Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 12:20:21 PM EDT
My upstairs central A/C went tits up on me the other day, and I posted a [url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=132650]thread[/url] asking for some help from those knowledgeable in that arcane, mystical art.

Sure as God made little green apples, The AR15.Com Heating and Air Conditioning Army vectored me in on the solution, and mi casa is once again muy frio, and for about what it would have cost me to have a service truck drive up to my house, before the tech even got out of the truck.

[b]Edited to add specifically: All my thanks, felicitations and ice cold Jack and Cokes to the AR15.Com Heating and Air Conditioning Army. Couldn't have, wouldn't have, done it without your help. I'd be writing a check to Bubba's A/C Repair sometime tomorrow equal to the GDP of Uruguay if it wasn't for you guys.

May your trousers never split, may your avocados never be overripe and may you never burn the roof of your mouth on a bite of hot pizza cheese.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I was considering sending back the home lobotomy kit but now I am certain these guys could talk me through that, too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummmm,.... Does this mean that the kidney is no longer for sale?

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Now you can go buy another gun with the money you didn't
have to spend, Right ?
View Quote

No, that means that my wife and I get to eat food for the second half of July instead of going on the "dead bugs from behind the refrigerator" diet.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ummmm,.... Does this mean that the kidney is no longer for sale?
View Quote

Yes, the kidney is off the market.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No, that means that my wife and I get to eat food for the second half of July instead of going on the "dead bugs from behind the refrigerator" diet.
View Quote

And I thought I had it rough on peanut butter and crackers. [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jarhead_22, after looking at a thread last week where a guy posted a pic of a goldenrod spider (which I had never seen before, even though I am somewhat into "bugs.") and had it identified within about five minutes, I commented to my wife, "you know, [i]collectively[/i], we know [b][u]everything[/b][/u]!!  
View Quote
I freakin' LOVE the internet - the font of all knowledge!  If you don't know it, your questions can be answered here!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#9]
No joke, thebeekeeper1. I said something just like that to my wife last night.

Need to know the bone density of the perigrine falcon? The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? The atomic number of lithium? The coefficient of friction of buffalo snot?

Somebody here can hook you up.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah for us!!!

Gun people are the BEST people.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?  
View Quote

African or European?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Need to know the bone density of the perigrine falcon? The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? The atomic number of lithium? The coefficient of friction of buffalo snot?

View Quote
Is that an English Swallow or an African Swallow?

On edit:  Damn!  Gun-Fan beat me!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]
By Jarhead_22:

View Quote

Would that buffalo snot be wet or dry?  The K-factor would depend on moisture content.

Seriously, glad to see that you got the thing running with the new cap, and everything is "cool", so to speak.

Semper Fi!

Noah
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

At what temperature and moisture content do you want the coefficient of friction of buffalo snot?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I've always told my friends that they could forget going to Consumer Reports for info on items they wish to purchase.

Just post what you want to buy on this site and ask for input.

Thirty minutes and 40 replies later, there will be a consensus on just what the best buy on that item is in the real world!

Can't beat that!

BTW, [b]Jarhead_22[/b], congrats on the air conditioning fix!

Eric The(Happy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm stoked, and I can't wait to see my wife's face when she gets home and experiences the coolth, the utter unstankyhotness, of the upstairs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
What the hell is wrong with peanut butter and crackers?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the hell is wrong with peanut butter and crackers?
View Quote

Not a thing! (providing, of course, that you include a SARDINE in there!)
View Quote
[puke]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm stoked, and I can't wait to see my wife's face when she gets home and experiences the coolth, the utter unstankyhotness, of the upstairs.
View Quote

Furthermore...since you did such a fantastic job, you may just get lucky soon!  [;D]  (I KNOW what you were thinking early this morning..."I better damn well fix this A/C unit today...or I a dead man!" [BD])

(When Momma's unhappy...ain't NOBODY happy!  [pissed])

Good job man...and BZ to all you guys who took the time to help out.

ETH is right...dis be da place!

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Let's hope I'm that lucky Thursday. 1:30 interview.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad it all worked out. Had I know you were that close, I could have driven out to give you a hand. Glad you didn't need it though. :)
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Would you like to come over and rub my new capacitor for luck, DonR?

All the best.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Another true benefit of this place.  If anyone ever thought a membership wasn't worth it, here is testimony that it is!  

To all who helped him, that is awesome!

Now, who wants to help me do some surgery on my dog?  
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Nope, but if you still hadn't figured out what panel to remove I could have helped.
As for surgery, I can't stand the sight of blood. Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Jarhead_22, after looking at a thread last week where a guy posted a pic of a goldenrod spider (which I had never seen before, even though I am somewhat into "bugs.") and had it identified within about five minutes, I commented to my wife, "you know, [i]collectively[/i], we know [b][u]everything[/b][/u]!!  This Board is becoming more cohesive, and thus more significant in the Member's lives, every day.  
View Quote

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jarhead_22, after looking at a thread last week where a guy posted a pic of a goldenrod spider (which I had never seen before, even though I am somewhat into "bugs.") and had it identified within about five minutes, I commented to my wife, "you know, [i]collectively[/i], we know [b][u]everything[/b][/u]!!  This Board is becoming more cohesive, and thus more significant in the Member's lives, every day.  The Avila's should be very, very pleased and proud at what their creation has grown to.  Hurrah for our side!
View Quote

I'd like to thank everyone again also. I'm ok eating regular garden insects and spiders until payday but running into something like that makes you think about selling the kids. It was a relief to know we'd make it on that spider.[:X*]

Seriously, it's really cool when you  know there are people in this world smarter than you are, and most of them are here!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top