BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2002 7:37:15 AM EDT
From the following story:

[size=4]Christians also victims of Islamic terror[/size=4]
[b]Couple tell wrenching story of 11-year-old daughter killed on bus[/b]

Posted: July 16, 2002  1:00 a.m. Eastern

By William J. Murray © 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

JERUSALEM – As a Christian couple here can painfully testify – it is not only Jews who are being attacked and killed by Islamic terrorists in the Middle East.

Berhanu Bogale and his wife, Kidist, lost their daughter Galila to a Palestinian-Muslim suicide bomber on June 18. The attack was on a city bus, just two stops from her home. The bus was full of mostly school-age children from the Jerusalem neighborhood of Gilo. By today's standards, a Muslim suicide bomber killing 19 people, including many children, is not a big news story. To many of today's news networks, there is a lack of interest because, after all, those who die are "just Jews."

But most often those killed in these bombings are not "just Jews." Many of the civilians, including women and children, who die in the attacks are immigrant workers, Israeli Arabs and Christians. This bombing was no exception.

The Bogales are not Israeli Jews; they are Christians and members of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church in Bethlehem. The morning of the bombing, Berhanu offered to drive his daughter Galila to school because he himself had to go to town. She refused, saying she wanted to ride on the bus with her friends, almost all of whom were Jewish. The 11-year-old left her parents' third-floor apartment in Gilo at about 7 a.m. with a backpack loaded with schoolbooks. Less than a half-hour later, she was dead.

Muhamed al-Ral, an Islamic law student at An-Najah University in the West Bank, made his way that morning from Nablus and somehow got into Israel with his bomb belt. He boarded the front of the bus at 7:50 at Patt Junction in Beit Safafa, an Israeli Arab neighborhood just opposite Gilo. He immediately exploded himself, killing 19, including Galila, and injuring 74 others.

[b]Berhanu said Galila was a smart girl. They worried about her riding the bus, but she told them not to worry because she knew a safe place to sit. [u]She told her mom and dad that the bombers always went for the middle of the bus and that is why she sat in the front[/u].[/b]

As Berhanu told the story, Kidist began to sob. Near the door a candle burned beneath a photo of Galila taken just a week before she was murdered. The photo, poster sized, showed her leaving the apartment with her backpack on.

Berhanu and Kidist heard the explosion because it was so close to their apartment. When they arrived at the Jerusalem coroner's office, he refused to show them Galila's body. She had been near the center of the explosion and he wanted to spare them the sight, instead assuring them that she was killed so quickly that she never felt any pain.

- continued -
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Galila had no animosity toward anyone. She was accepted by her Jewish friends even though she wore a small gold cross to her public school. She had seen the poverty of the Muslim Palestinians grow during the intifada and because of her Christian faith believed they should be helped. She asked her father and mother from time to time to give her old clothing to the Palestinians rather than to put the clothes in the trash.

Galila's story was not carried by ABC, CBS or NBC. For most of the media, this is a war between Jews and Palestinians. When Christians are killed in the bombings, their stories drop off the edge of the earth.

There are other Galilas, other young girls who may one day follow her fate. Their names may not be Galila, and they may not be Christians living in Israel. Perhaps the next girl with a story like hers lives in Los Angeles, Chicago or Miami.

[img]http://209.213.211.139/images2/Galila.JPG[/img]

See article at:[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28292[/url]

Eric The(GodBeWithHerAndHerParents)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#2]
That is absolutely heartbreaking.  I would crumble if that happened to my daughter.  Heaven forbid we see that type of terrorism on our own shores, yet we still hold Israel back from wiping these sorry murderous sons of bitches off the planet.  Before someone takes that the wrong way, I'm referring to anyone who'd strap a bomb to their chest/belt and kill others.  I don't believe it's all Palestinians, but it's obviously too many of them.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Fucking barbarians! VX nerve gas is too good for the lot of them!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#4]
And today the innocent palistinans command detonated an few explosives on an Israeli bus carrying civilians including children...killing 8 wounding many more..and as the survivors tried to escape the burning bus..gunned down those who survived the blasts...
And best of all today Colin Powel urged that US taxpayers shell out three years worth of aid to these bastards (so Arafat can steal it and send it to Switzerland no doubt)
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/717107/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is the date of this bus bombing and the names of the victims, from the Israeli government website:

[b]June 18, 2002 - 19 people were killed and 74 were injured - six seriously - in a suicide bombing at the Patt junction in Egged bus no. 32A traveling from Gilo to the center of Jerusalem[/b]. The bus, which was completely destroyed, was carrying many students on their way to school. Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.

The names of 18 of the victims have been released: Boaz Aluf, 54, of Jerusalem; Shani Avi-Zedek, 15, of Jerusalem; Leah Baruch, 59, of Jerusalem; Mendel Bereson, 72, of Jerusalem; Rafael Berger, 28, of Jerusalem; Michal Biazi, 24, of Jerusalem; Tatiana Braslavsky, 41, of Jerusalem; [b]Galila Bugala, 11, of Jerusalem[/b]; Raisa Dikstein, 67, of Jerusalem; Dr. Moshe Gottlieb, 70, of Jerusalem; Baruch Gruani, 60, of Jerusalem; Orit Hayla, 21, of Jerusalem; Helena Ivan, 63, of Jerusalem; Iman Kabha, 26, of Barta; Shiri Negari, 21, of Jerusalem; Gila Nakav, 55, of Jerusalem; Yelena Plagov, 42, of Jerusalem; Liat Yagen, 24 of Jerusalem; Rahamim Zidkiyahu, 51, of Jerusalem.

These lists look so different when you know the names of the victims and can put a face together with the name, don't they?

[img]http://209.213.211.139/images2/Galila.JPG[/img]

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
That is sickening.

If any of you ever become supreme dictator of America, please appoint me as judge/executioner.
As someone who believes in no afterlife, I would have no moral or ethical problems putting a gun to the heads of terrorists, child molestors, etc. and ending their pathetic lives.

Balming
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, the Christians are pretty much an ignored group in the fray.  

I had a close friend in high school from Lebanon.  He was Christian and told me stories of fighting against Muslims in battles when he was 12 and 13!  He killed several people in battle!  His father, an airline exec., moved them out of there after a couple of years of that silliness.  

Seems that the Chrisitans over there have the least say in the conflict and are just as subject to the terrorist crap as anyone else.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Let them come to America and kill our sons and daughters again. I don't think there are enough domestic armed forces to stop the wrath that will be incurred upon the entirety of the American-Arab community. I would sincerely hate to be an Arab man if al-quaeda or any other muslim group perpetrates another attack en masse.

Even the most civilized and tolerant liberal will quickly fall into step with the ethnic cleansers if this shit starts happening in the USA.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://members.verizon.net/~vze2ncbk/ar15/vangry.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's the original thread concerning this bus bombing by Hamas:[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=125350[/url]

Is this the hand of an 11 year old child?
:[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020618/i/1024400195.2348900376.jpg[/img]

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020618/i/1024397815.3356303459.jpg[/img]

If I were Israeli, the Hezbollah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad would [u]never[/u] be able to sleep easily at night.

Any night. Ever!

Eric The(SaddenedAndEnraged)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top