Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 4:32:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Preach on my brother. Tell it from the mountain tops. I feel the spirit my brother. Hallelujia! Hickamashunday! Shickamahaya! WOAH! AMEN!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm waiting for ETH to jump in and tell us all that we're mistaken about the NRA.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]

KGO's anchor/host Ted Wygant, clearly unprepared for such a startling announcement by the freshly elected NRA official, attempted to forge ahead with his scripted talking point: [red]"...the fire power of these weapons is far more than a hunter or a homeowner would need.[/red] Why is it necessary to have those guns available anyway?"
View Quote

Eummm since when did the 7.62x39mm OR 5.54x39mm round become more powerful than a .308?

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Heston looks alot like Bill Ruger, hmm...
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Heston said that?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Preach on my brother. Tell it from the mountain tops. I feel the spirit my brother. Hallelujia! Hickamashunday! Shickamahaya! WOAH! AMEN!!
View Quote

Eh, What the fuck. I'm bored and it's too damn hot to go G-hog hunting.
View Quote

I felt the spirit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I was watching "COPS" the other night and they pulled a mexican dude over for running a red light and he had a decked out SKS (folding stock, 30 round mag) in the back seat of the car
that was chambered so he could defend him self from gangbangers and the cops said that it wasn't stolen and couldn't be releated to any crimes so they confiscated "this dangerous weapon off the streets"
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Flit lock! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info.  I knew I hadn't renewed my membership this year for a reason!  Now I am going to email or call those suckers and tell them they won't get any more financial support from me until I hear them preaching about sunsetting the AWB.

Compromising bastards...
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I knew I hadn't renewed my membership this year for a reason!  Now I am going to email or call those suckers and tell them they won't get any more financial support from me until I hear them preaching about sunsetting the AWB.

Compromising bastards...
View Quote

Think of the NRA as being like the Jews that helped the Nazies in WW2 thinking it would save there necks.
But they got the gas too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I for one would like to see the transcript of that radio show where Heston allegedly made that comment.  As I understand it, he made that statement 25 years ago, not 5. I saw a TV interview where he acknowledged that statement was in error.  I agree that he should do his "from my cold dead hands" speech with a modern military rifle.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was watching "COPS" the other night and they pulled a mexican dude over for running a red light and he had a decked out SKS (folding stock, 30 round mag) in the back seat of the car
that was chambered so he could defend him self from gangbangers and the cops said that it wasn't stolen and couldn't be releated to any crimes so they confiscated "this dangerous weapon off the streets"
View Quote

Don't you just love how police on COPS always remark, "Well, that's another gun off the street." every time they confiscate someone's property.  The sociological impact is entirely different from saying, "Well, that's another gun we took from this felon." or "We just violated this guy's Constitutional rights."

It leads the sheeple to believe that guns "on the street" is inherently a bad thing.  My concealed carry Glock on my hip "on the streets" is a good thing should I witness a violent assault/rape/robbery; As are the other guns "on the streets" by other law-abiding gun owners.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#17]
between chuck and wayne...well, i'll leave it to your imaginations.

neal knox is more my style.

"I'm bored and it's too damn hot to go G-hog hunting."

i sat on the front porch sweating (broken foot. i can't walk the fields right now.) and drinking iced tea...waiting for mr. w. chuck to show his head. must have been too hot for him, too!

remember: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEEEEOOOOOPPPLLLEE!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

[red]"...the fire power of these weapons is far more than a hunter or a homeowner would need.[/red]
View Quote

Eummm since when did the 7.62x39mm OR 5.54x39mm round become more powerful than a .308?

View Quote

We will always have this problem.  The antis have no idea what the terms they use mean.  No concept of semi automatic vs. fully automatic, no idea that a semi-auto can't really be an "assault rifle", no distinction between "dum-dum" bullets and armor piercing rounds.  They don't know squat about guns, and that's why they're afraid.  But that lack of knowledge certainly doesn't stop from speaking profusely...

BTW, I'm a physicist, and it makes me twitch when lay people use the terms "force", "energy", and "momentum" interchangably.  But that's just me.  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I, too, am dismayed at times with the NRA over its lack of zeal in defending all aspects of gun ownership (read: "assault-weapons").

I've seen one of its lobbyists here in CT at a big gun bill hearing and he just plain sucked. He had to've been 25-35 years old in a real nice suit with not a hair out of place. Too bad our dues money didn't get spent on someone who had a coherent argument and believed in what he was saying from the depths of his soul.

All we got in CT that day was a sharp-dressed talking head that did it for the money.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess if some of you cheap ass NRA haters would spend a measly $ 35 and read the American rifle Magazine you would notice that it has done numorous articles on evil black rifles, AR's Fal's etc. This months edition has half the mag dedicated to articles on the history of the M14 - M1A. Do I agree with everything the NRA does ? NO , but they are the ONLY real defense we have.
The NRA put it's butt on the line and lost a lot of members when it fought against the assault weapon ban. Alot of older Hunter NRA type members like my grandfather didn't believe people should own evil assault rifles and quit.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#25]
We can have Ted Nugent handle all the other speaking engagements.
View Quote

The Nuge (otherwise known as "The Ozzie Osborne of gun owners") ain't exactly a sparkling orator, either. We need a third choice — Someone who, for example, doesn't piss off the entire city of San Antonio by calling them "a bunch of wetbacks".
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#27]
San Antonio "a bunch of wetbacks" my a$$!

Eberybody knows that would be El Paso.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm an NRA member, though I'm not enamored with the current administration nor with its tendency to "compromise" (i.e. - give up some more of our rights.)

I'm a member of the GOA, though I honestly do believe that there are no individual rights that are absolute - that there must be some restrictions that are allowable or the result would be anarchy.

My position is that until the Second Amendment is legally recognized as protecting an individual right to arms outside of militia service, that the right is one of the priveledges and immunities of citizens protected against infringement by the states under the 14th Amendment, then "this far and no further."  When these two conditions are met, the laws that truly infringe our right to arms will be either immediately overturned or overturned in court, and those that are sufficiently narrow in scope, sufficiently necessary, and applied only after due process of law will remain.

I also believe in the Easter Bunny.  (Not!)

I'm simply trying to retain my right to arms so that when the SHTF, I at least have the option to choose where and when I die, and who'll be going with me, worst case.  Best case, I'm trying to ensure we all keep as much of a right to arms as it takes to keep the power-hungry from taking everything.

Unfortunately, Heston makes a good figurehead.  Public speaking is important in the war of ideas.  He does it well.  Whoever replaces him must also.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for making that correction kpel308.  I guess teh NRA hasn't yet figured out that if you sacrifice one type of firearm, you sacrifice them all.  I hope the NRA decides soon where they intend to draw the line....
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Like, say...maybe...Tom Selleck?
View Quote

A radicalized Tom Selleck, perhaps — The current version seems to have the intelligence, polish and media appeal, but I'm not sure the passion is there...
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The Nuge (otherwise known as "The Ozzie Osborne of gun owners") ain't exactly a sparkling orator, either.
View Quote

Then either:
A. You've never heard him debate a liberal.
or
B. You don't hold the same views of the 2nd that I do.

Ted is a very eloquent speaker.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I doubt that Ted could even tell you what "eloquent" means. Granted, he's enthusiastic, but as a national spokesman for gun owners, he's a disaster waiting to happen — A gun banner's dream.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait, AKs are used by guerillas and fire when they are dirty.  Damn dirty apes indeed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#34]
NRA MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS -- READ THIS!!!

dont like what the NRA is doing? GOOD

write letters and emails and TELL THEM that they are F**King UP, DEMAND THAT HESTON RESIGNS.

BECOME Members and STAY members, the NRA wont listen to your complaints as a non-member, why should they care what a non-member says???

inform them that you will NOT give donations until your demands are met.

why cant there be a more RADICAL faction of NRA members that protest and write petitions to make changes inside the NRA ?

remember guys the game for our gun rights is not checkers its Political CHESS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wait, AKs are used by guerillas and fire when they are dirty.  Damn dirty apes indeed.
View Quote

That's pretty damn funny!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top