Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2001 4:24:55 PM EDT
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a station that played stuff that related to firearms on television.  REALM posted on the boston public topic the idea.  It might be a bad idea though, because I probably wouldn't get any sleep and would wouldn't make it to work as much.  We could have compitition event coverage, tips and ideas for cleaning your firearms, political coverage and debates.  What else?  Lars.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Come on, someone has to like this idea.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
New firearms tests and product reviews. Kind of like the publication Gun Tests- only on TV. The key would be to break it up into several facets of firearms. From hunting to clays to modern "sporting" rifles. Include everything from air rifles to AR's, shotguns and handguns. Go into antiques and firearm history (Colt SAA or 1890 Win pump rifle). I've thought about this in the past. That would be cool! [:D] Milldude  
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I was typing as hard as I can! [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
and then we can package it all up and call it "AMERICAN SHOOTER"  

yeah yeah thats the ticket[:o)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The NRA had a 30-60 minute program about international gun control efforts in Canada, South Africa, England and Australia about a month ago (Outdoor Network).  It was a very telling program, even convincing my wife, who was on the fence about gun control, that we should have the right to keep and bare arms after seeing what other countries were experiencing with increases in crime after guns were banned.  I wish that the NRA would play this program and similar ones on Fox, CNN, ABC, CBS or NBC to really get the word out!
[8D]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I think OR-AR was refering to a channel devoted to firearms 24/7. [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The NRA had a 30-60 minute program about international gun control efforts in Canada, South Africa, England and Australia about a month ago (Outdoor Network).  It was a very telling program, even convincing my wife, who was on the fence about gun control, that we should have the right to keep and bare arms after seeing what other countries were experiencing with increases in crime after guns were banned.  I wish that the NRA would play this program and similar ones on Fox, CNN, ABC, CBS or NBC to really get the word out!
[8D]
View Quote

no matter how much money the NRA paid them, the liberal media would never show pro-gun programming
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah MILL i know, but i was being a wiseass all day & figured why stop now[B)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
There is the Outdoor Channel with hunting/shooting shows like Outdoor Traditions, Hunting the Country, Gundogs Unlimited, Ted Nugent's Spirit of the Wild, Action Shooters and Realtree Outdoors.
Unfortunately for me, my cable system doesn't carry it. They do offer it on many satellite sytems though.
TNN used to show American Shooter every Saturday, but I haven't seen in on for awhile.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is the Outdoor Channel with hunting/shooting shows like Outdoor Traditions, Hunting the Country, Gundogs Unlimited, Ted Nugent's Spirit of the Wild, Action Shooters and Realtree Outdoors.
Unfortunately for me, my cable system doesn't carry it. They do offer it on many satellite sytems though.
TNN used to show American Shooter every Saturday, but I haven't seen in on for awhile.
View Quote

TNN said their re-air American Shooter as soon as the XFL season ends.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah MILL i know, but i was being a wiseass all day & figured why stop now[B)]
View Quote

Don't stop then, you're on a roll![;D] Milldude
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top