Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2002 1:47:27 PM EDT
Was looking at buying one-since they don't really make em anymore and was wondering the experiences anybody had with them.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking for one for a while. There are several places online to get some really great deals on them.

I want a "Gorgar" to go along with my cocktail Ms. Pac Man, Space Duel and Solar Fox.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I just purchased XENON about 3 or 4 months ago. I paid way too much for it...but because I really wanted "that" machine I shelled out the bucks for it! However like Green_Furniture I wanted a GORGAR the first talking machine. I have seen some really good buys on ebay but you must be willing to drive to pick them up or pay $$$$$ to ship and crate. Be reminded these machines are 20 years old and can be a pain in the ASS! I just acquired Asteroids and have had to have it repaired 3 times already.
Fortunately I bought it local and the seller is standing behind it even after the 30 day warranty! Good Luck!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
For those in California there's always Orange County Pinball. Big selection. Good guys.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I was looking for "Funhouse"  somebody has one for sale for $1500 bucks (dealer)  Think this is a good deal or sould i offer 1300.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a single-player Williams game that I bought 25 years ago.  It was 10 years old when I got it.  It's all electro-mechanical; solenoids, relays, and a big rotary switch.  Not a printed circuit in sight!  It works as well today as when I bought it.  The only thing I've had to fix was the shaft that runs through the big rotary switch.  It wore out and broke, so I replaced it with a piece of threaded rod, and it works fine.

The settings for scoring free games are done by changing wire jumpers inside the box.  It even came with all of the manuals and score cards for the different award settings.  There are some adjustments you can make on the playfield to make it harder or easier to keep the ball in play.

I mostly like the noise the thing makes. All of the relays, motors and solenoids make a hell of a racket...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I like pinball,  one of these days, I'll find one....one of these days....... [:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#7]
No, but I used to own a full sized Gauntlet II machine in excellent condition.  Pretty damm cool game.  Unfortunately I had to sell it due to space constraints.

Black Knight was one of the best pinball games back in the days.  The first two level pinball machine I recall.

Future, looking for a:

- Vanguard
- Spy Hunter ( upright )
- Street Fighter Champion Edition
- Gauntlet II
- Joust I ( cocktail ) & II ( rare )
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an "Incredible Hulk" machine. I think it was made in '76. It is one of the first digital machines and while it needs a bit of work on the pop up circuit, it is in great shape.  

Cool game, and yes, I could be convinced to sell or trade it [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top