Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 7:09:54 AM EDT
woohoo!

waiting untill halfway up the final climb, lance and the posties blow the field away!

jalabert's all day solo breakaway reeled in as AMERICA shreds the field!

the man with no balls proves, once again, he has a titanium pair!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.letour.fr/2002/photos/11/ph4.jpg[/img]

lance now wears the yellow jersey with a 1'12" lead over beloki!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Does that give him a shot after his fall?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.letour.fr/2002/photos/11/ph5.jpg[/img]

a shot? well, the fall only cost lance time...27 seconds, to be exact. he wasn't hurt in the stackup.

lance has such a powerful team helping him and such amazing abilities that he can put 3-10 minutes a climb on all but the the best climbers.

as the tour continues thru the high mountain passes, i look for lance and the usps boys to defend his lead and extend it wherever possible.

there were two high speed crashes today on the descents. one shredded grady's jersey and bloodied his back and arm. the race doctor came alongside and administered medical treatment at 25+mph!!!

the other crash forced an abandenment for that rider.

flying off the side of the aubisque mountain at 50mph has got to hurt!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
btt...just because lance deserves it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
What a stud. The guy just waits till the Mountain stages to make his move.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

the man with no balls proves, once again, he has a titanium pair!
View Quote

Easy there CB.
I was under the impression he still has one left
Just shooting blanks.

Check out the other LA in yellow thread:
I've got an offer into you about some next year's Pre-Bulletfest activities.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
"I was under the impression he still has one left Just shooting blanks."

nope...they be gone (according to an interview in "velonews") and are replaced with prosthetic cajones.

prior to removal, lance had his sperm frozen...thus, the family that followed his amazing cancer recovery.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I would have liked to see Jalabert win the stage today since he took such a big chance. I've always been a fan of his. It was good to see Lance get the yellow today. Hopefully he won't lose it for the rest of the Tour.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Kick ass!

I haven't been watching it much this year. Kinda seems like about 90% of the tour is boring to watch. I remember last time, I loved the clip of Lance riding away from Ulrich on the toughest mountains, and looking back as if to say "Betcha can't catch me!"
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't really have anyone who I can call a "hero", but I gotta say that Armstrong is a hero of mine. My mother died of cancer and he not only beat it, but he came back and won the Tour, what, three times in a row?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#11]
bung...i always like "jaja", also! i have an old tour video that shows him on the longest solo breakaway in the tour's history. there he was riding along...pounding a huge gear across the flats...no handed, sitting up...and SINGING ROCK SONGS TO HIMSELF!!!!! what a dude!

john...same story here. my mom had cancer twice. 1955, first time...survived that one. died in 1994 from another bout with cancer.

lance is one hellova man and a fine american! and right now he's putting it to the very best road racers the world can put on a the starting line!

mace, that "look" shattered ulrich's already spas'd legs! SUCK MY WHEEL, JAN! heheh!

ah...tune in tomorrow for "as the wheel turns"!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"I was under the impression he still has one left Just shooting blanks."

nope...they be gone (according to an interview in "velonews") and are replaced with prosthetic cajones.

prior to removal, lance had his sperm frozen...thus, the family that followed his amazing cancer recovery.

View Quote

I wonder if he takes testosterone replacement therapy?

If so, does he get an exemption re drug testing for steroids?  I wonder how all of that works.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#13]
The scary thing is that he didn't even really attack. The posties were just setting a really hard pace up the last climb--first Hincapie led for about 5 km, then Ruberia, then Heras. Lance was just sitting on their wheels as everyone else dropped off until the final 200 m, when he accelerated away and took 7 sec out of Beloki.

Beloki is probably the only guy left with a chance.

The posties put in a very impressive ride. ONCE had a reputation as climbers, but Postal schooled 'em today. Lance's teammates will be very highly compensated at the end of the race.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
bung...i always like "jaja", also! i have an old tour video that shows him on the longest solo breakaway in the tour's history. there he was riding along...pounding a huge gear across the flats...no handed, sitting up...and SINGING ROCK SONGS TO HIMSELF!!!!! what a dude!

john...same story here. my mom had cancer twice. 1955, first time...survived that one. died in 1994 from another bout with cancer.

lance is one hellova man and a fine american! and right now he's putting it to the very best road racers the world can put on a the starting line!

mace, that "look" shattered ulrich's already spas'd legs! SUCK MY WHEEL, JAN! heheh!

ah...tune in tomorrow for "as the wheel turns"!
View Quote

Same here, my mom turned 31 Dec of 1961 and Died Jan. 8th of '62. 31 is damned young to die, I was 13 at the time. Go ARMSTRONG!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#15]
uh........chalk up stage 12 babeeeeee!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Lance's book talks about the removable of the cancerous testicle, followed by a visit to a sperm bank in San Antonio before his chemo treatments.
From the book at least, it sounds like he still has one real one.

I'll do a search for the velonews article.

You can tell that Lance wants desperately to have his teammates win some stages, but orders are orders.

Lance and the management owe a few stages to the other guys, so I'm hoping that once LA has more time on Beloki, Heras and the other team climbers get a shot.  

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Ahhhh What an honor it is to be from the same Clan as that man Armstrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top