Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 9:47:42 AM EDT
Ok so the title of the post seems a little mean spirited at first. But read the story, then you will get it.

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20020716/od_nm/dog_dc_1[/url]
Yahoo - News
Cop Breathes Life Into Stricken Dog
Tue Jul 16, 9:53 AM ET

WEST BRIDGEWATER, Mass. (Reuters) - A police officer brought a stricken dog back to life by performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on her furry muzzle after she was hit by a car, the officer said on Monday.

Patrolman Thomas Richmond said Cinnamon the pit bull terrier was technically dead and her owner was "hysterical" when he arrived at the scene of the accident last Wednesday.

"She had been hit in the chest area. All four of her legs went out and her heart was not beating. She was dead," the officer told Reuters.

Richmond, who owns a dog himself, immediately started to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on the lifeless pooch, alternately pressing on her chest and breathing into her muzzle.

"It took me seven or eight tries but to my amazement, she opened her eyes and started breathing," he said, adding that he then transported Cinnamon to a local animal hospital.

"She's fine. She has some nerve damage but no broken bones. It's a miracle," he said.

View Quote

---edit---
fixed url
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
That warmed my heart.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#2]
An awesome story to follow up the "JACKASS" joke that I read earlier.  I'm glad the pitbull didn't bite him, especially since it was pretty banged up.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, thats such a sweet story. I love stories with happy endings[:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Then the FBI shot the pitbull in the face after mistaking it for a timber wolf.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
An awesome story to follow up the "JACKASS" joke that I read earlier.  I'm glad the pitbull didn't bite him, especially since it was pretty banged up.
View Quote

it was probably to weak to to much of anything when it started to breath again.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Was this cop a Canadian by any chance? He wasn't? American, you say, eh?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then the FBI shot the pitbull in the face after mistaking it for a timber wolf.
View Quote

That was followed by the ATF showing up and burning down the animal shelter. It seems the poodles were smuggling guns to todlers at the daycare across the street. [:D]
View Quote
Then both agencies asked for understanding regarding the "mistaken identity", said it was unavoidable, and said they could not be held responsible for their actions in the line of duty.
View Quote

While petitioning congress for more money for better weapons and training
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top