Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/8/2002 6:05:22 PM EDT
OK Guys, I was thinking about my dog and his chances in a SHTF scenario...and I need some advice here. Specifically, it's about his collar and tags. Should I leave his tags on at night, or give him the stealthy advantage of free-balling it? I also worry that an attacker could grab his collar and choke him with it or otherwise restrain him. Yes or no to the collar and tags at night? While we're on the topic of collars and tags, should I look for a parkerized metal collar or a BDU-style fabric collar? The parkerized collar would have less glare, but the BDU fabric collar would offer the dog more resistance to IR cams and such. In addition, it seems that the fabric would be more quiet as well. Also, in the event he were captured as a POW during a SHTF situation, I would worry that any information on his dog tags would be used against me. This is why all of his dog tag info is completely bogus- it's actually the neighbor's info. Those doggie microchips are also a gov conspiracy- stay clear of those. Finally, I would like some advice on having my SHTF dog neutered. I see that having his testicles (they are quite sizable) hanging could be a tactical problem- ie crawling under/over barb wire or jumping over fences. Also, a trained opponent (Blue helmet dog) would know to attack this weak area. What do you guys think? Is my dog prepared for a SHTF situation, or is he not going to survive TEOTWAWKI? PS- Still looking to find a tin foil hat that will fit him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:11:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:32:18 PM EDT
This was a joke...nobody could have POSSIBLY taken this seriosly- I would hope. Oh boy, on second thought there is that asscricket anti-gov-tin whatever guy out there, as well as BOG probably still lurking. Hey, maybe BOG= tin foil man??? Anyone else care to speculate?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:51:28 PM EDT
LOL
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:25:44 PM EDT
I find the the tags don't make any noise when the dog sleeps all day. [:)] [img]http://www.fate.com/images/guarddog.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:23:43 PM EDT
I have called in quite a few dogs, once an Australian sheepdog that looked just like a coyote in the early morning light. The only thing that saved him, was the collar around it's neck. Keep it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:38:32 AM EDT
Qwijibo--- that pic is PRICELESS!
Top Top