Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2002 6:38:08 PM EDT
In a plan to be unveiled tomorrow Bush will ask for MORE executive powers in the name of fighting terrorism.  Federalising the National Guard is one of many requests.  If Clinton was getting all these end arounds wouldn't we all be a little suspect?  What will all these so called necessary security fixes do to our personal liberties 10 or 20 years down the road?  Is it just me here?

Rob
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
[tin-foil-hat]

ohhhh,  the Star Wars story plot is coming to life!!! omg!  where can I buy a couple pre-ban light sabers????

[/tin-foil-hat]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]
There is good reason to suspect that our own government may be more of a threat than our moslem enemies.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
What the hell does HE NEED more power for. Jeese, he has the US MILITARY behind him ! What more could he need ?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
You get the government you deserve.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea maybe I'm out of line and over reacting

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&u=/nm/20020716/ts_nm/bush_homeland_dc_10

FAQ you freak.  [:(!]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#7]
"Ermaechtigungs-Gesetz", anyone?

Edited to add:

"Empowerment Act": this law went into effect shortly after the (staged) Reichstag fire in 1933; made Hitler "Fuehrer, Reichskanzler, and unquestioned final authority on Life, Universe and Everything".

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#8]
BTW, folks, the President can 'federalize' the National Guard just about pretty much any time he wants!

Ask Governor George Wallace!

Eric The(OrAreY'allTooYoungToRemember?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Coming soon to a neighborhood near you:

[img]home.wi.rr.com/antigov/hitleryouth.jpg[/img](except it probably won't be all little white kids, since that wouldn't go with the NWO's plans)

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In a plan to be unveiled tomorrow Bush will ask for MORE executive powers in the name of fighting terrorism.  
View Quote

[i][b]What[/b][/i]?@?!?$# terrorism????

We had 9/11.  What's happened since then?  One nutjob with a kludged-up shoe bomb in another country.  Some nutjob at LAX.

Where's the [s]beef[/s] terrorism??
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:[i][b]What[/b][/i]?@?!?$# terrorism????

We had 9/11.  What's happened since then?  One nutjob with a kludged-up shoe bomb in another country.  Some nutjob at LAX.

View Quote

[img]http://www.reformation.org/images/reichstag_fire.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In a plan to be unveiled tomorrow Bush will ask for MORE executive powers in the name of fighting terrorism.  
View Quote

View Quote

Problem-Reaction-Solution

Create a "problem" where there is none
Propagandize examples of the "problem"
Give the solution to the "problem"
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Woo hoo!

[url]www.nytimes.com/2002/07/16/politics/16HOME.html?ex=1027483200&en=f29b9cfa49024549&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1[/url]

National ID cards:

"Establish national standards for state driver's licenses."

Repeal of Posse Comitatus:

"the Bush plan says that "the threat of catastrophic terrorism requires a thorough review of the laws permitting the military to act within the United States in order to determine whether domestic preparedness and response efforts would benefit from greater involvement of military personnel, and if so how.""

Achtung!

[b]"We're at war,"[/b] Mr. Ridge said.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Woo hoo!

"the Bush plan says that "the threat of catastrophic terrorism requires a thorough review of the laws permitting the military to act within the United States in order to determine whether domestic preparedness and response efforts would benefit from greater involvement of military personnel, and if so how.""

Achtung!

View Quote

We've gone overseas for most of our wars.

This is what happens when war comes to us.

Get over it.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

What a maroon.

There were EIGHT years between the first and second attack on WTC.
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you really THAT stupid?????????

Tell you what. [s]IF[/s] WHEN the terrorists here use a half-dozen gasoline trucks in a coordinated attack, stinger missles or dirty nukes and hit the Alaska pipeline, Hoover Dam, Air Force One or poison the Mississippi River with a pound of plutonium, are you going to stand there and say "There, they're done now."?

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#17]
woohoo.mudslinging....reaganite...are you really that obtuse? daily COLORED warnings, promises of kill the terrorists and then pipeline building in afghanistan, stories of ooops we didn't know you could fly a plane into a building, unconstitutional arrests, government ID's, airport "security", a nutjob with a shoe full of explosives that he couldn't have set off, and the largest most expensive "intelligence4" agencies in the world have freely admitted that they can't stop terrorists? Do you really think that life is what you see on the evening news and do you believe Ari Fleisher?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What a maroon.
View Quote

How exactly am I a [i]maroon[/i]?  

Main Entry: 1ma·roon
Pronunciation: m&-'rün
Function: noun
1 capitalized : a fugitive black slave of the West Indies and Guiana in the 17th and 18th centuries; also : a descendant of such a slave
2 : a person who is marooned
View Quote

You sir, are the [b]MORON[/b]

Quoted:

View Quote

And there is indications that the Feds helped with that first attack.  Can you say "Reistag"?

Quoted:
Tell you what. [s]IF[/s] WHEN the terrorists here use a half-dozen gasoline trucks in a coordinated attack, stinger missles or dirty nukes and hit the Alaska pipeline, Hoover Dam, Air Force One or poison the Mississippi River with a pound of plutonium, are you going to stand there and say "There, they're done now."?
View Quote

Tell ya what Ace, after spending billions and billions of dollars on feel good security and turning the USA into a Police State, I will stand there and say "See, what a boondoggle".

This isn't the way to fight the "war on terrorism".
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What a maroon.

Quoted:
View Quote

Are you really THAT stupid?????????

View Quote

we should put everyon into "saftey camps" until we neutralize the terror threat

nevermind closing the borders

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is with these out-of-body / third person perspectives you are posting at an increasing rate. Aren't you an American living in Cal? Isn't this your government, also?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What is with these out-of-body / third person perspectives you are posting at an increasing rate. Aren't you an American living in Cal? Isn't this your government, also?
View Quote
That's just another one of his tired gimmicks to make you think he's clever.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Good Gosh, what does he want now, X-ray vision, cold breath and the Bat Mobile?

Oh, not THOSE kinds of powers...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#24]
USNJoe beat me to it...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BTW, folks, the President can 'federalize' the National Guard just about pretty much any time he wants!

Ask Governor George Wallace!

Eric The(OrAreY'allTooYoungToRemember?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Don't forget to tell the kiddies about MAY,4 1970 massacre.

I think I remember something about that over in thE republic of OHIO.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good Gosh, what does he want now, X-ray vision, cold breath and the Bat Mobile?

Oh, not THOSE kinds of powers...
View Quote

Ahahahahahahahahahaahah

Jihaddddddddddddd
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Better get some of that terrorist insurance.

DUBHAY you stupid sombitch.

Or was that cheney talking.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:18:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Ask Governor George Wallace?

More like, ask Senator Huey Long...
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Woo hoo!

Achtung!

View Quote

Get over it.

View Quote

What war? We've had one small hit. 2900 casualties out of a nation of 300 or so million. Open your eyes blindman...
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:10:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get over it.
View Quote

[red]What war?[/red] We've had one small hit. 2900 casualties out of a nation of 300 or so million. Open your eyes blindman...
View Quote
Spoken like a true Liberal.

Death by a thousand lashes. Sound familiar?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top