Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#1]
If they're not married, I don't see a problem getting some poon.  It's not illegal there.  The GD basement dwellers would go
full tard on a drumset for some fine latin pie.  I trust the SS to keep their mouth shut about security procedures.  Hypocrisy is
strong in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agents have security clearances.

I'll bet The One couldn't pass the background check these guys get.

Imagine him trying to pass a polygraph?
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If they're not married, I don't see a problem getting some poon.  It's not illegal there.  The GD basement dwellers would go
full tard on a drumset for some fine latin pie.  I trust the SS to keep their mouth shut about security procedures.  Hypocrisy is
strong in this thread.

Because of human trafficking laws, the usage of prostitution is illegal for those under US law even when overseas.

This hit US service member quite often, even in places were prostitution is legal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imagine him trying to pass a polygraph?

He's pathological.  He would pass with flying colors.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

Because of human trafficking laws, the usage of prostitution is illegal for those under US law even when overseas.

This hit US service member quite often, even in places were prostitution is legal.

wut
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

What if they go to Nevada
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

strong in this thread.

wut

Yep. The Puritans are still alive and building stocks and gaols.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

Never had to address that issue, only overseas specifically with the Embassy Security Guards.

I would think they could make a good case the law does not apply in the US in the places it is legal.  Because in the few places it is legal there is the assumption there is not human trafficking.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Found this website when searching for "tolerance zones."

NSFW (no nudity but you get the idea) http://worldwideprostitution.com/category/law/colombia

Adult prostitution is legal in designated ‘tolerance zones,’ but enforcement of, and restriction to, the zones remained difficult. Prostitution was widespread and exacerbated by poverty and internal displacement. Sex tourism existed to a limited extent, particularly in coastal cities such as Cartagena and Barranquilla, where marriage and dating services were often fronts for sexual tourism. The law prohibits organizing or facilitating sexual tourism and provides penalties of three to eight years’ imprisonment. Trafficking in women for sexual exploitation continued to be a problem.

Prostitution: Legal

Brothel Ownership: Legal

Pimping: Illegal

Arfcom's dreams just went down the tubes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Found this website when searching for "tolerance zones."

NSFW (no nudity but you get the idea) http://worldwideprostitution.com/category/law/colombia

Adult prostitution is legal in designated ‘tolerance zones,’ but enforcement of, and restriction to, the zones remained difficult. Prostitution was widespread and exacerbated by poverty and internal displacement. Sex tourism existed to a limited extent, particularly in coastal cities such as Cartagena and Barranquilla, where marriage and dating services were often fronts for sexual tourism. The law prohibits organizing or facilitating sexual tourism and provides penalties of three to eight years’ imprisonment. Trafficking in women for sexual exploitation continued to be a problem.

Prostitution: Legal

Brothel Ownership: Legal

Pimping: Illegal

Arfcom's dreams just went down the tubes.

Arfcom's answer is Costa Rica, no narco war and legal prostitution.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wish my house was a tolerance zone.

Me too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#12]
They were apparently doubly stupid in that they had the hookers come to the hotel and then refused to pay one of them.  I'd also bet that the hookers knew, and were perhaps even told, that these guys were part of the advance team for the POTUS - and thus that hooker could really blackmail them.

This was a much bigger blunder than one or two agents going out on the town after work, keeping a low profile, and banging some legal hookers.

Massive OPSEC fail for people whose entire job is OPSEC at the highest level.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

Never had to address that issue, only overseas specifically with the Embassy Security Guards.

I would think they could make a good case the law does not apply in the US in the places it is legal.  Because in the few places it is legal there is the assumption there is not human trafficking.

There's nothing illegal about a USC hiring a prostitute in a country where that's legal so long as the prostitute is 18 or older. Governing law is the Protect Act of 2003. Legal prostitutes are available in some degree in much of the world, including most of Europe and South America.

I am sure that it's against Secret Service policy, tho.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#14]
/tinfoil on
This is just Obama’s way of cleaning house before he brings in the brown shirts.
/tinfoil off
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't believe this story one bit, something else is going on.

Nice to know that I wasn't the only one that thought I smelled BS when I first heard it.

Sounds more like something shady that was going to happen, but this particular SS crew wouldn't go along with the plan.  They got shipped back so a more "friendly" crew could cover.

The whole prostitute story might be the truth, but I'm not buying it without more information.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Lot more to this.

Could be anything but I doubt it has much to do with a <$1k whore bill.

Maybe attempted extortion once they found they were dealing with folks who couldnt talk about it.

Or maybe FAR worse. But this aint all of it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, this is highly unusual behavior for a group of young male facepunchers with downtime in a place that's internationally famous for beautiful, friendly women. I would be even more shocked if alcohol was involved. I agree that they were probably asked to cover up Obama's secret meeting with Fidel Castro or the Illuminati or some such and wouldn't play ball.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#18]
While I am one of those sexually liberated European and dont give a flying fuck what anybody gets up to in his private life.

This however !!!!!! IS A MAJOR SECURITY RISK TO THE USA !!!!!! The service members knew that when they took the job. You get green tip ammo but the tradeoff is no hookers.

The fact is that they become open to blackmail  etc. + the chance of feelings being misused.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Wonder why this was "leaked"? Why is administration trying to smear SS? Normally this stuff is cleaned up behind the scenes right? Hmmm- time for tinfoil hat...
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Supposedly embarrassing for the country.

How could it be any more embarasssssing than Barack hussain obamy.

Tip Number one always pay the hooker.    dumb fuck

these ss fit right in with obamy

How could this be any worse than bill getting a bj in the Oral office or  OBAMY snorting cain and having gay up the ass sex with another fudge packer

ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk can this all be realfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Real Leadership brings out the best in their 'employees' because they are Respected.

Assuming they are guilty, Their lack of respect for their responsibilities, explains this Presidency Perfectly.

I wonder what these Agents have witnessed to show such disrespect towards the President?

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://www.jammiewf.com/2012/great-news-obama-secret-service-agents-recalled-from-colombia-for-soliciting-prostitutes/

Interdasting.

Kessler said he was told that a dozen agents had been removed from the trip. He added that soliciting prostitution is considered inappropriate by the Secret Service, even though it is legal in Colombia when conducted in designated “tolerance zones.” However, Kessler added, several of the agents involved are married.

Politicians hate it when you pay to get fucked by a prostitute.  They don't like the competition.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd normally be fine with partying with a room full of hookers, but in this case it's not acceptable.  Especially for married men who's job it is to protect the POTUS.  WAY WAY too much risk of blackmail and spilling secrets.

Secret service knows state secrets like brinks  knows apples trade secrets.  You guys watch too many movies.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When you have a job like that, you are held to a much higher standard than security guard snuffy. Banging hookers (or looking like you did) is not how you want SS agents behaving.

I've seen a secret service agent dress up as chuck Norris while protecting a republican president.  Dude was likely insane.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wish my house was a tolerance zone.

Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

It's illegal for an American to use a prostitute in a country where it's lawfull?   That's crazy and if true a bigger infringement than obamacare.  Jurisdiction stops at the national border.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

strong in this thread.

It's illegal for an American to use a prostitute in a country where it's lawfull?   That's crazy and if true a bigger infringement than obamacare.  Jurisdiction stops at the national border.

I'm pretty sure it's true.  Likewise, Americans can't legally go to Amsterdam and get high.  Not that anyone would know, or care.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

I'm pretty sure it's true.  Likewise, Americans can't legally go to Amsterdam and get high.  Not that anyone would know, or care.

So an American, no matter where he is, must follow the laws of America and those of the goverment where he actually is?  A violation of something illegal in America, even if done in Canada, japan, germany can be prosecuted in a US court? Say prosecute an American tourist for speeding, on the auto-ban?  Prosecute an American tourist for SBS violations for handling a 14" shotgun in a Toronto gun store?  That the courts would tolerate such is crazy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

NO It Isn't illegal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#30]
These agents won't be charged with anything criminal.  

But they'll never be promoted within the SS.  
Each will always be known as one of the guys that got caught with the hookers in Columbia.  And spend the rest of their career putting together little cases, like teenagers that print bad checks, and credit card fraud.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

strong in this thread.

Where do you guys come up with this shit?

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

Illegal? No. Cause for termination or discipline in the employment context? Absolutely.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I am surprised that we are hearing about this.
First thing that occurs to me is the real story (that we will not hear) is something quite different
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

I'm pretty sure it's not. For both the weed and the hookers in places where those respective things are legal.

Consequences for your employment (both private and government) are another matter.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes, this is highly unusual behavior for a group of young male facepunchers with downtime in a place that's internationally famous for beautiful, friendly women. I would be even more shocked if alcohol was involved. I agree that they were probably asked to cover up Obama's secret meeting with Fidel Castro or the Illuminati or some such and wouldn't play ball.

From an article online:

A hotel employee, speaking on the condition of anonymity for fear of losing his job, said the agents arrived at the beachfront hotel about a week ago. The employee described the agents as drinking heavily during their stay.

That would be entirely consistent with some of the "off duty" behavior I've seen with younger male USSS agents.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Bush's fault.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From an article online:

A hotel employee, speaking on the condition of anonymity for fear of losing his job, said the agents arrived at the beachfront hotel about a week ago. The employee described the agents as drinking heavily during their stay.

That would be entirely consistent with some of the "off duty" behavior I've seen with younger male USSS agents.

I think a more surprising headline would be "Group of Young American Men Visit Colombia, Stay Sober, Fail to Rail Local Poon."
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he couldn't.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
strong in this thread.

They brought a hooker into an already secured area IIRC. Bad JuJu.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From an article online:

I think a more surprising headline would be "Group of Young American Men Visit Colombia, Stay Sober, Fail to Rail Local Poon."

I don't disagree. I'm just saying, from what I saw of them (10+ years ago at the beginning of Bush 43) they were all business when the POTUS or VPOTUS were around, but they goofed off and sure liked the sauce the rest of the time. If you can do it without violating policy or creating security breaches, it's not really an issue. Apparently these guys couldn't.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I was assistant team leader for our squadron's deployment to Tocumen Airbase for the November 2005 SOA trip.

The logistical train alone was impressive: 6 F-15s for CAP from the 1st FW out of Langley, K-135 from Illinois Air Guard, C-17 from, somewhere, plus a spare for the vehicle entourage. AWACS out of Tinker IIRC. Marine One, which had hitched a ride on the C-17, plus its contingent of Marines, a State Department C-40 with SD staff and assorted spooks, AF 1 and backup, etc. Plus a 757 from United carrying the press pool.

The 820th guys from Moody AFB guarded AF1, we provided security for the F-15s, tankers, and airlifters. I was not terribly impressed by the 820th guys, who are usually very professional.

Much of SS advon consists of the security team, but also "retired" agents who secure the vehicles and do other mundane tasks leaving the ST guys to take care of business. Willing to bet it was one of the horny old goats who screwed the pooch, as it were.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Those SS guys probably never heard of Scopolamine. "Devil's Breath"

I have heard stories about other "hobbyists" like myself, who were unwittingly drugged with this stuff.

Girls have put this on their breasts or in guys drinks.

One guy actually helped the robbers carry his stuff out to their truck.

In the morning he didn't remember a thing, just woke up and all his stuff was gone.

The security guard said he was quite lucid and said he told the guard that his friends were helping him move.

Devil's Breath

from the link:
"The drug reminds this writer of rohypnol (or “rufies) because it is used to take advantage of people.  The main difference between scopolamine and rufies is that people who are under the influence of scopolamine can be alert and articulate… and yet unable to resist suggestion."

ETA
It's a dangerous world out there for the unaware.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

strong in this thread.

I'm pretty sure it's not. For both the weed and the hookers in places where those respective things are legal.

Consequences for your employment (both private and government) are another matter.

I've had a couple clearances and worked on numerous government projects, so maybe that's what I'm thinking of.  I swear somewhere along they way they told us it was actually illegal - maybe they're just full of it.

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#44]

A female Secret Service agent on the president’s detail is so out of shape that she literally cannot open the heavy doors to exit the president’s limousine.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/President-Obama-Secret-Service/2012/02/27/id/430652
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was legal there so what concern is it of the Secret Service what their agents are doing on their free time if it's legal? Is it their bosses jobs to be their wives?

I mean hey, the married ones broke God's Commandment and their vows, but that's between them and God.

Imagine that you have a job that is of a high security nature, one in which people's lives as well as the fate of nations depends on your integrity and the integrity of your performance.

Now start behaving in a manner that gives someone the opportunity to blackmail you.

See the problem now?

Sort of like the POTUS fucking an intern?

Link Posted: 4/14/2012 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Add 5 members of the US Military to the mix.

They're confined to quarters in the hotel.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It was legal there so what concern is it of the Secret Service what their agents are doing on their free time if it's legal? Is it their bosses jobs to be their wives?

I mean hey, the married ones broke God's Commandment and their vows, but that's between them and God.

Imagine that you have a job that is of a high security nature, one in which people's lives as well as the fate of nations depends on your integrity and the integrity of your performance.

Now start behaving in a manner that gives someone the opportunity to blackmail you.

See the problem now?

Sort of like the POTUS fucking an intern?

http://www.articleii.org/files/Impeachment_Clinton.jpg

"Arfcom: Where two wrongs ALWAYS make a right!"™
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The back story is that there was no evidence of use of prostitutes (violation of human trafficking laws) .  

What was observed was some one on the detail paying cab fare for the a Columbian national he picked up at the club.

SS agent picks up a foreign national at a club and then pays for her cab fare home?  Does not seem a violation to me if he was off the clock at the time.  OTOH, shennanigans with foreign nationals could be construed as a security violation.

ETA: Having read the rest of the thread, all I can say is, "Oops!"
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#49]
You always pay the whore so she will go away and keep her mouth shut.

They better hope they were all over age.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I see we have a few french fry jockeys in this thread who think this is perfectly ok for SS agents to behave like this. Tell you what, when McDonald's sends you to Colombia to train the people down there to make fries, then go ahead, get some hookers.  People who have serious jobs need to act professional.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top