Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/12/2002 6:38:12 PM EDT
and took a tour of their manufacturing facility. They had a shit load of sweet bikes lined up and ready to ship to their dealers. I didn't think they would allow photos so I didn't take the camera. They do allow photos so I missed out. This is the bike I fell in love with (Slammer) and it's a bargain at only $35,000! [img]http://www.americanironhorse.com/html/images/2002images/slammer6.jpg[/img] [url=www.americanironhorse.com]American Ironhorse[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:58:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:07:21 PM EDT
They are S&S motors and I believe that they are 107ci.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:11:52 PM EDT
Sorry guys. These (IMHO) are overpriced junkers. Good components, poorly assembled. Ab
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:14:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:17:24 PM EDT
I personally think [b][i]all[/i][/b] custom bikes like this are overpriced but the ones I looked at today looked like they were put together pretty well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:39:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By albob: Sorry guys. These (IMHO) are overpriced junkers. Good components, poorly assembled. Ab
View Quote
That sucks-did you see one? I haven't-what was wrong w/em? Too bad, the one bunghole posted a picture of is cool looking.
View Quote
I work on them. Most problems are: brakes,(set up wrong), charging systems,(again, set up wrong),etc. The engines are also built by S&S,which is a good product but,I personally don't trust their engine assemblers. It would be better to buy an engine unassembled and have a reputable local guy assemble it. Don't get me wrong they ARE beautiful bikes,but like I mentioned I have seen MANY problems with most "aftermarket" bikes. FWIW........... AB
Top Top