Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/21/2002 12:32:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:36:51 PM EDT
Sounds like fun to me. Sounds like you should go next year[:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:43:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:01:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:20:33 PM EDT
If you like Harleys you should have ridden in the Cleveland Police Scholarship ride last Sunday. There were almost 900 bikes with about 90% being Harleys. There is also the Quaker Steak & Lube bike nite here in Cleveland. THey changed the nite from last year. I think it's now on Wed night. One night last year there were 5,000 bikes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:23:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:28:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M4Madness: Believe it or not, we never had any trouble out of any of them. They brought a heck of a lot of business to the local economy and were respectful of others. [:D]
View Quote
Your community has just figured out what Daytona Beach FL, MB SC, Sturgis SD and others have been enjoying for a few years now. "Bikers" spend more money and cause less problems than any other big event at Daytona. I'm sure it wasn't always that way, but ask a cop at Daytona if he prefers working "Bike Week" or "Spring Break" and see what he says. Daytona took a look at how profitable and trouble free Bike Week is in March (an event the bikers started over 5 decades ago) was and said "Gee, we should find a way to get those guys down here twice a year", and thus Biketoberfest was born. It's grown to be a pretty big event of its own, and those two week pump millions into the local economy. So now, Daytona host 2 major biker events every year.
Top Top