

Makes me wonder how many of us are suffering stress and pecuniary loss because of Homeland Security measures. If this is a viable complaint, We The People could have legal standing in court against this alleged protection we are supposed to be experiencing. I have not researched this but for openers, I'm just going to throw it out there and see what you think about this.

For example, doctors are finding that stress contributes to the formation of cancer. Doctor Lorraine Day, M.D., [url]www.drday.com[/url], emphasizes a stress free environment as a cancer fighting tool. She says this about stress,

"When we are stressed or angry, the stomach contracts and cannot digest our food properly, the intestinal peristalsis stops so we can't get rid of our waste material and instead we reabsorb these toxins, and our adrenal glands pour out harmful hormones into our body that supress our immune system. In addition, stress is very dehydrating, thus depleting the body of its much needed water."

She continues with,

"In order to get well, the body must be given huge amounts of nutrition...lots of water, LOTS of rest in order to repair diseased tissues and organs, FREEDOM FROM STRESS, and PLENTY of time for prayer and Bible study, since God is the actual healer!" (Emphasis hers.)

Now, what toll, placed on us by Homeland Security, are we having to endure in the alleged hope of security? How many of us are going to have our immune systems compromised and make us susceptible to some disease in order to achieve some alleged security? What medical price security?

Also, what financial price security? How much extra is it costing you to accommodate security measures?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Am I to understand that nobody is perplexed because of baggage checks, long lines or even additional parking fees for having to be at the airport early? Everybody likes roadblocks? Nobody feels uncomfortable about the 1 in 24 of your friends who are going to spy on you?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Weaklings often whine.
Nothing new.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not bothered at all by Homeland Security. In fact I want more of it.

Our Problem is not that we have to much Homeland Security, but not enough.

As for spending a little more time at the airport or otherwise being suffering some minor delays in your daily routine....my heart bleeds for your spoiled rotten behind.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You may have read the posting entitled "Special Forces Soldiers Killing Their Wives" on this board. [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=135777[/url] Here's part of today's, 7/27/02, AP update.

Associated Press:JULY 27, 14:37 ET
   Army Grapples With Domestic Violence
   FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) —  ...But it's not just assigment to Afghanistan, said one expert. Stress and anger management sessions have increased at the post since the terror attacks on Sept. 11, said Henry Berry, manager of family advocacy programs at the post.
   ``Change brings about a degree of stress,'' Berry said. ``The military community requires its members to adapt to ongoing change within life and work.''...  
   Orthner has studied military families for 25 years and agrees with the military that the most stressful times for soldiers are just before, during and just after deployment."

Note the key phrases,

"Stress and anger management sessions have increased at the post since the terror attacks on Sept. 11"

"Change brings about a degree of stress"

"the most stressful times for soldiers are just before, during and just after deployment"

What do you think the American people are and have been experiencing since 9-11? Are they immune from stress? And how is this stress going to manifest itself? According to Dr. Day and others, this is going to result in increased diseases and illness. Now it appears that irrational behavior is also to be expected. How are you holding up? Are you finding yourself less tolerant lately, how about loss of patience? Are the "changes" being made to our life style stressful to you? Are the warnings, i.e., "stressful times...before...deployment", of bio or nuclear attacks making you feel comfortable or uncomfortable?

I think we have a problem brewing here and it appears to be caused by our leaders and their handling, or lack of handling, the 9-11 crisis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top