Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/22/2002 4:09:41 AM EDT
I am on absolute pins and needles, I have my phone all warmed up, I have four computers with different feeds coming in up and running, I have a sizable chunk o'cash waiting to go out, today is the day to make a killing. Who else is primed and ready to go?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:22:21 AM EDT
Good luck my friend.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:33:38 AM EDT
I have always wanted to try my hand at the market. With the advent of the internet, trading has become so easy, I know quite a few people that do it part time at home, and have made a lot of money doing it. However, I am not one to get into something half assed. I AM someone who once I go into something, tried to do it right. What would you recommend as a venue to learn about trading online? If you want, email me at kill(nospam)@internetwis(spamsux).com. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:42:08 AM EDT
Well tell us how you make out!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:46:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2002 4:49:39 AM EDT by BenDover]
Shorts were in last week. Accum WCOM.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:49:27 AM EDT
I predict to bottom to be at about 12:30pm.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:51:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2002 4:52:04 AM EDT by BenDover]
I am betting on sideways. (sorry heilo, I know that's not what you want - too hard to gauge). I don't think the market will knee jerk today. I think the real killer will be tomorrow, esp. depending on what happens today.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:57:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2002 4:58:12 AM EDT by LWilde]
I'd wait one or two more days...just to let the suckers get out and leave all their goodies for you to pick up on the cheap. The panic isn't over yet...and the market hasn't bottomed yet...I think. Like most of us, I've taken a terrible whuppin' in the last three years but I'm in it for the long haul. [BD] Stay diversified, stay patient, don't panic [8D] and just look around: The U.S. economy is basically very sound. Sure we have some terrible devaluation of some monster companies...but most American firms are doing well and eventually, the market will reflect that. Finally, this crookery and cooking the books will end very soon, since on August 4, all the CEOs have to sign their annual statements, attesting to the accuracy of the accounting results, to the best of their knowledge. IF they lie and get caught...its a nasty stretch in Club Fed for them...and I think that all things considered right now...these guys and gals are very likely to stick to the truth. In order to do that, they need to get their houses in order...which is why all these firms are admitting their problems now. Finally, for those among us who believe that this problem is related somehow to the Bush administration and its fiscal policies, I would just like to point out that every single one of the major firms who have been caught cooking the books have admitted to doing so between 1999 - 2001. Further, the officers and accountants involved in this have admitted that their fiduciary crookery was the result of a free-wheeling attitude and mindset on the part of the new, pro-business, anything goes, Clinton administration, lack of oversight on the part of the administration and civilian watchdogs, and laws enacted a decade ago (By...you guessed it...a Democratic congress!). Now realizing the danger to his administration, Bush has rightfully called for an end of the crooked accounting policies and and recommended draconian penalties for those greedy bastards who violate the public trust and steal our money. Bravo! Enough blather. It's time to...[b] BUY..BUY...BUY!!! [/b] [soapbox] (Waiting in the wings...) [;D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:42:01 AM EDT
Cheap, cheap cheap....time to make money! Cannot wait! [b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:46:22 AM EDT
WOOHOOO The market is UP BayBeeee!!! The BOND market that is [:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:59:07 AM EDT
As they say, never try to catch a falling knife... knife make heap big hole in hand.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:17:20 AM EDT
Just picked up some *easy* cash on Corning Stock (glw), damn, that will pay for my kids tuition. I love this game. More later.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:18:35 AM EDT
General Motors (gm) was just very good to me also.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:27:27 AM EDT
Verizon just hit my point, time to count my winnings for the morning and get ready for the after lunch rush. Good luck people. See you on the other side.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:30:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2002 6:30:59 AM EDT by lordtrader]
Blue Horse Shoe loves GM and VZ. How bout some biotechs to go in the mix. Maybe some Semis
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:30:58 AM EDT
Today is the day to get in....just make sure you are out by wed noon :) "The fundamentals are still strong"... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:31:28 AM EDT
Teach me TEACH ME OBIWAN!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:30:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader: Blue Horse Shoe loves GM and VZ. How bout some biotechs to go in the mix. Maybe some Semis
View Quote
Bad, bad, bad. I never try to mix in biotechs to anything but biotechs, I wake up in the morning with a huge hangover and an empty wallet. If you are going to do biotechs, take the month to learn everything and everyone involved, then take another month networking those people. After that, maybe, just a tiny little bit of money to start with. Verison bounced back, luckily about 15 minutes after my positions matured. A real nail biter there . General motors ont he other hand has been consistent through out the day so far, I bounced out of them around 10:30, hence leaving something on the table for the rest of you pikers. I did swing by SWC Communications to see if there was anything tasty left and found a small hunk just waiting to be picked up, worht the time, but nothing to crow about. Later.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:31:12 AM EDT
For Biotech fans, I have a buddy who says Titan (TTP) is going to tank mid morningish... Go to it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:52:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:59:22 AM EDT
ITry buying stocks in the tel com sector. My company needs all the help they can get.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:20:57 AM EDT
9 AM PST, dow down 184......
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:38:55 AM EDT
So, hielo, have you opened the window and are you fixing to jump? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:49:57 AM EDT
Marvl, you mistake me for people who are buying stocks. I am day trading options, and in this case I am short trading. As opposed to climbing the windowsill to jump, I am buying the building today, this is my kind of day. I hope some of you shorted TTP as I told you to, they are way down, you could have made a real killing there. More later, right now things are hopping.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:22:51 AM EDT
10:15 PST dow down 192.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:23:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2002 9:23:53 AM EDT by BenDover]
Shorts have all been good. ENZN is my winner so far.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:34:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hielo: I hope some of you shorted TTP as I told you to, they are way down, you could have made a real killing there.
View Quote
You posted that at 11:31, after it already had...
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:21:51 AM EDT
Beeen a busy day...not much time for anythin g
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:49:59 AM EDT
Understood. Glad to hear you did well. I made a few dollars on KRB. If you get any more sure things feel free to pass them along. The pikers will appreciate it. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:55:33 AM EDT
I have been praying for another PG freefall, but I think if consumer confidence is any indicator, today's performance looks goods for earlier PG buy/holds. I've been in and out for med-range twice now. I am lucky in that I live 4 blocks from their WHQ and know senior and exec management. Good for them today up at $4.24. I don't think we're going to see $55 PG again.
Top Top