Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2002 10:46:34 AM EDT
Tried out the new gym over the lunch hour...real nice place with great new equipment.  Workout went find until I got ready to take a shower & someone walked in & started giving me the 3rd degree about who I was, where I was from, what nationality I was, where I worked...blah, blah, blah....

Funny, never realized I looked so intimidating...those workouts must be paying off...guess its in the genes.
-------------------------------------------------
>>Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid."
>>
>>That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them
>>anything.
>>
>>It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign."
>>
>>It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there
>>was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My neighbor comes over and says, "Hey,
>>you moving?"  "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see
>>how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."
>>
>>A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his
>>boat into the dock, I lifted up this big ol' stringer of bass and this idiot
>>on the dock goes, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?"  "Nope. Talked 'em into
>>giving up. Here's your sign."
>>
>>I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was
>>a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it.
>>"Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good... They want you
>>to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite
>>you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it."
>>
>>Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those
>>side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck,
>>looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. I said,
>>"Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on
>>me. Here's your sign."
>>
>>We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house
>>and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he
>>gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says,
>>"Darn that's hot!"  See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped
>>him.
>>
>>I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure.  Wouldn't you know,
>>I misjudged the height of a bridge.  The truck got stuck and I couldn't get
>>it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local
>>cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning ...
>>okay....no problem. I thought for sure he was clearof needing a sign...until
>>he asked, "So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him,
>>looked back at the rig and then back to him
>>and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge... here's your sign."
>>
>>I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said, "Are
>>you still here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here's your
>>sign."
>>
>>Anybody you know need a sign today?

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Folks at Gym worried cuz I look like an Arab
View Quote

You might want to consider losing the belly-length beard, sandals, skirt-length shirt and turban.

Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Soooo Matrix, where ya from? What do you do for a living? Been here long?  [;)]

Sorry you had such a a hard time. People are concerned. Just human nature is all. Still sucks, but probably not a lot you can do about it.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You might want to consider losing the belly-length beard, sandals, skirt-length shirt and turban.

Just a suggestion.
View Quote

Never had any of those features, clean shaven, & frankly I look Spanish or Mexican to most people...but I'm curious...did you fvck those 72 virgins all in one night?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
but I'm curious...did you fvck those 72 virgins all in one night?
View Quote

I did 70 of them one after the other until my balls turned blue. Then I backed off, jacked off and fvcked the other two.

[b]Are[/b] you an Arab?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
1.) Which Gym?
2.) Was it a gym  employee that grilled you?
3.) It's none of their freaking business where you're from or what your nationality is...it's a gym!

One word of advice. Don't try this, even as a joke.
There [u]was[/u] an Arab guy at my gym that would regularly wonder into the aerobics room to do his morning prayer (seemed almost out of spite). This didn't go over to well. Conflict ensued and I haven't seen him for a couple of months.[B)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
but I'm curious...did you fvck those 72 virgins all in one night?
View Quote

I did 70 of them one after the other until my balls turned blue. Then I backed off, jacked off and fvcked the other two.

[b]Are[/b] you an Arab?
View Quote

Damn....I knew I should have joined the Marines...no wonder everyone wants to be a Marine!  

Hell no...I ain't no Arab.  Both my parents are Indian & I am very fair skinned/colored...actually lighter than most [white]folks who tan.  

Born in Nairobi, Kenya 'cause thats where my father was working as an Engineer at the time...moved to Canada when I was five [fled Uganda with absolutely nothing after Idi Amin had a melt down & started killing everyone; & I mean everyone]...stayed in Canada until 1990 & did my graduate schooling in America...plan on staying right here in TX...

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn....I knew I should have joined the Marines...no wonder everyone wants to be a Marine!

Hell no...I ain't no Arab.  Both my parents are Indian & I am very fair skinned/colored...actually lighter than most [white]folks who tan.  

Born in Nairobi, Kenya 'cause thats where my father was working as an Engineer at the time...moved to Canada when I was five [fled Uganda with absolutely nothing after Idi Amin had a melt down & started killing everyone; & I mean everyone]...stayed in Canada until 1990 & did my graduate schooling in America...plan on staying right here in TX...
View Quote

Get your US citizenship and then tell those people to fvck off.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1.) Which Gym?
2.) Was it a gym  employee that grilled you?
3.) It's none of their freaking business where you're from or what your nationality is...it's a gym!

One word of advice. Don't try this, even as a joke.
There [u]was[/u] an Arab guy at my gym that would regularly wonder into the aerobics room to do his morning prayer (seemed almost out of spite). This didn't go over to well. Conflict ensued and I haven't seen him for a couple of months.[B)]
View Quote

I don't think it was a gym employee...not sure, I didn't think of asking him cuz I really didn't care.

I knew something was up cuz they were all staring like I head horns coming out of my skull or something.

I don't pray in public except at Mosque/Church.

Yeah...its really none of their business, but stuff like that has been happening since 911.

Probably not a good judgement call on the Arab's part to pray in public like that at a gym...workout & move on...pray at Church or home.  Guess he was trying to make a statement or something...?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe he was trying to pick you up....That's ashame but I'm afraid these are the times we live in. I would say something to the club Manager about it.

Didn't you reply to a Post about killing Arabs and that's why you didn't go to the BRC because of the stupidity of some people?

I thought for some reason you are Middle Eastern...Any way you could come to my Gym any time...I hope it stops at that point and don't get hassled again.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey man, 738 posts on AR15.COM means you're A-OK with me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Just a suggestion.
View Quote

Never had any of those features, clean shaven, & frankly I look Spanish or Mexican to most people...but I'm curious...did you fvck those 72 virgins all in one night?
View Quote

It's ok.  I've been brown all my life, and have been referred to as a mexican for a lot of it  which partially true given my tribe's location.  However, when I was a little kid some idiot white girl on a playground slide called me the N word.  I was in shock that someone could be so dumb as to confuse their racial slurs.  She had a mouth on her like a sailor too.  I didn't have a sign for her, but I did get to kick her off the slide without getting in trouble from my mom, who's pretty loco for a white woman. [:D]  I heard her threaten to whip the ass of my middle school principle the third time I was sent to in school suspension for literally no reason because he had a hardon for me even though I had never been in trouble before or since in my life.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

way to hit those virgin CAMELS!!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tried out the new gym over the lunch hour...real nice place with great new equipment.  Workout went find until I got ready to take a shower & someone walked in & started giving me the 3rd degree about who I was, where I was from, what nationality I was, where I worked...blah, blah, blah....
View Quote

This guy must be a complete moron. An Arab taking a shower!?!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm getting that deja vu feeling. This has happened to you before, hasn't it?

[edited to add: wasn't it at the same health club?]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm getting that deja vu feeling. This has happened to you before, hasn't it?

[edited to add: wasn't it at the same health club?]
View Quote

You have a good memory...it was at the sister club in a nearby town.  Someone had posted a picture of a Seikh Terrorist next to my name on the computer...I was pissed enough to harass the owner about it.  Decided to try the other gym in the town I work at over lunch hour...& of course, the same old crap occurs.

Ah well, I will start carrying more signs with me to hand out.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh great. [:D] Well, you know what they say: if it wasn't for bad luck...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#20]
>>I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't you know,
>>I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get
>>it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local
>>cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning ...
>>okay....no problem. I thought for sure he was clearof needing a sign...until
>>he asked, "So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him,
>>looked back at the rig and then back to him
>>and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge... here's your sign."
View Quote

Should have been TWO signs.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
way to hit those virgin CAMELS!!!!
View Quote

[s]Actually, your sister was #43.[/s]

I'm just curious, did I offend you in a previous life or something? Where did that come from?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Maybe he was trying to pick you up....That's ashame but I'm afraid these are the times we live in. I would say something to the club Manager about it.

Didn't you reply to a Post about killing Arabs and that's why you didn't go to the BRC because of the stupidity of some people?

I thought for some reason you are Middle Eastern...Any way you could come to my Gym any time...I hope it stops at that point and don't get hassled again.
View Quote

Hmmmm...never thought of that...sheesh, I sure hope he wasn't trying to pick me up!  Geeerrrooossss....

Yeah...that was me...I didn't go to BRC because I knew I would rain on some peoples' parade...shooting I enjoy...a shootout I wish to avoid!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
My family is predominatly of German heritage but we have a history of olive colored skin on my mom's side. My mom was olive skinned as is my daughter and my mom's nephew.

He had troubles over Thanksgiving when he flew back for his mom's funeral. He's skinny, about 5'6" - 5'8" and he's dark. He's been living in the Florida Keys for 4 years now. Yep, he got hassled a bit at every airport along the way.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...that was me...I didn't go to BRC because I knew I would rain on some peoples' parade...shooting I enjoy...a shootout I wish to avoid!!
View Quote
You're the same guy? Man you have bad luck with gyms.

You really didn't come to the BRC because you thought someone would give you a hard time? I hope that wouldn't happen and don't think it would-but it's sad that if you really didn't go because of that. Are you considering going next year?
View Quote

I MAY come next year if things seem a little better in the nation...folks are pretty spooked right now, but perhaps it might be better (God willing) next year.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Some people may assume things if you had forgot to take the towel of your head when ya got out of the shower. [;D]

Just a smart ass guess.

we have a Saudi on our crew and he says nobody has hassled him ever. He is a good guy.

Maybe Norfolk VA is just a friendly kind of town ?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't Sweat the stupid stuff (or people)...I'm glad you were able to keep your cool during both of those incidents. If it were me in your shoes I would have been in some  serious trouble [;D] . I know how you feel, I'm Part Hawaiian and Filipino, and people always mistake me for being mexican. It's starting to be wierd though since I since I'm learning the spanish in school.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top