Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/16/2002 4:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2002 4:37:40 PM EDT by magnum_99]
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020716/ap_on_re_us/attacks_redevelopment_7[/url] Can't believe no one proposed putting up one big building, with a base as large of the two towers, and making it 2 feet taller than the tallest tower (to represent unity and remembrance of the two fallen towers). That seems much more fitting and "in your face" to the terrorists than a hotel and some office space.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:48:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2002 5:02:09 PM EDT by Dominus]
These designs are lame. Making the WTC site into a ho-hum office complex is akin to saying "I won't aspire to anything anymore. Please don't hurt me". Why not just build a giant rock to hide under. Rebuild to at least what was there before. Or better yet: the same basic design, with structural improvements, and added height.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:27:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2002 5:30:05 PM EDT by Lckydevl]
I am probably gonna get my ass flamed for this but what the hell!. You only live once. I appreciate the symbolism involved in building another structure but would anybody in there right mind insure another building? I mean in reality wouldn't this become the #1 target again when it is finished? Edited to add: By the way, if they do decide on another building. It should be the tallest in the world. Who has the tallest building in the world now?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:29:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2002 5:30:20 PM EDT by magnum_99]
Originally Posted By Dominus: These designs are lame. Making the WTC site into a ho-hum office complex is akin to saying "I won't aspire to anything anymore. Please don't hurt me". Why not just build a giant rock to hide under. Rebuild to at least what was there before. Or better yet: the same basic design, with structural improvements, and added height.
View Quote
Exactly..."please Mr. Terrorist man, don't hurt me. I promise I won't dare build any symbol of capitalism and freedom to annoy your radical Islamic senses!" simper, whine, pee my pants. What a bunch of pussies. Or, more likely, someone just looking to make a quick buck at the expense of making a statement. Easier just to put a mega-mall/office space/hotel complex and start taking in the rents than to put up a grand scheme building that says, "screw you Joey Jihad!"
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:30:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:47:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2002 5:47:48 PM EDT by ChrisLe]
Who has the tallest building in the world now?
View Quote
The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur at 1,483 ft.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:52:43 PM EDT
Make them taller. Mount SAMs, as well as CWIS (Close-in-weapon-systems) on all sides. Load those puppies up with depleted uranium bullets... mugzilla
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:08:01 PM EDT
I know this is old, and I'm paraphrasing from an email, but here goes: "I think we should build the two towers back, with an even taller one between them, so that it looks like a giant middle finger pointed straight back at the fvckers who did this." FOTBR
Top Top