Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2002 5:25:50 PM EDT
This press conf. from Ca. is making me sick.
Sherrif makes campaign speech over the body of that poor little girl.
"To React and Investigate"
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
My thoughts exactly, they are crowing about a 4 minute response time.  If they allowed their sheeple to protect themselves, in all probability we would be hearing about how a child molster was stopped from attacking *ANOTHER* baby.

Pisses me off, and you know what, they probably will not understand why either.  Thats the sad part.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll look past all the political BS and say
I'm thankful that they caught that sick mother fuc#er and I hope they don't wast one minute putting the POS in the grave!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't SEE the press conference, but here are my thoughts.

I know Mike Carona.  I met him at a shooting fundraiser where I won a Glock.

He is PRO CCW, told the voters that while running, and is handing out CCWs to those with good cause, which is a STATE requirement he cannot get around.

Lastly, IF this is the guy, they caught his ass POSTHASTE.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
They spent the first thirty minutes having a love fest...no evidence, no assurances...just hugging. I bet most Americans were scratching their heads wondering why is this THE guy.

Weird...I thought it was their job to investigate and find the bad guys...here they are patting each other on the back.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My thoughts exactly, they are crowing about a 4 minute response time.  If they allowed their sheeple to protect themselves, in all probability we would be hearing about how a child molster was stopped from attacking *ANOTHER* baby.

Pisses me off, and you know what, they probably will not understand why either.  Thats the sad part.
View Quote

Oh, a responsible adult witnessed this?? That same adult could have used a weapon to prevent this crime some how? Please explain further, I know nothing of this crime, other then a 5 year old was tragically kidnapped and murdered.

Or are you suggesting that we allow young children to run around with guns to be used in self defense some how?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Well Bullet, I can tell you that my 6 year old carrys his chhipmunk with him over our property and my 9 year old often time takes her shorty AR out, especially if she is sleeping outside (in a tent).

But, there were adults within a hundred yards of this baby, they just could not get to the car in time.

So yes, I do beleive armed citizens could have ended this.  Hopefully with little to no harm to the baby.

I trust my neighbors, if you don't, you might consider moving.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I can tell you this as well, I have a son that is nearly 2 years old. He'll no doubt be schooled in the use of firearms, but.. I don't think a small child (5 in this case) could make a self defense shoot or don't shoot call. Instead, my son is with me or my wife at all times. He's never out of sight nor more then a few feet away. Let alone 100's of yards away. And no, I don't trust my neighbors to look after my kid, I do that or my wife does, period. Though, where you came up with my first post having something to do with trusting neighbors is beyond me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He is PRO CCW, told the voters that while running, and is handing out CCWs to those with good cause, which is a STATE requirement he cannot get around.
View Quote

You need to expand on this a bit--"good cause" essentially means whatever the CLEO wants it mean, which can range anywhere from "You can't get one" (i.e. San Francisco) or pretty much "shall issue."

If he's denying people because they don't have "good cause" he's NOT pro-CCW.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well Bullet, I can tell you that my 6 year old carrys his chhipmunk with him over our property and [red]my 9 year old often time takes her shorty AR out, especially if she is sleeping outside (in a tent).[/red]

But, there were adults within a hundred yards of this baby, they just could not get to the car in time.

So yes, I do beleive armed citizens could have ended this.  Hopefully with little to no harm to the baby.

View Quote

Lets hope you don't go check on her after she dreamed about the boogy-man.

Jake
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you read some of the other topics on this site you will see that I can't stand cops,they have big egos,and could give a damn about our rights it's all about them being the boss.

But your off on this one,they did good putting this togther in only 4 days and this is an od case.
This one could have gotten away from anybody,the only thing that could saved that poor kid was if a cop was there in the drive way with her.
They are jerks but they would have stoped this if they could have.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Give the Cops thier 15 minutes. Big freaking deal.
Bottom line, these LE's didn't screw around, they
caught the scumbag faster than anyone could possible
hope for.[beer]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Smarty-pants, I disagree, namely, I think that responsible adults need to carry, at all times, for just these emergencies.  Police can not and will not be there when these things are happening, they fill out the paperwork afterwards (ok, in the majority of the cases).  

People (yes, even in California) need to realize that their safety is their responsibility, not the 911 operator or the local LEO.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If you read some of the other topics on this site you will see that I can't stand cops,they have big egos,and could give a damn about our rights it's all about them being the boss.

But your off on this one,they did good putting this togther in only 4 days and this is an od case.
This one could have gotten away from anybody,the only thing that could saved that poor kid was if a cop was there in the drive way with her.
They are jerks but they would have stoped this if they could have.
View Quote

AMEN to all the above!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats to the LEO's. Let's just hope the court system doesn't let loss of a child turn into a joke.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Smarty-pants, I disagree, namely, I think that responsible adults need to carry, at all times, for just these emergencies.  Police can not and will not be there when these things are happening, they fill out the paperwork afterwards (ok, in the majority of the cases).  

People (yes, even in California) need to realize that their safety is their responsibility, not the 911 operator or the
local LEO.
View Quote

Why do you disagree you make a good point but on something I did not even talk about.

Yes more,alot more poeple should be armed and yes the cops would have stoped this if they could hav.
Nobody can hold them at falt for this nor can Mom or Dad stand gard even sec.
That is way we need to f*k this guy up so bad that even sick people like him will think before they act.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, I think they did a great job in catching this bag of shit. I just think that once, just once during the sherrif's self-congratulatory love-fest, he could've expressed some regret at not catching the guy BEFORE the murder.
The cops did all that was humanly possible, and they deserve a pat on the back, but I think the sherrif came off as a consumate opportunist.
BTW, did you catch how Garcia, the FBI agent, used the word "tips" at leats half a dozen times in a 2 or 3 minute statement???
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#17]
They made an arrest, and appear to have got good evidence against the perp, so I will give them due credit for that.

A lot of people worked hard and long, and now all they need is a conviction.

But listening to Mike Carona was very irritating.

His first remark about how deputies responded to to the kidnap scene in 4 minutes like it was some amazing event, was just the beginning.

Well Mike, I have a news flash for you:
It could have been an hour for all it matters.

Here's what he really was saying when he made that remark:
Our deputies will respond in 4 minutes, but the bad guy will still get away, and your kids will still get raped and killed.

Mike should leave all comments about the case to his media people, and just shut the hell up.

He reminds me of JeffCo Sheriff John Stone after Columbine:
He just says stupid shit that irritates the hell out of you.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey, I think they did a great job in catching this bag of shit. I just think that once, just once during the sherrif's self-congratulatory love-fest, he could've expressed some regret at not catching the guy BEFORE the murder.
The cops did all that was humanly possible, and they deserve a pat on the back, but I think the sherrif came off as a consumate opportunist.
BTW, did you catch how Garcia, the FBI agent, used the word "tips" at leats half a dozen times in a 2 or 3 minute statement???
View Quote

I did not know he never expressed regret,seems like a small point but if he wants this to about him thats sick.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#19]

I did not know he never expressed regret,seems like a small point but if he wants this to about him thats sick.
View Quote

?????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
No kidding around, I would not be adverse to some hapless cop getting mixed up and letting him keep his belt, and the guy hanging himself.
I would think that a day off with pay would correct the cop's accidental failing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Congrats to the LEO's. Let's just hope the court system doesn't let loss of a child turn into a joke.
View Quote

They already have. It was reported on the news today (ABC News feed) that this guy had previously been prosecuted for molesting two girls under the age of 14. He was found not guilty by the jury on both charges, so he walked, clean.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That is way we need to f*k this guy up so bad that even sick people like him will think before they act.
View Quote

Do you really think that people like this predator actually "think" before they act? They aren't normal and could care less what you, I, or the legal system says, they are deranged and need to be removed from society.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well Bullet, I can tell you that my 6 year old carrys his chhipmunk with him over our property and my 9 year old often time takes her shorty AR out, especially if she is sleeping outside (in a tent).

View Quote

Armed citizens wouldnt have been able to stop it unless they were right there at the time.  I have not heard reports of any adults being at the scene during the abduction.  Further more if all that is needed to stop crimes is a CCW then why do states with CCW still have high crime and murder rates?  Being armed might stop some crimes like the stabbings that happened in Whittier but it wont stop all which is why I always keep an eye on my kids.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No kidding around, I would not be adverse to some hapless cop getting mixed up and letting him keep his belt, and the guy hanging himself.
I would think that a day off with pay would correct the cop's accidental failing.
View Quote

[blue]I think a week off with pay would be better...[/blue]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes the cops did a lot of patting themselves on their backs.  But for Christ sakes guys they did an excellent job in catching this motherf@cker in just 4 days!!  

As far as I am concerned all the Leos involved saved a life by catching this piece of shit so fast!

You guys are incredible at times.  You bitch when a cop does nothing and then you bitch even more when they do their job!  Make up your freaking mind or shut the hell up.  So they took credit for a job well done...so what?

And then you guys bitch because about some kid getting punched in the face after beating on a cop(Inglewood) but suggest this guy be given the means to hang himself?  Again..hypocrites!!  Yes the guy is scum and should be killed....but by a court of law!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well Bullet, I can tell you that my 6 year old carrys his chhipmunk with him over our property and [red]my 9 year old often time takes her shorty AR out, especially if she is sleeping outside (in a tent).[/red]

View Quote

Lets hope you don't go check on her after she dreamed about the boogy-man.

Jake
View Quote

Something tells me she probably doesn't fear the boogy man one bit. [;D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Were you a speech writer for the royal family in France, you know Louie and Marie?? ("let tem eat cake".... when told people had no bread).

The failing here wasn't guns, or lack thereof.

Where were the parents? Why were no parents near where the children were?? How come the info about the suspect vehicle color came from another 5 yo and not an adult??

Having guns is not a placebo for being a responsible, vigilant parent.

We could probalby also talk about the suspects prior arrest for several counts of child molestation, and threatening a witness.

But he was acquitted, I guess they had the wrong guy.

Or we could talk about his mom, saying there is no way her son did it. I guess the police are just arresting him for molesting kids, again, because of profiling. Nothing like having a family member "enabling" that kind of behavior.

Because obviously the cops lie.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Just saw part of the news conference. I have to say it reminded me of an Academy Award acceptance speech.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Maybe you keep meeting bad cops.  I know tons that are good guys and respectful, but I've also run into bad ones that have cursed and berated me, and one who even drew his pistol on me.  But I'd have to say the good ones outnumber the bad where I live.  Maybe your poor experience with law enforcement has something to do with you?  I've found that generally, people who have one bad experience with cops tend to make the rest bad on their own.  Certainly something to think about.

View Quote

Public outrage is a great motivator, especially in Kalifornia where the lefties are always outraged about something.

View Quote

BS.  Any competant adult [b][red]watching these children like an adult should[/b][/red] could have stopped this abduction.  It doesn't take a cop or Superman.  Just the watchful eye and presence of an adult.  I bet the grandmother is sick with guit over this one, and rightly so.  We all know it's an evil world out there, whether you live in the worst ghetto or the nicest neighborhood in the city.  There are predators out there, and it's the sad truth that some of them prey on children.  That's why my children are never out of the sight of a parent or a grandparent.  Proper adult supervision keeps kids safe from so many things, yet it's amazing that it's so rarely administered.

And where the hell was this kid's real father?  3,000 miles away, but he'll "always stay connected with her.  She'll live in his heart every day when he wakes up."  What a bunch of horse shit.

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes the cops did a lot of patting themselves on their backs.  But for Christ sakes guys they did an excellent job in catching this motherf@cker in just 4 days!!  

As far as I am concerned all the Leos involved saved a life by catching this piece of shit so fast!

You guys are incredible at times.  You bitch when a cop does nothing and then you bitch even more when they do their job!  Make up your freaking mind or shut the hell up.  So they took credit for a job well done...so what?

And then you guys bitch because about some kid getting punched in the face after beating on a cop(Inglewood) but suggest this guy be given the means to hang himself?  Again..hypocrites!!  Yes the guy is scum and should be killed....but by a court of law!!!

Sgtar15
View Quote

No kidding. I don't care if they come to the press conference in pink tutu's and dance like the sugar plum fairy. They took care of business and did a fine, fast job of it. I can think of a lot worse things than to have cops like that protecting my community. It's better than having public relations hacks pretending to be cops, don't you think?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice title to this thread. The Sheriff's Dept. responded to this tragedy, a tragedy where the parents, not the police, are supposed to be watching a kid, who gets grabbed, and sped away, immediately sexually assaulted and killed, and they made a righteous arrest withing a matter of what, a day and half, and people still have to whine about the job the police did and how they did it. You whiny ass MF'ers are the same guys who couldn't find your car keys without help, much less a killer. KMA.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Armed citizens wouldnt have been able to stop it unless they were right there at the time.  I have not heard reports of any adults being at the scene during the abduction.  Further more if all that is needed to stop crimes is a CCW then why do states with CCW still have high crime and murder rates?
View Quote

Have you compared the violent crime and murder rates of shall issue CHL states vs. states without?  The difference is very tangible.

Being armed might stop some crimes like the stabbings that happened in Whittier but it wont stop all which is why I always keep an eye on my kids.
View Quote

From what I know of child abduction cases you'll find that almost all of the time the crime, while sometimes planned, is done in the least risky setting, i.e. with no adults around or without adequate supervision.  How many times do you hear of children disappearing into a pool, getting lost in the woods and eaten by an animal, or being abducted while a responsible adult was properly paying attention to their child?  Every case I've ever heard of involves the phrase "I just turned away for a minute..."  

It's not about being armed for these types of crimes, it is indeed about actually being there and paying attention.  When I was 4 or 5 I nearly drowned when I slipped off a boat launch while my father was supposed to be watching me.  I couldn't swim and remembered fighting to get back above water, only to sink lower.  I thrashed about for what felt like forever, and then just gave up.  I remember looking up and seeing the sky and starting to black out.  Just before I almost lost conciousness, I noticed the form of someone above me, and I was sure that it was an angel who had come to take me to heaven or a demon to take me to hell because the sun was behind the person and I had tunnel vision under water so things looked weird.  Thank God it was my mother who snatched me, coughing and gasping for air, from those waters.  Had she been a minute later, I would have been another tragic story on the news.  

And many years later, when I was 12, it was my watchful eye that saw my 2 year old little brother toddle right into a pool while my mother was talking to my aunt.  I rushed and jumped in, holding him above water, nearly drowning myself because I couldn't get to the surface while holding him up.  It was after that episode that I made it a point to learn the proper techniques for water rescue.

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#35]
State..........Pop........Viol Cr..Rate....Murder..Rate
Texas.....19,760,000..111,566..564.6..1,346..6.8
Wisconsin..5,224,000...13,009..249.0.....190..3.6

1998 FBI Stats.

So which is the shall issue State and which is the no CCW State???????

Guns help individuals protect themselves, but unless criminals get caught AND go to jail/prison as PUNISHMENT for their crimes no change in crime rates happens.

FYI I think Milwaukee has something like 100+ murders a year.

CHL's are good for individuals

A working Criminal Justice system is good for the public as a whole.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Don't you realize that Avila is only a poor misguided abused soul that is innocent? After
all he has not had his fair and speedy trial.
In our society a person is presumed innocent...
I'm stopping now, this crap makes me sick, I think I'm gona give myself a shot of Compazine to keep from pukin. This pedophile needs to be tortured mercylessly until he dies.
I'm a father of three, nobody can prevent accidents. But we should not have to worry about these monsters who prey on our kids.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Easy does it on Mike Corona. He is very much pro-CCW in Orange County. His predecessor anti-gun Brad Gates(no relation to Daryl Gate of LAPD) only issued CCWs to people who contributed to his election campaign. The law-enforcement community(Orange County Sheriff, Riverside County Sheriff, FBI) worked long and hard, and deserved a nice pat on the back. I forget how leads they had to chase down to get at this guy, but it numbered in the thousands according to news reports. These guys did the police work the old fashion way with a lot of shoe-leather.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
State..........Pop........Viol Cr..Rate....Murder..Rate
Texas.....19,760,000..111,566..564.6..1,346..6.8
Wisconsin..5,224,000...13,009..249.0.....190..3.6

1998 FBI Stats.

So which is the shall issue State and which is the no CCW State???????
View Quote

I'm sorry, but comparing Texas, the second most populous sate in the Union and Wisconsin, the 23rd most populous state, is a little dishonest.  Comparing Texas and California would be more honest, given total population sizes.

Furthermore, consider the facts that murder and violent crime are both down to pre-1980's and 1994 figures, respectively, even though there are roughly 4,000,000 more citizens than at those times and CHL has only been legal since 1995.  It's even more interesting that murders dropped from 2,022 in 1994 to 1,238 in 2000.  Even from 1994-1995 when CHL was enacted, the rates dropped from 2,022 to 1,693.

So while shall issue states may not be safer than all states, they certainly are safer than before shall issue.  That is a disctinction that cannot be denied.

Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, but comparing Texas, the second most populous sate in the Union and Wisconsin, the 23rd most populous state, is a little dishonest.  Comparing Texas and California would be more honest, given total population sizes.

Furthermore, consider the facts that murder and violent crime are both down to pre-1980's and 1994 figures, respectively, even though there are roughly 4,000,000 more citizens than at those times and CHL has only been legal since 1995.  It's even more interesting that murders dropped from 2,022 in 1994 to 1,238 in 2000.  Even from 1994-1995 when CHL was enacted, the rates dropped from 2,022 to 1,693.

So while shall issue states may not be safer than all states, they certainly are safer than before shall issue.  That is a disctinction that cannot be denied.

View Quote

Thanx for playing, CHL may or may not have effected crime rates. I think 3 other factors had more of an eefect.
1) More criminals in the cooler, and for longer stretches.
2) Demographically the population is getting older.
3) More people had jobs.

FYI WI has had signifigant crime rate drops too. The "chart" lists totals, and rates, I was more interested in rates than totals.

How about,

State..........Pop....Crime...Rate...Murder..Rate
S.Carolina...3,836,000..34,647..903.2..306...8.0
Vermont........591,000.....628..106.3...13...2.2
Mississippi...2,752,000..11,302..410.7..315..11.4

Illinois....12,045,000..97,291..807.7..1,008..8.4
Hawaii.......1,193,000...2,946..246.9.....24..2.0

I think HI and IL are no CHL. VT is no CHL required, and S. Carolina and Mississippi would be fairly low restriction States.

See a pattern?? I don't. I still think CHL's are good for INDIVIDUALS wishing to protect themselves. But have less of an effect on crime rates. If you scare a criminal away because you are armed, they will go find an easier victim.

Having an effective criminal justice system will have an effect on crime rates, but may not be effective at protecting an individual.

YOU NEED BOTH.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#42]
[b][red]Well, thank goodness the Law Enforcement community from California has prevented another killi.... oops, my bad; they didn't.[/red][/b]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:25:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanx for playing, CHL may or may not have effected crime rates. I think 3 other factors had more of an eefect.
1) More criminals in the cooler, and for longer stretches.
View Quote

Not in Texas.  Refer to our "revolving door" prison policy because we have drastic prison overcrowdings.

2) Demographically the population is getting older.
View Quote

The majority of male inmates, some 86.5%, in the Texas prison system are from ages 23-49, with a decent chunk, greater than 40% of them being repeat offenders.  Female inmates mimic the percentages very closely as well.

FYI WI has had signifigant crime rate drops too. The "chart" lists totals, and rates, I was more interested in rates than totals.
View Quote

Ok, from your own examples, how about:
State     Pop         Viol-Cr  Rate  Murder  Rate
Texas     19,760,000  111,566 564.6  1,346  6.8
Illinois  12,045,000  97,291  807.7  1,008  8.4

Yep, that works for me, consider IL's, and especially Chicago's tough stance on guns.

YOU NEED BOTH.
View Quote

I do not disagree.  Unfortunately we have only one in Texas at this time.  We just can't build prisons fast enough.

Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:01:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Give the Sheriff's Dept. a little credit.  You think these types of crimes don’t sicken these guys?  When they take a dirt bag off the street like this let them enjoy a little of the limelight.

Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
[b][red]Well, thank goodness the Law Enforcement community from California has prevented another killi.... oops, my bad; they didn't.[/red][/b]
View Quote

What an idiotic statement this is!!  They did stop another killing by catching this guy in just 4 days!  Do you really expect cops to be around everywhere at all times?  Or are you impling that Wa cops stop more crimes than those in Cal?

I don't know what the ratio of Cop to citizen in Orange County is but it's got to be very high, like 10,000 people to every cop. How can a cop possibly be heald responsible for watching every action on every person with that rate?

In short rarely can a cop stop a crime from occuring, they respond to crimes in progress.  However in this case the Leos/FBI all did a great job and did stop a future killing because this guy was a nut and he would easily have killed agaim......probably in a very short time.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What an idiotic statement this is!!  They did stop another killing by catching this guy in just 4 days!  Do you really expect cops to be around everywhere at all times?  Or are you impling that Wa cops stop more crimes than those in Cal?

View Quote

It was actually supposed to rip on CA firearms laws... and the fact that people don't need all these weapons because the police are there to protect them.

But, I see in my tired state that I made no correlation last nite. Simmer down
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Badseed, are you in Nick Cage's band?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OK To clear up a little more on Sheriff Carona and having good cause. You cannot apply for a CCW here in Orange County and say "I want one because I want one" or " I want one because I want to use it for self defense" You have to have a good reason like "I am a jeweler and I take thousands of dollars to the bank every day"
View Quote

Poor folk need not apply, huh?  Again, it's not the STATE that defines good cause, it's the SHERIFF.  Anyone who is of the mind that you have to have a reason other than "self defense" is NOT pro-CCW.

Also note that out of ALL THE COUNTIES here in California. Orange county has the most PRO CCW Sheriff in the state.
View Quote

I REALLY doubt that.  I've heard there are quite a few places--esepcially as you get closer to states such as nevada and arizona--that are essentially "shall issue."
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK To clear up a little more on Sheriff Carona and having good cause. You cannot apply for a CCW here in Orange County and say "I want one because I want one" or " I want one because I want to use it for self defense" You have to have a good reason like "I am a jeweler and I take thousands of dollars to the bank every day"
View Quote

Poor folk need not apply, huh?  Again, it's not the STATE that defines good cause, it's the SHERIFF.  Anyone who is of the mind that you have to have a reason other than "self defense" is NOT pro-CCW.

Also note that out of ALL THE COUNTIES here in California. Orange county has the most PRO CCW Sheriff in the state.
View Quote

I REALLY doubt that.  I've heard there are quite a few places--esepcially as you get closer to states such as nevada and arizona--that are essentially "shall issue."
View Quote

well I live in a county that borders both Nevada and Arizona and I wish that your statement was true.  Orange County does give you one of the better chances in the state of getting a CCW.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Einige Leute nehmen sich viel zu ernstlich hier...
View Quote

Einverstanden
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top