User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This crap pisses me off as i just switched from local cable to Direct a few weeks ago and they pull this shit. I could give a crap less about most of those channels but i did enjoy watching some shows on Comedy Central and will bust out some Nick with the daughter. I should have just kept paying more with charter than make the switch.  

I'm kinda in the same boat. I was getting raped on my bill from Dish so I switched to Direct about a month ago. Now they do this shit and I'm furious.

HHahaha...Fuck me.

I just switched 5 days ago from Dish!!!11!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm so fucking sick of this shit!

No G4TV.
Now no comedy central.  

Fuck this!
I'm dropping them.

I am still pissed about no G4...my family has DirecTV.  I am not a fan of DirecTV to begin with.

Makes me not want pay TV whenever I move out.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This isn't the first time this has happened. They will come to some sort of deal and the channels will be back.  

They threw a hissy fit with WGN and it lasted a week.
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I got rid of Directv months ago and am still elated with my decision!
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Viacom has also blocked other providers ability to go online to watch their programing also.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:45:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I had Directv for 12 years.  The cost kept going up and up and I kept losing channels here and there.  I finally asked them for ways to lower my bill since they sucked and they would not help me.  When I got rid of them they then tried to give me all kinds of discounts.  Too late.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I am (was) a direct TV customer and I say screw them both.  I am getting rid of it and just using the PC from now on.  TV is generally terrible and getting worse by the day.   As much as the kids used to watch Nick  I hate Viacom's liberal channels Nick is a left-leaning "indoctrination" and "Commie" or Comedy Central - (Daily show indoctrination news for liberals) - and Direct TV, in the 12 years I've had the service, I've seen  over 200-300% increase - wow! I say goodbye to both, nobody needs you.  

I look forward to having $80/month to spend on other things.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm actually not seeing anything on there that is worth a fuck besides Nick. And even then the kids would just pick another channel and get over it.

Me thinks this is going to hurt Viacom a lot more than Directv.

This, sometimes SpikeTV plays a good movie, I can live without it.  Kids miss Nick though.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 5:15:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was 17 channels in total (regular ones and their HD mirrors).

Palladia
Centric
Tr3s
CMT
Logo
Nikelodeon
Nick Toons (losing this one really blows since my kids like many of the shows on it)
Teen Nick
NickJr
Nick@Nite
Spike
BET
VH1
VH1 Classic
TV Land
Comedy Central
MTV

Sweet, one of the 7 fucking channels I watch

Yeah, I'm pretty ticked. My house went without TV for a year (as an experiment) and not more than six months ago went back to cable. I chose DirecTV (over Dish of some of the local cable providers) specifically because the package they offered had the channels my family mostly watches, one of which is Nickelodeon which my kids love. Losing Nick for me is a deal killer. If DirecTV isn't going to compensate me somehow (which we all know they won't) I might as well switch to Dish or local cable.

This isn't DirecTV's fault.......focus your anger at Viacom (they want one BILLION for rights to broadcast)

And what the fuck do they need to compensate you for?  Remburse, maybe......but demanding compensation is a fucking democrat move.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck Viacom.  They are trying to up their income on the backs of subscribers.  Cable co. and satellite alike, it happens to em all.  Don't blame the cable/sat providers.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I see DirecTV is opening up the Encore channels to everyone for July with this Viacom issue - guess that's something.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those of you who are anticipating a drop in your rates if Viacom stays off of Directv are delusional.  For the same reason they cannot arbitrarily increase your rates, they do not have to decrease your rates.  Directv is not going to reduce your rates a penny unless you call threatening to drop them.

They won't do it then either.  I've been a directv subscriber for about 7 years.  Called last year and asked for a deal and I got $5 off for three months.  Tried again and got free showtime for three months.
They dropped fox nets earlier this year for about two weeks and wouldn't give me shit.

I heard they are negotiating with AMC now.  If that goes south and they drop it for any amount of time I'm done with tv.

Hell everytime they raise rates I call them and tell them I'm just going to get the cheap package and they dig up some discount I "qualify" for and the discount last at a minimum for a year. When that one is about to run out I do the same thing. I'm not talking about getting a free channel. The discounts always lower my bill below what my channel package was costing me before the rate increase.

Seems like they always have some discount I qualify for but they sure as hell never tell me about them until I tell them I am going to change my package. I've been with them for 13 years so I don't know if that makes any difference.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top