Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t get it StormSurge, what are you saying?

Mike
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Recent incident where black father and his son got beat up by cops in Inglewood (near Los Angeles International Airport) might lead to another LA riot.  I'm just keepin my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, Dolomite, defend your denial:
[url]http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/jul02/58065.asp[/url]

Youths beat festival patrons
Police dispute accounts of attacks as racially motivated
"By TOM HELD and JAMES H. BURNETT III
of the Journal Sentinel staff
Last Updated: July 10, 2002
A group of youths pummeled at least a half-dozen people leaving Summerfest on Sunday night, in a series of attacks that witnesses described as racially motivated."

"One of the victims, Justin Mooney, described his plight as "wrong place, wrong time, wrong color."

"In words stronger than the other witnesses', Riddle described the attack as racially motivated.

"I just think this unprovoked assault was a hate crime against a white kid, and everybody's afraid to say that," Riddle said."

Edited to add:  The normally Liberal Journal Sentinel did a great job putting together a balanced and nuetral piece.  Perhaps thats why it took so long to come out LOL!

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
[imbro]
Only whites can be racist.  Blacks are merely expressing their righteous outrage at three centuries of enslavement and oppression.
[/imbro]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotta keep this on page 1 until Dolomite shows up.....
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Things like this irritate me. I've tried to make myself believe we've been making progress at living in harmony with people of other races. I still do, but incidents like this piss me off.

I'm white. I'm not proud nor ashamed of that. It's just the way I was born. I can't say I've never made a racial slur. I can't say I've never thought bad things about someone because of their color or how they were dressed etc. I do try to treat any person as just another person and form opinions of them after any interaction. I try to ignore stereotypes, hype, boogey-man stories etc. When I was young I used to walk up Roemer Blvd in Farrell PA by myself at night to get to a girls house. I used to have white acquaintances who were a little more racist that used to drive up that same street yelling racial slurs and trying to instigate some form of violence. It usually worked. I never had a problem walking through that neighborhood, because I wasn't out there looking for trouble. I had a few guys walk up to me just to tell me things like: "hey bro, any a these motherf#$%ers give you any trouble just holla fo me and I'll straighten they ass out." They weren't out there looking for trouble either.

Now things like the incident mentioned in this thread really bother me. I don't doubt that it happened. I don't doubt that it was unprovoked by the victim. It just really sucks. It should bother you no matter what race you are. It's just a vicious circle of hate. It will motivate more white hate groups, who will attack more black people, which will cause more incidents like this to occur.

Just try to remember the golden rule, okay people? ;)

edited because: found one of probably several spelling errors.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:06:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to take this third hand account of a mini-race-riot with a tablespoon of salt... I think a mini-race-riot occurring down at the "Big Gig" would've been reported somewhere.  I mean, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
View Quote

You were saying...

First, 30-40 young African-Americans can't walk around anywhere in Milwaukee without a shitload of Milwaukee cops showing up and beating on them.  Right or wrong, that's just the way it is here.  It's unfortunate, but Milwaukee's a very racist city.  Summerfest is the pride of said city, holier than Harley-Davidson and Miller Brewery combined, nobody fucks with Summerfest - period.
View Quote

[b]Beating on them?[/b] Huh.

[b]Racist city?[/b] I see.

[b]Nobody fucks with Summerfest - period?[/b] Looks like some people did.

I wonder... did the "youths" who "fucked with Summerfest" get "beat on" by the "shitload of cops?" Must not have; as you say, it wasn't reported on.

Quoted:  I'm just having a hard time believing it happened OR that it happened and it wasn't reported at all.  And I have to admit, I'm fascinated by those that think I'm being ignorant about the whole thing.
View Quote

You fascinate rather easily then.

Well, you know what they say: ignorance is bliss... making you one stoned homey.

Quoted:
That I [b][i]really[/b][/i] don't care if a hate crime happened in my town?  

That maybe I have an ulterior motive in this discussion?

[size=1](Now that I think about it...  You might be onto something...)[/size=1]
View Quote

Well, you've proven yourself to be quite the [:k]. Congratulations. Everything you say from now on will be treated with all the seriousness it deserves. [img]http://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/contrib/edoom/Flush.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One single mom was dragged from her car and beaten while her 4yo boy was still in the car.
View Quote

Hmm... if the perps were in range...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think the kind of music has anything to do with it. A few years ago there was a shooting involving Black gang members at the Alameda County Fair, which is held in Pleasanton, CA, a mostly upscale city with homes ranging from $400,000 to well over $1 million. The gang bangers drove down from Oakland, which is perhaps 15-20 miles north-west of where the fair was located. Apparently, some gang members were unhappy to see their rivals at the fair, so one guy started shooting and a couple of innocent people were hit. The guy was running around shooting for a while before the local cops got hold of him.

Anyway, the fair was held in an area that is upper middle-class, maybe 90% white, yet SHTF, thanks to the Oakland visitors.

It can happen anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#10]
First off, TheKill, I heard it on the radio (WLUM) driving in this morning.  The first thing I did was log in and post an apology.

StormSurge, you sound cute, in a "little bitch" sort of way.  Let's hook up.  Send me an IM, 'kay?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, you've proven yourself to be quite the [:k]. Congratulations. Everything you say from now on will be treated with all the seriousness it deserves. [img]http://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/contrib/edoom/Flush.gif[/img]
View Quote

I for one don't consider Dolomite a Troll.  I think he made an honest conclusion based on the sister-brother's-cousin's-friend's-whatever multiple seperation hearsay.  If someone you don't know told you that his friend's cousin bought a M-16 for $200 how likely are you to believe that story?  Dolomite is fairly knowledgable in the politics of WI and from what I can tell even more knowledgeable of what happens around Milwaukee.  

But now that the incident has actually been reported the real conversation can begin rather than continueing to flame one another.  

What do you think about what happened and what needs to be done?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:17:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Muad.  But I think I'm about to get very unpopular 'round these parts pretty soon, so I would caution anybody that wants to defend me.

I do however think that I'm being unfairly labeled as a troll.  I was just basing my comments on things I've seen at places I've been and things I've seen.  

I can have a valid opinion on the city I live in [b]right[/b]?  I can have an opinion on an annual event in my city that I've been going to since I was 10 years old [b]right[/b]?  This is an opinion board [b]right[/b]?

It just so happens that I was [b]wrong[/b] about my initial reply to TheKill's post.  And I apologized for it.

Don't worry about little old me - I'm fully aware of how people will be coming out of the cracks to slam me.  This isn't "LetsTreatEverybodyNiceAndFair.COM", it's AR15.COM goddamnit!  So let's rock.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#13]
"What needs to be done"?

I could be wrong, as I was about TheKill's friend's cousin, but the first thing I would do is fire Chief Arthur Jones.  Given the reported first-hand accounts, these attacks hardly appear to be random.  He needs to go.

Secondly, I would use this event to underline the vital importance of passing the Personal Protection Act as soon as possible.  Afterall, would this mob have had the balls to attack people near their cars in the parking lot if they were aware that some of them were trained in defensive firearms use and legally packing a gun in their car?  I think not.

Thirdly, regarding the "carnival" attractions at Summerfest - They're gone.  History.

Lastly, let the police do their job.  How could traffic citations and tickets for public urination skyrocket all while a roving mob is allowed to rampage witout fear of reprisal?  Poor leadership - the MPD obviously allowed themselves to be overtaxed with terrorism concerns.  They concentrated their efforts on keeping stationary vehicles away from the gates and worrying about why so-and-so was lurking around behind some bushes.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll be back w/ something more to say later.  I would like to add that I stand by my previous comments about Milwaukee and Summerfest in general.

I'm a monkey?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[imbro]
Only whites can be racist.  Blacks are merely expressing their righteous outrage at three centuries of enslavement and oppression.
[/imbro]
View Quote

[size=6]BULLSHIT![/size=6]
Some of the worst racists I know are black.
View Quote

And if I may be so bold, you probably work with some of them, I'm going to guess.

QS
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Post from Dolomite -
Secondly, I would use this event to underline the vital importance of passing the Personal Protection Act as soon as possible. Afterall, would this mob have had the balls to attack people near their cars in the parking lot if they were aware that some of them were trained in defensive firearms use and legally packing a gun in their car? I think not.
View Quote

The proposed 'Personal Protection Act' only permits transporting weapons in your car? And not on your person?

Talk about crawling before you can walk!

'Legally packing' in my mind conjurs up the thought of a weapon in someone's wasteband, not under the front seat of their car!

But you're right, if this Personal Protection Act passes and is signed into law, the goblins will definitely not be attacking folks near their cars, but away from their vehicles where they will be as helpless as they so obviously are now!

My great grandmother Hun was born in Milwaukee in 1859, and I am certainly pleased that she got her Teutonic tail outta there so she could die, peacefully but well-armed, in Tolbert, Texas, in 1925!

Her skills with a rifle are the stuff of family legends, and one of my cousins still has a lever action that she had kept by her bedside, 'fer Injuns and desperados', it is said.

Eric The(JustPassingThrough!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Mr. The Hun, Thank you for your input.

The PPA would list a music festival which serves alcohol as a prohibited place to carry.  99% of the people around the gate area of Summerfest at 11:00 at night would be leaving the Summerfest grounds, and unless they were LE they'd be unarmed.

My assertion was that if the criminals intercepted people on the way to their cars, that naturally there would be some potential victims that had already made it to their vehicles (where a licensed CCW would naturally keep their weapon).  Hopefully, at that point an armed citizen intervention would've occurred.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I for one don't consider Dolomite a Troll.
View Quote

That's your opinion, the two of you seem sympatico: same stomping grounds and outlook. As someone whose contribution to the thread was to laugh at dolomite's jokes, express your ignorance (which I hope I was able to help you out with), or question bendover over the Cinci riot - while saying nothing about the issue at hand - I can't say I'm really surprised.

I based that conclusion about dolomite FROM WHAT HE HAS SAID. Dolomite on the other hand pulls his conclusions from OUT OF HIS ASS (must be because you can't get the gross assumptions he makes from the thread author's story):

On the other hand, if this guy had a few too many barley pops and wanted to stir up a little shit with a group of "yutes", a beating might do him some good (as I'm sure it did for me as a drunk, rambunctious youth terrorizing the parks adjacent Lake Michigan).
View Quote

Sounds like your hero is on the same wavelength as our victimizing, misunderstood youth in thekill's report. I guess he just got older and now has to find a different outlet here for his aggression and stereotyping of the racists in milwaukee. Lucky us.

I think he made an honest conclusion based on the sister-brother's-cousin's-friend's-whatever multiple seperation hearsay.
View Quote

That wasn't it at all. Go back and read it. More like a mockery complete with a half-dozen unnecessary snide and sarcastic little racial   comments and innuendo thrown in, based on his own stereotyped analysis of why the thugs in question would simply not be there in the first place.

Not exactly a simple query, but a scornful and belittling rant. But take that with a tablesopon of salt from a hick "from the hee-haw crowd."

If someone you don't know told you that his friend's cousin bought a M-16 for $200 how likely are you to believe that story?
View Quote

Equating the likelyhood of buying m-16 for $200 to a gang of young black "youths" going on a "wilding" is a really brain-dead comparison to make. Which do you think happens more often these days? Perhaps you're right and they're both just as completely far-fetched.

But now that the incident has actually been reported the real conversation can begin rather than continueing to flame one another.
View Quote

I thought it was a real conversation, and treated him with respect until I read his reply to rn45. That told me everything I need to know. I do appreciate him dispensing with the charade however. It's good to know the trolls who don't really give a fuck about what they are pretending to. Keep shoveling away, dolomite x.  

What do you think about what happened and what needs to be done?
View Quote

I already explained (on page 2) why I think such reports are important, and not just the unconstructive racial paranoia and stereotyping dolomite would like to dismiss them as.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I used to be a "Youth Counselor" in Milwaukee back in my  college days and also worked at a northside establishment as a bouncer.
The cops are pretty much hobbled in Milwaukee by white liberals and black racist activists, a policy established back in the liberated 60's, by Father Groppi and ilk. It gets worse daily imo...When you allow predators to run loose without consequences and teach them the righteousness of their own predation in your institutions you also teach their prey to accept the justice of their own vicimization and lull them into passivity and fear.Couple this with the overt prosecution of any victim trying to protect himself and loved ones and you have the perfect setup for what happend..The festival partakers at summer fest greatly outnumberd the black predators...yet no one organized and fought back against a band of criminals attacking innocents...instead choosing to rely on the protection of security guards who are also either hobbled or who identified with the assailants (at least in spirit)..
Guns in cars is stupid imo...and will only result in more car break-ins searching for guns...the place for a protection weapon is on the person.
But you also must have judges who honor the right of the individual to protect himself his loved ones and his property...and who drop violent scum into prisons never to return..via the death penalty..
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mr. The Hun, Thank you for your input.

The PPA would list a music festival which serves alcohol as a prohibited place to carry.  99% of the people around the gate area of Summerfest at 11:00 at night would be leaving the Summerfest grounds, and unless they were LE they'd be unarmed.

My assertion was that if the criminals intercepted people on the way to their cars, that naturally there would be some potential victims that had already made it to their vehicles (where a licensed CCW would naturally keep their weapon).  Hopefully, at that point an armed citizen intervention would've occurred.
View Quote

Youve got your designated drivers...time for designated CCW's
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh, and Dolomite? From one little bitch to another: [img]http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/countdown.gif[/img]

Have a great day!

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm gratified that you were hurt by my "Hee Haw" slant.  

Pussy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Guns in cars is stupid imo...and will only result in more car break-ins searching for guns...the place for a protection weapon is on the person.
View Quote

Agreed. The Place for personal protection is on the person.  However the PPA, which is modeled after a lot successful CCW laws, would not legally allow licensees to carry at an organized music festival which serves alcohol.  This sucks I know.  The next logical place to keep your roscoe, if you intend to leave home with it, becomes your personal conveyance.

Regardless, the true benefit of CCW comes from the criminal knowing that there are trained and armed citizens on the streets with them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Dolomite, I appreciate your apology.  Note that the reason I was a little miffed, is that I would not have posted this if I didn't consider it to be 100% reliable information.  I felt it called my integrity out a little bit.

That said, you are 100% correct, Jones has to go.  One problem is (and I don't want anyone offended but it's the truth), he is black!  Nobody wants to spend the political capital it will take to remove him OR spend the taxpayer's money to defend against the lawsuit he is sure to file.  Mayor Norquist is on thin ice with the sex scandal.  I don't know what the City COuncil is doing, but I don't think they will say "boo" unless Norquist gives them permission.

You know what?  It really pisses me off.  It is easier to get a good job right now if you are black or hispanic than it is if you are white.  Two generations of adults now (including me) grew up in mixed or integrated schools and neighborhoods, and harbor no ill will toward anyone because of the color of their skin.  I don't give a shit what "color" you are.  I have worked, played, and drank with black men.  Furthermore, the vast majority of people I know, have worked, played, or associated with, feel the same way.  Did we accomplish this just so the black community can hate us now?

If SHTF in Milwaukee, this will be what causes it.  And Jones will be right in the middle!!!

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I for one don't consider Dolomite a Troll.
View Quote

That's your opinion, the two of you seem sympatico: same stomping grounds and outlook. As someone whose contribution to the thread was to laugh at dolomite's jokes, express your ignorance (which I hope I was able to help you out with), or question bendover over the Cinci riot - while saying nothing about the issue at hand - I can't say I'm really surprised.
View Quote

First off, why would I need to say anything more than what I already said?  Just because I didn't add to your little pissing contest doesn't mean that I don't have my opinions.  I couldn't care less if what I said doesn't suprise you.  

But the truth of the matter is that I have had the occasion to meet with Dolomite a couple of times (PPA support rally at the state capital building) and shot an IDPA match with him a few weeks ago.  If all I want to do is post to laugh at his jokes, than that's what I'm going to do.  You can take it how you like, but your inuendo is not lost.  

I thank you for helping me understand what June 19th symbolizes for the black community, but what the hell does me asking side questions have anything to do with the discussion at hand?  Deny everything and make counter accusations?  Red herring?  There are better ways to make your point.

I based that conclusion about dolomite FROM WHAT HE HAS SAID. Dolomite on the other hand pulls his conclusions from OUT OF HIS ASS (must be because you can't get the gross assumptions he makes from the thread author's story):
View Quote

Dude, you're taking things far too seriously.  Please try to read the underlying sarcasm of what people are trying to say.

Sounds like your hero is on the same wavelength as our victimizing, misunderstood youth in thekill's report. I guess he just got older and now has to find a different outlet here for his aggression and stereotyping of the racists in milwaukee. Lucky us.
View Quote

Dolomite... [sigh]...my hero. [:I]

That wasn't it at all. Go back and read it. More like a mockery complete with a half-dozen unnecessary snide and sarcastic little racial   comments and innuendo thrown in, based on his own stereotyped analysis of why the thugs in question would simply not be there in the first place.
View Quote

Perhaps I'm wrong and you can read the sarcasm.  But you've been played and you don't even realize it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Listen, I understand where all that uncalled for scorn and resentment comes from... you secretly wished you could have joined the youths in their fun, like the old glory days of terrorizing innocent bystanders in the park... but you're now much older and a shut-in trapped on the computer, with only your treasured memories and us. Kinda like that parapalegic Bernard Goetz shot in the subway. These things happen. Get your jollies where you can. [;)]

Quoted:
I'm gratified that you were hurt by my "Hee Haw" slant.  

Pussy.
View Quote

Hurt? Never. That and whatever else you've said were not personal attacks. If they were you could get kicked off the board! We're just a couple of old friends here shooting the breeze.

Dickless.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#26]
[size=1]poopee head[/size=1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#27]
OK, OK.  I'm sorry.  You have a right to rail on me.

I'm sorry.I'm sorry.I'm sorry.I'm sorry.I'm sorry.I'm sorry.I'm sorry.I'm sorry.  I am so sorry.
[img]http://www.gilmarc.com/pages/paul/pw1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Muad: You know dolomite. I don't. If he's credible to you, that's great. I only go by what people write. If he's the most conservative, right's defending, responsibility demanding patriot; more [i]blanco[/i] (to use his terms) than the hills in Italy he's named himself after... and not some "get whitey - it's all a racist conspiracy" Malcom X wannabe... I don't really care! He's already admitted/suggested more than enough to be taken seriously on this topic. You guys have a nice time on your next outing.

Oh, and contrary to his "I can take it" attitude, he's very thin skinned, as his whiney "little bitches" name calling proved true enough.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh, and contrary to his "I can take it" attitude, he's very thin skinned, as his whiney "little bitches" name calling proved true enough.
View Quote

Shooter, my previous "lil' bee-yotch" comment was directed to SuperStorm, or whatever his name was, when he said that 'I was going to die with the rest of them' thingy.  I decided to take that whole issue off line by offering him a chance to live out his fantasy.  That's over with as far as this post is concerned.

And hey, I never said I didn't like white people anywhere did I?  I work with whites, I have whites for friends, in fact, both of my parents were white.  If I can't poke a little fun at my own people, I just might have to go off and have that operation that'll make me Irish.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Shooter, my previous "lil' bee-yotch" comment was directed to SuperStorm, or whatever his name was, when he said that 'I was going to die with the rest of them' thingy.  I decided to take that whole issue off line by offering him a chance to live out his fantasy.  That's over with as far as this post is concerned.
View Quote

As I was the one who called you the troll I thought I was included. Now I feel left out. [:(]

I just might have to go off and have that operation that'll make me Irish.
View Quote

Careful, you might end up like Michael Jackson.

Alright, I'm done with this too. See you around the asylum, slimshady.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#31]
i love this picture:

[img]home.wi.rr.com/antigov/killwhitey.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#32]
ROTFLMFAO!

I'm with Muad -- the vast majority of Dolo's posts leave me laughting.  He's a good guy and very funny.  And one hell of a shot.

Kind'a glad that shooter69 is keeping his sense of humor about this.  [:)]

Gotta be one of the best flame threads I've read recently!  You guys will probably end up buying each other a few beers at the '03 BRC.

[beer]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top