Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2001 4:59:24 PM EDT
I'm walking the Orlando gun show last weekend, having a good time, carrying a Glock 27 to sell, when a guy walks up, expresses interest in it and asks me if he can buy it, since he's from New York. Of course this is a standard ATF  RED FLAG technique, so I politely informed him this would be illegal and walked on. I managed to sell my Glock to a good Fla. boy with a CCW permit, and spotted a Keltec 32 on a dealers table. It was one of the new ones with a OD green frame, and I would have bought it from him but he started badmouthing people who sell privately at gun shows, so I disappeared, since he was describing me in his diatribe. A half hour later I spot this beautiful SKS Paratrooper model, but it's being carried by a brother with dreadlocks covered by one of those big assed green and yellow caps. Was he Jamaica's biggest dealer or another ATF dork? I left him in peace.
I miss the days when gun shows were primarily a place where enthusiasts just traded their guns around.
Know what I mean?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad you are so Mc paranoid.....[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
?what stopped you from buying the paratrooper?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, what stopped you? Is it illegal to by a rifle from an individual?
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The SKS had a bayonet installed and one of those fixed 20rd mags. I didn't know if it was legal or not. I would have been willing to reconfigure it, but the guy looked suspicious. I can't keep up with these goofy evil gun laws, so I don't buy if I'm not sure.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you..
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mole Eye:
I miss the days when gun shows were primarily a place where enthusiasts just traded their guns around.
Know what I mean?
View Quote

You moron, gun shows are where evil serial killers get guns with no strings attached and buy many many guns with "high capacity clips" and buy fully automatic bolt action rifles and deal armor peircing bullets that can kill that children and blah blah baolsdhoadfo;haeofha.....

Of course I miss those days, though.  I get depressed just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Those fully automatic bolt action rifles are dangerous, someday I am going to get one of those with one of those 4x Tasco "sniper" scopes and a flash eraser and go buck wild.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Also found there are the firearms that [B]KEEP FIRING A BULLET EVERY TIME YOU PULL THE TRIGGER[/B].

A few years ago, CBS News correspondent Dan Raviv was reporting on the ease of CCW in Florida, from Miami, and he said the most popular handgun was the "38mm revolver".

You guys really pack!!!

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey brother.............I am with you on this one.

People at gunshows freak me out too.

If a dude at a table or one walking around even looks at my strange I tend to cut any conversation off and head the other direction.

When I approach someone's table the first thing I am checking out is the people at the table...not what they have on the table.

Some strange folks out there and I ain't real fond of doing business w/ a bunch of freakin' weirdos.

Good luck and its good to see another paranoid freak like myself.

Man......these folks always been out to get me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top