Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2002 12:01:48 AM EDT
Today's Tennessean newsrag had another column by Dwight Lewis bemoaning all the black-on-black homicides. He rattled off several stats on murders here in Nashville so far this year. He also includes some whining from a former classmate of his who's son got shot & killed. Her solution to her grief? She helped form "Mothers against guns" or some such BS.

I e-mailed Lewis & asked him when liberals would start holding thugs responsible for their own behavour. I'm not holding my breath waiting on a response. It's on their web site if anyone wants to read it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Which website is this?  Link?
View Quote

I don't know!!!! I think it's www.tennessean.com, but I'm not sure & I don't have a paper in front of me!!  I'll try to get one up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it is www.tennessean.com & the writer is Dwight Lewis. Someone can light up that url if they don't mind.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.tennessean.com [/url]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which website is this?  Link?
View Quote

its not like Liberal B.S. is hard to find![BD]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe if some of these "parent(s)" had given a rat's a$$ about their children while they were growing up and taken responsibility for them, they would not end up being killers or dead. Therein lies the root of the problem IMHO.
View Quote

Shame on you for invecting logic & common sense into what's clearly only an emotional issue!!!
(sarcasm)
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
My grandparents were poor (they grew up during the Depression), but they weren't dirty, they didn't collect welfare, they didn't blow off school (and use some bullshit excuse like, "Our school don't get no money"), they didn't blame an ethnic group for "holding them down," and their parents worked (sometimes 3 and 4 jobs).  The difference?  My grandparents are white.  Blacks have taken longer to rise in socio-economic status not because of racism, but because they didn't work hard enough.  Look at all the other people who've come to this nation and thrived after experiencing prejudice.  It's good to see that blacks are finally starting to ascend to the middle class (based on 2000 census data, more blacks than ever are college-educated and earn middle incomes).

The financial conditions that tens of thousands of whites had to endure in the 30s were no different than the ghettos of today.  The difference is obvious.  (some) Blacks just don't give a shit about themselves, or their surroundings.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My grandparents were poor (they grew up during the Depression), but they weren't dirty, they didn't collect welfare, they didn't blow off school (and use some bullshit excuse like, "Our school don't get no money"), they didn't blame an ethnic group for "holding them down," and their parents worked (sometimes 3 and 4 jobs).  The difference?  My grandparents are white.  Blacks have taken longer to rise in socio-economic status not because of racism, but because they didn't work hard enough.  Look at all the other people who've come to this nation and thrived after experiencing prejudice.  It's good to see that blacks are finally starting to ascend to the middle class (based on 2000 census data, more blacks than ever are college-educated and earn middle incomes).

The financial conditions that tens of thousands of whites had to endure in the 30s were no different than the ghettos of today.  The difference is obvious.  (some) Blacks just don't give a shit about themselves, or their surroundings.
View Quote

AMEN [^]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top