Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/11/2002 7:06:56 AM EDT
[url]http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_5.html[/url] WASHINGTON Ñ A U.S. Air Force study said women who served in the Gulf over the last decade have reported physical and mental difficulties stemming from a lack of segregated facilities. The study said the women complained of urinary tract infections and dehydration because of poor medical treatment and the absence of womens' toilets.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:18:25 AM EDT
WTF?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:19:57 AM EDT
[b]"Women usually will not complain," Ms. Ritchie said. "But they may vote with their feet and get out." [/b] goodbye.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:23:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:28:54 AM EDT
Reason enough to me to stop the unisex bathroom craze...hehe
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:09:25 AM EDT
This apparently happens in women's prisons too. The girl cons cannot bring themselves to piss and shit in front of others. GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:11:20 AM EDT
Yet another reason monen won't be seeing combat anytime soon. Keving67
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:19:35 AM EDT
Come on guys, you KNOW a woman can be just as good a soldier as any man. [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:45:31 AM EDT
WTF! this is not a game. the army is there to KILL the enemy. if you have a personal problem get out! Many women crew members too embarrassed to use the latrines in front of their male colleagues ended up with urinary tract infections, the study said. To avoid using the latrines, the study said, many women limited their water intake and as a result became dehydrated. it seems you could make up something out of a piece of garden hose???
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:04:52 AM EDT
I'm not outright agaist women in the military, but this is a good example on why men are more fit for combat then women.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:06:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MurderSHO45: I'm not outright agaist women in the military,
View Quote
You've got to be kidding. They can't even properly execute a peeing maneuver. Anything other than desk jobs - forgeddabouddit.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:13:20 AM EDT
Remember when Gingritch talked about this?? The media jumped his bones....
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:42:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 308wood: WTF! this is not a game. the army is there to KILL the enemy. if you have a personal problem get out! Many women crew members too embarrassed to use the latrines in front of their male colleagues ended up with urinary tract infections, the study said. To avoid using the latrines, the study said, many women limited their water intake and as a result became dehydrated. it seems you could make up something out of a piece of garden hose???
View Quote
You might not believe this, but back in the late 70s and early 80s, the Army spent [i]millions[/i] to develop a BDU insert (for the 505s, I believe] that allowed women to stand up and take a piss. The ideas was to make it easier for women to piss, AND to make it difficult for the enemy to identify female soldiers. Go figure.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:21:28 PM EDT
Damn...that must be why my missus gets jacked out of shape when I tell the three year old grandson, "Just remember, Buddy...the world is your unrinal!" [}:D] Really gets her goat. Maybe she understands some primal instinct I haven't grasped until now? [;D] I think this story is funny as hell. Serves 'em right. Whine...whine...whine. (I'm sitting here trying to remember what life was like in the bush for a couple of weeks without much of anything...and I still can't figure out how the GI Janes can do that.) This topic is headed askew fast! [beer]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:39:28 PM EDT
Question...aren't soldiers sometimes unable to go to a latrine. ie. use a tree or something? If a women was unable to use the toity wouldn't that be pretty bad since she may have to end up with much worse? As in without the toity?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:40:23 PM EDT
Holy shit! Man this was a good laugh! THe device to pee whilst standing just sent me over the edge! Now I know why I read the board while at work...so I can give everyone around me a good laugh! Two have actually started reading the boards just to find the funny stories!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:43:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:14:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By redray: [b]"Women usually will not complain," Ms. Ritchie said. "But they may vote with their feet and get out." [/b] goodbye.
View Quote
Since when did women usually not complain? [peep]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:58:21 PM EDT
Maybe they shuold start teaching the female soldirs how to "bumper pee" during basic training! had they grown up in the mid-west they would have been taught this fine art as a child!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:17:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Goob: Maybe they shuold start teaching the female soldirs how to "bumper pee" during basic training! had they grown up in the mid-west they would have been taught this fine art as a child!
View Quote
ah yes, bumper pee. don't try it when your drunk.
Top Top