Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/12/2002 9:03:54 AM EDT
There really is no such thing as insanity. Could it be that some among us have just been able to project their consciousness through the neuron-thin membrane between this reality and alternate, equally valid ones where there really [b]are[/b] bugs crawling all over them and where Brad Pitt really [b]does[/b] love them with all his heart?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:05:18 AM EDT
Well, I'm not insane, but I'm not so sure about the rest of you.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:06:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22: There really is no such thing as insanity. Could it be that some among us have just been able to project their consciousness through the neuron-thin membrane between this reality and alternate, equally valid ones where there really [b]are[/b] bugs crawling all over them and where Brad Pitt really [b]does[/b] love them with all his heart?
View Quote
Yup, no insanity....just drunkenness....as the rest of your post illustrates. [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:07:33 AM EDT
Slow day, huh??? [;)]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:07:42 AM EDT
in an insane world, the sane are dysfunctional.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:09:06 AM EDT
Someone has this sig line.... "I'm glad you changed your mind. The old one wasn't working too well." [:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:09:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lurker: in an insane world, the sane are dysfunctional.
View Quote
"When the going gets weird, the weird go professional." Hunter S. Thompson
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:11:25 AM EDT
How about: [b]In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.[/b] Eric The(Applicable?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:05:35 AM EDT
The voices in my head keep telling me that I'm not insane! [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:13:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 2whiskeyP: The voices in my head keep telling me that I'm not insane! [chainsawkill]
View Quote
Your just jealous that the voices talk to [i]ME![/i] (Even if the voices aren't real, they have some [i]good[/i] ideas!)
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:16:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:22:17 AM EDT
I see it as a continuum. That which was insane yesterday, e.g., walking on the moon, may very well be todays reality.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:23:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hardcase: I see it as a continuum. That which was insane yesterday, e.g., walking on the moon, may very well be todays reality.
View Quote
OK...how do you explain bell bottom jeans then??? A reverse continuum??? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:28:13 AM EDT
This is going to take some serious thought. I will have to get back to you on this. Remind me at the Ice House next year around midnight and I will have an answer. [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:30:08 AM EDT
We really have to find you a job. You have entirely too much time to think.[>:/]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:43:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 11:05:04 AM EDT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally Posted By hardcase: I see it as a continuum. That which was insane yesterday, e.g., walking on the moon, may very well be todays reality. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OK...how do you explain bell bottom jeans then??? A reverse continuum???
View Quote
...a statistical anomaly... ...an outlier... Oh, hell, there's no explanation for them!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:29:54 PM EDT
Wow, some folks seem a little small-minded. Does the notion that others believe in that which they can't see make you so uncomfortable? Aren't there a lot of folks around who believe in things they can't see or prove? What makes your fairy tale any more valid than mine?
Originally Posted By hardcase: I see it as a continuum.
View Quote
Good image, hardcase.
Top Top