Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2002 11:32:44 AM EDT
I traded two handguns that I didn't use for this SAR1 yesterday.

Stock was too short so the guy threw in the Choate furniture which I installed last night.

I'm gloating like a new Dad!

Damn, it's too muddy for the ranges here...rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock yesterday!!! NEXT Week I'm shooting....

[img]ak.ar15.com/members/albums/COZ%5Fcal%5F45acp%2FSAR1%2Drc2%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
That's sweet.  I like the stock.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]
VA-gunnut,

He actually gave me more for my two pistols, a Ruger P90 and a Keltec P-32 than the price of the AK. I added 500 rounds (WOLF FMJ), a carrying case, the Choate Stock and a 10 round mag to the deal.

I never used my Kp90 any longer, and I have a carry Springfield 1911 V-10, and the P-32 is/was a just a mouse gun that my bride couldn't shoot so I didn't want the little mother any more. I carry the 1911 or a Keltec p11, and my bride has a p230 that she carries....we have a couple of other pistols too.

So, I really wanted a used Bushmaster, but I got more bang for my buck with the AK.

Cheers
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle COZ......If you want to do even more work on it, you could send it off to Informer!

Did you see what Informer did for Waverunner's AK74?

It was a real work of art.

An AK should never look better than an AR....   :  )
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
lose that choate faux dragunov and call up k-var. order the usa copy of the bulgarian polymer furniture...available in greed or black.

the buttstock is 1-1/4" longer than commie standard. [url]www.k-varcorp.com[/url]

the gay romanian sling can be ditched for russian, bulgarian, east german, etc. those romy slings would look at home in a disco! heheheh!

take advantage of that optic rail. see tantal at: [url]http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/[/url] for a good deal on mil-spec commie optics and red-dot sights.

for the sigle best improvement to its' accuracy, see: [url]www.redstararms.comm[/url] for their oustanding match grade trigger.

congrats on the kalashnikov.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Listen to Campy. Any gun worth having is worth playing with. With a K-Var stock set it will look alot better and more "AK"ish.

And with a RSA match trigger (I just installed one on my SLR and another on my Mak. One is set for two stage and the other one. These triggers are outstanding.) and a red dot from Tantal (trust me, if you want any sight get it from Tantal. You will not find a better guy to deal with.) you will find it hard to put the AK down.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked the kvar site...hmmmm might go back to a more AK-like stock, but I do like this one...

As far as red dot or scope.....I'm sure I'll be doing something to it.....

heck I only had it two hours and was changing the furniture.

I do HATE the green sling. Gonna see what I can pick up at the next HGCA Gun Show in August here in Houston......

Now where is the best place for cheap mags?

Do those bigass drum mags work?

Is Wolf ammo ok?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do those bigass drum mags work?

View Quote

Ive got a 75 rnd chineese drum for my sar-1, it works great, althought I hardly ever use it, its kind of a pain in the ass, plus the sar-1 gets really hot.

[img]www.auction.2y.net/user/poophead/guns.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 3 AK's as of today.

1 NHM w/ US Parts conversion, Boyds Ash stock set, and a vertical foregrip.
1 SAR-3
and a recently aquired Intrac 5.45X39 w/ Pistol Grip compliant config....

I love them all, but I love the 5.45 the best.
I had 2 SAR2's a while back, and got rid of them at some seriously bloated prices when everyone was panicking that there would be no more 5.45 AK's...

But after shooting Campy's 545 at the BRC, I had to have one in my collection.
A sweeter shooting round there isn't.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]
eswanson,

Yeah the AK can take the mud and rain.....the closest outdoor range to me doesn't drain well....HELL, it doesn't drain. I Might not even make it to the fence to hang the target without sinking pretty deep...I'd rather enjoy it and I wouldn't if I had to wear knee high mud boots just to hang the target.

This coming weekend the bride needs to get her fingerprints redone AGAIN because the FBI is so fricking picky, so we HAVE to go to the range where they do it (they conduct the CHL class there) so no excuses, range report will be forthcoming.....

Cheers....

What's wrong with the 7.62 round? I like the .30 cal stuff.......
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, no range report yet.
Damn hemorrhoids...had me bedridden damn near.
I missed work, so I had to take my "stay home" punishment like a man.

Soon, really, soon!

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]
that thing is bad ass! amagine if someone broke into your house and you pulled that evil black rifle on them they would crap there pants.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks 1911. I did want the black stocks....gotta get a black sling now.

The wood furniture it came with was a deep burgundy, different, but not a "black rifle".....if you know what I mean.

Cheers
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#15]
"Damn hemorrhoids...had me bedridden damn near."

Please, tell us more!

Balming
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice Coz.  We need to go shooting sometime.  I'm seriously considering having a monthly organized shoot for the Houston area folks if we can swing it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#17]
GBT,

Sounds good. I know Brouhaha lives out near us.....

Go for it. Just gimme some notice, you know how this job is....

We're on HOLD now as the merger looms.....

Cheers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top