Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2002 5:27:57 AM EDT
MADD Canada has been running ads insulting Firearm owners for quite some time.  Including TV and posters.

Do they run the same ads in the USA??  I could not find them on the USA website.

[img]http://www.dxshop.com/madd/images/products/901404712P-2.jpg[/img]
Just one more for the road"...a young girl's picture.
24.5" x 31"
This image delivers a very powerful message.
For classroom, office or any other display - this poster sends a real message

[img]http://www.dxshop.com/madd/images/products/901320516P-1.gif[/img]

You cannot read it but the gun in the poster is model "666"
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, have not seen this add in the USA.

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
And please dont give our soccer moms any damn ideals!

[thinking]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
they already have ideals:  poor ones.  ones that result in more victims and less personal responsibility.

but, i agree that we shouldn't give them any more ideas of bashing gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Down here, we've formed our own group. DAMM.
Drunks Against Madd Mothers. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I especially like the "noose keychain", that is connected to a bullet in the Martini glass...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Down here, we've formed our own group. DAMM.
Drunks Against Madd Mothers. [:D]
View Quote

rotflmao[:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#7]
ARLady, could you expand a little on what you said?  That's a line of reasoning I haven't heard before and now I'm curious.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#8]
The sybolism is hurting my eyes!!!

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#9]
At least you will not see any posters like that in the U.S. schools!!! Photos or drawings of guns in schools are almost verboten.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
We Canadians have been calling emailing and faxing them to STOP putting up these posters and to stop airing the TV commercial that demonizes firearm owners for years...to no avail.

When you call they say that they are stopping...but they do not.

Feel free to drop them a line on their donation page..

[url]http://www.madd.ca/donate/form.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet Libertarians hate MADD.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Avtomat:  "I bet Libertarians hate MADD."  

Darn skippy!  MADD supports gestapo-like "sobriety" checkpoints which allow the Stasi to go on fishing expeditions for whatever they decide ("Vhere are your papers, komrad?"). They support Federal extortion to raise the drinking age,lower the BAC & outlaw open containers for passengers.  If you're old enuff to vote & serve & possibly die for your country you're more than old enuff to drink a beer.  The open container bit is just silly, why should it matter if the guy in the passenger seat is drinking if the driver isn't?  MADD is made up of the same sheeplike breeders that support the Millon Mom March.  I look forward to whenever I come across these stupid cows so I can tell them off about their statist BS.  And the kicker is, I don't even drink.  A 6-pack of beer would probably last me a whole year or more.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Avtomat:  "I bet Libertarians hate MADD."  

Darn skippy!  MADD supports gestapo-like "sobriety" checkpoints which allow the Stasi to go on fishing expeditions for whatever they decide ("Vhere are your papers, komrad?"). They support Federal extortion to raise the drinking age,lower the BAC & outlaw open containers for passengers.  If you're old enuff to vote & serve & possibly die for your country you're more than old enuff to drink a beer.  The open container bit is just silly, why should it matter if the guy in the passenger seat is drinking if the driver isn't?  MADD is made up of the same sheeplike breeders that support the Millon Mom March.  I look forward to whenever I come across these stupid cows so I can tell them off about their statist BS.  And the kicker is, I don't even drink.  A 6-pack of beer would probably last me a whole year or more.  
View Quote
I bet they don't like drunk driving laws because drunk driving is a victimless crime; I hear libertarians are against those.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like a California Ad. It wouldn't last beyond the first screening in TX. Now an ad
of someone shooting a drunk driver might work.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#17]
VA-gunnut:  "I will also add that I think anyone who would DUI or supports people who DUI are no better then pedophiles, or worthess scum like that and they wouldn't be worth the piss it would take to put them out if they were on fire. "  

Who in the cornbread hell said anything about being in favor of DUI?  That's about as asnine as the pinko liberal assertiom that if you don't click your heals together, snap to attention & support their radical neopagan enviromentalist crap you want to kill Mother Earth.  Or oppossing the Million Mom Marchers means you dance with glee everytime some kid gets shot.    
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Kinda funny that some years ago the founding Mother of this group was herself arrested for a DUI.Candy Lightner was thrown out of her clique on her arse.
Drinking an Driving is a poor human choice.Been there done it...an don't want to go back....I'z just drink alone now!...HEHEHEHE!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I bet they don't like drunk driving laws because drunk driving is a victimless crime; I hear libertarians are against those.
View Quote

As a libertarian, I am all for laws against drunk driving.  Drunk driving is not a victimless crime.  Sure, the drunk may make it home without killing anyone but he is still engaging in reckless endagerment.  I don't want laws against alcohol, I don't want laws against cars, but I think laws against combining the two are valid.  I do not think sobriety checkpoints are OK because they are a violation of the fourth ammendment.

I actually didn't disagree with the original MADD that much (other than I am against most moral crusaders) because they weren't out to regulate alcohol, just a media blitz against bad behavior.  Of course like anything it gets corrupted by people more into the process than the goal.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sure, the drunk may make it home without killing anyone but he is still engaging in reckless endagerment.  
View Quote
Sounds good to me. The same could be said about drugs, btw.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I donate a sixer of Busch tallboys to DAMM! Where do I send 'em?

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure, the drunk may make it home without killing anyone but he is still engaging in reckless endagerment.  
View Quote
Sounds good to me. The same could be said about drugs, btw.
View Quote

you just made his point for him.  nothing wrong with outlawing being doped up on heroin and driving a car, but why is it any of the government's business if you want to fry your brain on heroin?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Even if they tax the stuff... it will come nowhere near the cashola they can put in their coffers for the [b]"war on drugs"[/b]. Remember, there a hundred ways to skim off the top.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#25]
jtw...what is wrong is that I will end up paying taxes in order for some nurse to change your shitty diapers because you fired your brain.

Now if you allowed me to kill off all the twits that fried their brains and could not funcition.....smoke away!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top