Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 152
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, if you've worked for 30 years, every nickel you made for approximately ten of those years went to Uncle Sam.

" Tax Freedom Day "
View Quote

Not if you have a good tax planning strategy.

ETA - Page 100 rentage.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So, if you've worked for 30 years, every nickel you made for approximately ten of those years went to Uncle Sam.

" Tax Freedom Day "
View Quote

Put another way.  You're a free-range slave who works a third of your time for your masters.   What's really sad is the fact this hasn't been enough.  Your masters have sold your children's, and grandchildren's labor to satisfy their wants.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Head on down to HR and see what the pensions / benefits of being a servitude man include ...

A sick twist on being a "gov't worker" ... the folks that have to pay for working, not get paid to work.  

"This court now sentences you to community service for the first week of every three weeks ... for the rest of your natural life.
And if you don't turn in every nickel you make that week, we'll send people that we pay with your own money to come look for you."

ETA - Go Galt now and beat the rush.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

" Tax Freedom Day "

Put another way.  You're a free-range slave who works a third of your time for your masters.   What's really sad is the fact this hasn't been enough.  Your masters have sold your children's, and grandchildren's labor to satisfy their wants.  

Head on down to HR and see what the pensions / benefits of being a servitude man include ...

A sick twist on being a "gov't worker" ... the folks that have to pay for working, not get paid to work.  

"This court now sentences you to community service for the first week of every three weeks ... for the rest of your natural life.
And if you don't turn in every nickel you make that week, we'll send people that we pay with your own money to come look for you."

Didn't they shut down the mob for 'protection' schemes like this? Oh yeah I forgot...'don't steal, the government hates competition'.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Agreed. Frankly, although I use the term "Ocommie" as a pejorative, the fact remains he is of the Marxist, Lenin/Stalin, Politburo ilk who thinks because everything has been handed to him on a silver platter all his life that he should be free to dictate to you how to live yours. I'm unconvinced that it is possible to "retake control" of our government from the "authoritarians" of all stripes prior to a major catastrophe of some sort. Not sure whether it will be an economic collapse, an out-of-control .gov really stupid move, or some other trigger.

Eventually, the wallflower majority will realize that if they don't actually get off their duffs and DO something, that they will end up as an inhabitant of a third world has-been nation. It remains to be seen when that will occur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would agree with much of what you've written.  But one point I must argue against.

Barack Obama, and his ilk, aren't liberal.  You can call them a lot of things, authoritarians, elitist, fascists, but they're not liberal, not really, not in the true sense of that word. Obama is one in a long line of authoritarians that have gutted America.  Had it not been for those that came before, some of them called "conservative", Obama would not have the power he has now.  

Until Americans wake-up and recognize the root cause of this disaster, we're doomed to repeat it, over and over again. The root cause is a violent, authoritarian, government, that has become too big, and too complex.  

If your life depends on electing the "right politician", then your government is too big and powerful.  True evil is the initiation of violence, and coercion.  

The only thing that can save America, is the same thing that made her great, INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM.  

Agreed. Frankly, although I use the term "Ocommie" as a pejorative, the fact remains he is of the Marxist, Lenin/Stalin, Politburo ilk who thinks because everything has been handed to him on a silver platter all his life that he should be free to dictate to you how to live yours. I'm unconvinced that it is possible to "retake control" of our government from the "authoritarians" of all stripes prior to a major catastrophe of some sort. Not sure whether it will be an economic collapse, an out-of-control .gov really stupid move, or some other trigger.

Eventually, the wallflower majority will realize that if they don't actually get off their duffs and DO something, that they will end up as an inhabitant of a third world has-been nation. It remains to be seen when that will occur.

For a modern day example, how has Argentina fared in their "reclaiming" of a once prosperous society?
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#6]

The Real Numbers Behind The US Economy Phony Recovery

snip...

"The  bottom 90% of the population - people in 9 houses out of 10 - have 10% less  income than they had 10 years ago.

This is  not a success story. It's a disaster. And not one that tempts us into an  overvalued US stock market."

High-Treason

F'in Pimps

Link Posted: 12/19/2013 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

For a modern day example, how has Argentina fared in their "reclaiming" of a once prosperous society?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Originally Posted By planemaker:

Quoted:

I would agree with much of what you've written.  But one point I must argue against.

Barack Obama, and his ilk, aren't liberal.  You can call them a lot of things, authoritarians, elitist, fascists, but they're not liberal, not really, not in the true sense of that word. Obama is one in a long line of authoritarians that have gutted America.  Had it not been for those that came before, some of them called "conservative", Obama would not have the power he has now.  

Until Americans wake-up and recognize the root cause of this disaster, we're doomed to repeat it, over and over again. The root cause is a violent, authoritarian, government, that has become too big, and too complex.  

If your life depends on electing the "right politician", then your government is too big and powerful.  True evil is the initiation of violence, and coercion.  

The only thing that can save America, is the same thing that made her great, INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM.  

I have friends who've own property in Argentina.  They say it's great, the government really doesn't have much influence outside the major cities.  The government is always run by corrupt, narcissistic, crooks. (Not much different than here).  They end of driving the government bankrupt and destroying the economy and then the next group of narcissistic, sociopathic, criminals comes into power and repeats the process.  But again that's okay because their power doesn't reach far.  

They say the major cities are nice to visit but avoid living in them, away from them it's rather peaceful.    
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By shrikefan:
Didn't they shut down the mob for 'protection' schemes like this? Oh yeah I forgot...'don't steal, the government hates competition'.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shrikefan:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

" Tax Freedom Day "

Yep.  Step back and take a good look at the government, take away the uniforms, flags, and anthems, and what do you have?  The Mafia.

Link Posted: 12/19/2013 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By glockO:

The Real Numbers Behind The US Economy Phony Recovery

snip...

View Quote

"The  bottom 90% of the population - people in 9 houses out of 10 - have 10% less  income than they had 10 years ago.

This is  not a success story. It's a disaster. And not one that tempts us into an  overvalued US stock market."

High-Treason

F'in Pimps

We're on a long slow slide to....
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They say the major cities are nice to visit but avoid living in them, away from them it's rather peaceful.    

Aren't they currently in turmoil again?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

" Tax Freedom Day "

ding, ding, ding...winner, winner, chicken diner.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have friends who've own property in Argentina.  They say it's great, the government really doesn't have much influence outside the major cities.  The government is always run by corrupt, narcissistic, crooks. (Not much different than here).  They end of driving the government bankrupt and destroying the economy and then the next group of narcissistic, sociopathic, criminals comes into power and repeats the process.  But again that's okay because their power doesn't reach far.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can remember a time when Argentina had the only credible aerospace ability in South America, and produced some pretty good aircraft. All that has been destroyed by the government(s) there. Even there, there will likely come a time when the people are fed up enough to do something. Given the recent lawlessness in Cordoba (2nd largest city), I would say that time is not all that far away.

Here, we have much more of an --ability-- to change the course of our government. The question really is, when will we have the --will-- to change it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]

I can remember a time when Argentina had the only credible aerospace ability in South America, and produced some pretty good aircraft. All that has been destroyed by the government(s) there. Even there, there will likely come a time when the people are fed up enough to do something. Given the recent lawlessness in Cordoba (2nd largest city), I would say that time is not all that far away.
Here, we have much more of an --ability-- to change the course of our government. The question really is, when will we have the --will-- to change it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

To be honest, it's not that bad outside the cities.   They have a luxury community, where they maintain their own services, and the government doesn't bother them.  They watch the drama of collapse every decade or so.  

I think we are so indoctrinated to believe we need them to live.  The truth is we don't.  Which is why during the government "shut down", they shut down all the parks, I think closing the "outside" was a ridiculously obvious ploy to make people feel the government shutdown.  The truth is we don't NEED them as much as we think we need them.  They're desperately afraid we'll figure that out.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2013 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

To be honest, it's not that bad outside the cities.   They have a luxury community, where they maintain their own services, and the government doesn't bother them.  They watch the drama of collapse every decade or so.  

I think we are so indoctrinated to believe we need them to live.  The truth is we don't.  Which is why during the government "shut down", they shut down all the parks, I think closing the "outside" was a ridiculously obvious ploy to make people feel the government shutdown.  The truth is we don't NEED them as much as we think we need them.  They're desperately afraid we'll figure that out.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am going to have to disagree on this. Approximately 75% of the people do need the government - 50% who depend on it for handouts and 25% who are employed by the government (local, state, and federal).
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Appropriate for this thread.

http://www.ntrc.info/doorbell.html
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Appropriate for this thread.

http://www.ntrc.info/doorbell.html
View Quote

Hmmm...as I understand children can't enter into legally binding contracts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#17]
What, no post on the QE tapering yet?
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#20]
More anecdotal financial news. As most of us know, today is unofficially known as "Exchange Day" for retailers. It is said some years to be the second busiest day of the shopping season. If that's the case, then there are a lot of retailers around here that are in deep squid. The local wallyworlds typically have corded line markers for the customer service counter to handle all the returns. This year, nothing. Not even that busy. Went to a Target, same thing, not that many people and few returns. Not sure whether this is a local phenomenon or more widespread. I guess we'll see if one of my predictions comes true about one or more major retailers calling it quits in January. I don't know if the lack of post-Christmas shoppers is due to the lack of pre-Christmas shoppers/sales, better buying choices this year (ie fewer f-ups), or folks just tapped out already coming in to the end of the month.

I guess what I'm seeing is the reason for this story: Retailers offering mad discounts to lure broke shoppers into store
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

" Tax Freedom Day "

nice, I'll be using that analogy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
More anecdotal financial news. As most of us know, today is unofficially known as "Exchange Day" for retailers. It is said some years to be the second busiest day of the shopping season. If that's the case, then there are a lot of retailers around here that are in deep squid. The local wallyworlds typically have corded line markers for the customer service counter to handle all the returns. This year, nothing. Not even that busy. Went to a Target, same thing, not that many people and few returns. Not sure whether this is a local phenomenon or more widespread. I guess we'll see if one of my predictions comes true about one or more major retailers calling it quits in January. I don't know if the lack of post-Christmas shoppers is due to the lack of pre-Christmas shoppers/sales, better buying choices this year (ie fewer f-ups), or folks just tapped out already coming in to the end of the month.

I guess what I'm seeing is the reason for this story: Retailers offering mad discounts to lure broke shoppers into store
View Quote

I read an article where some retailers were offering after Christmas sale prices before Christmas.

When are people going to wake up and realize the truth behind all the smoke and mirrors?
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

" Tax Freedom Day "

lol.  Since you see what I see. You will be the next company i buy from. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hollywood brought in some big, big money this year ... 11 billion dollars.

Uncle Sam owes a "reported" 17,000 billion dollars ...

... nothing more to report.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The year 2013 looks poised to go down in the history books as the biggest domestic box office year in history, as the industry is expected to haul in close to $11 billion by Dec. 31.

Trillion my friend, trillion
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The year 2013 looks poised to go down in the history books as the biggest domestic box office year in history, as the industry is expected to haul in close to $11 billion by Dec. 31.

17,000 billion = 17 trillion
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

It's "The Secret" monetary policy.   Like the book "The Secret", it is based on the belief that all we need to do is believe "it", and we can make it so.  Hell, it's been the monetary policy for decades.   Well, guess what, it never really worked before, and it not going too work now.

Walmart, McDonalds, Macy, Apple Store, Wells Fargo retail branch sales, call center, and all the myriad of other crappy paying retail and service employees created during this recovery, can't really afford that many of the products the economy is pushing.  Not without credit.  

Take away credit and it all falls apart, new car, home, AND retail sales.  The stock market is booming, but it's being fed pumped by tens of billions of dollars in cash each and every month.   The taper is a fantasy.  The market is taking off because of the big announcement that it has begun.  But that is nothing more than a hopeful relief rally...hoping the fed actually can exist the market.  

But it can't.  Sure they'll try to "taper", but it will never end.  Forget the Fed Funds Rate that's useless now, we'll never again see it as an effective, or normal tool of monetary policy. NOW we've moved to the next level of absurdity.  Now the only tool will be how much the Fed will print to buy mortgage backed bonds, and Treasuries bill, notes, and bond.  They'll use it like they once used the fed discount window.  

That's the new tool...hell, the only tool left for the Fed.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Q, how does China's printing 17 trillion bucks to our 2 trillion bucks play into things ?
View Quote

Well, for one thing, it has allowed them to create the so-called "ghost cities". Interestingly, unlike in the US where virtually all of the printed money from the Fed has gone to the top banks, which then turned around and gambled with it in the stock and commodities markets, much of the Chinese money appears to have been used to make things. One would be right to question the sanity of creating literally thousands of offices, condos, roads, schools, etc. where no one will inhabit, but at least it was actual production. The other part of the printed Chinese money has gone into acquiring massive quantities of raw materials over time and creating "licensed manufacturing" of foreign-designed products. They've been acquiring and stockpiling massive amounts of steel, copper, aluminum, as well as PMs like gold and silver, almost like they're preparing for war. The "licensed manufacturing" is a charade for stealing the technologies and production secrets of an all-too-willing multi-national corporation wanting to get a piece of the "huge Chinese domestic market". (Um, there is virtually no domestic market in China. Half the population lives in remote areas and would rather the government leave them alone and the vast majority of the rest work as slaves in a factory which is either partly owned or run by the Chinese Government. There is a microscopically small group of people in China who are wealthy, most fabulously so, but they are part of the ruling elite.) The remaining parts of the printed Chinese money has gone towards supporting their military industrial complex, which remains a drain on their economy.

The gold acquisition has been staggering, at roughly 2500 tonnes per year for a decade. This is in addition to their domestically produced gold. My guess is that they plan to get to a point where they have sufficient gold to issue a gold-backed currency, or back the yuan with gold. If that happens, the dollar is done and the yuan instantly becomes the world's reserve currency. And we are totally and irrevocably fooked.

It is difficult for most financial analysts to figure out exactly what's going on in China since the government controls both the people and the flow of information. It's entirely possible that there are massive asset bubbles in China that would dwarf the ones here. But again, it's all paper wealth (or lack thereof) and if it all comes crashing down, the vast majority of Chinese will see no difference whatsoever. There is also a school of thought that says the Chinese deliberately debase their currency so as to make their products cheaper to the West. If inflation hurts the Chinese people, the government there doesn't care. If the Chinese drive out of business many of their western counterparts by undercutting their labor cost and manufacturing cost, the Chinese government considers that a win. Notice they've also been buying up things like food producers (like our local Smithfield Foods) along with others. If they can incapacitate the West by not firing a shot, why would they not do that? Their horizon of vision is decades, not quarters. Keep in mind that there is NO large Chinese corporation that is not partly owned or controlled by the communist government. So when a Chinese firm buys a US firm, we have to view the acquisition from the standpoint of why the Chinese government would want to do such a thing. So, printed money being used to either drown out US firms, or if that fails, buy them out, appears to be their overall plan.

So far, I'd say their plan seems to be working splendidly. Countries like the US, Japan, and the EU are all trying to outprint each other in a race to the bottom. These "currency wars" will end badly. The only question is when.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Q, how does China's printing 17 trillion bucks to our 2 trillion bucks play into things ?
View Quote

I'm not familiar with that number.  Can you provide a source?  

If it's referring to the fact that China is worse off than we are, it's right on the mark.  China has roughly 1.3 billion people, most of them living outside the cities.  These people still have a very meager standard of living, and by the looks of it, manufacturing isn't going to provide them with a way out of poverty.  The lack of transportation infrastructure efficiently connecting these areas with the coastal ports, and the fact that technology and automation efficiencies are even making cheap labor too expensive, is going to make it hard going for hundreds of millions of Chinese.   As a result, while China's central government may have a relatively low level of debt, it's provincial governments have a real debt problem.  Its economy has its own debt and real estate problem.

The world is going to have to answer the question; What do we do when we just don't need as many people as we once did?   Even the "Ivy League ruling class" is producing more would be captains of the universe than we need.  

The velocity of money has slowed, and is pooling in established, entitled ponds.  We need boom and busts to shake it up.  We need these old established oligarchs to fail, we need creative destruction.

Old growth forest need the occasional fire to renew themselves.  Society is no different.

Link Posted: 12/27/2013 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View Quote

China Working Quietly To Buy Up Gold

Chinese To Spend Billions On American Real Estate

China's Building Cities So Fast, People Don't Have Time to Move In

U.S. Official Warns About China's Military Buildup

in contrast:

$3.39T Quantitative Explosion: Fed Owns More Treasuries and ...

Treasury Scarcity to Grow as Fed Buys 90% of New Bonds

WSJ:

Fed Buying 61 Percent of US Debt

The student loan bubble is starting to burst

Manipulation: China has created Bubbles by buying Real Assets, while 'WE' have created Bubbles by Buying Debt?

Reality: As China continues to 'Modernize' their growing pains have yet to really begin, but their Art of the Illusion can never be questioned unless a Citizenry demands it, since they are Communists; A 'Conflict' will probably be their Cover.

OUR Pimps are bought an paid for, since China's actions go unchecked & never really questioned.

Some are better at this game of Smoke & Mirrors than others

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The world is going to have to answer the question;

What do we do when we just don't need as many people as we once did?
View Quote

No Q, the world does not; it cannot. Mankind in toto  cannot ever answer your question. There are, however, those amongst us who see it as their birthright to decisively answer the question you pose for the rest of us 7 billion humans.

Note the 1st Article inscribed on the "Guidestone" above.

Take utmost care and be ever piercing in your vigilance, Folks. Persons of such mindset I am now posting about are the greatest threat to the rest of us mere masses...
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#34]
..."Death solves all problems - no man, no problem." -Joseph Stalin
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's "The Secret" monetary policy.   Like the book "The Secret", it is based on the belief that all we need to do is believe "it", and we can make it so.  Hell, it's been the monetary policy for decades.   Well, guess what, it never really worked before, and it not going too work now.

Walmart, McDonalds, Macy, Apple Store, Wells Fargo retail branch sales, call center, and all the myriad of other crappy paying retail and service employees created during this recovery, can't really afford that many of the products the economy is pushing.  Not without credit.  

Take away credit and it all falls apart, new car, home, AND retail sales.  The stock market is booming, but it's being fed pumped by tens of billions of dollars in cash each and every month.   The taper is a fantasy.  The market is taking off because of the big announcement that it has begun.  But that is nothing more than a hopeful relief rally...hoping the fed actually can exist the market.  

But it can't.  Sure they'll try to "taper", but it will never end.  Forget the Fed Funds Rate that's useless now, we'll never again see it as an effective, or normal tool of monetary policy. NOW we've moved to the next level of absurdity.  Now the only tool will be how much the Fed will print to buy mortgage backed bonds, and Treasuries bill, notes, and bond.  They'll use it like they once used the fed discount window.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

that tool will only work for as long as the dollar is the world's reserve currency.

as soon as we have to pay an exchange rate to buy oil on the world market, that tool will no longer exist and interest rates and inflation will skyrocket out of control.

already half of the world no longer uses the dollar. The other half is the half we prop up with dollars in the form of aid.

the fed only has half a tool left.

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#36]
A different perspective I never really heard before, but it's somewhat upbeat for America.

Just passing on tidbits of what I heard, draw your own conclusions...
WE are going through a 'Retirement' Correction caused by the Baby-Boomers.

The Baby-Boomers retiring ratio to the young work force, supposed to offset their costs, have been off, but the ratio should reverse over the next few  years, the 30-55 age group; The Triangle walls bowed in but are starting to straighten out.
Different People have been telling me that Technology will lead the next wave of growth, as it usually does, needed over the next 10-12 years, i.e. 3D Printers (Printers that can print an identical operating printer, parts *think space exploration, even food?), Robotics, Computer/Network Security, to try and keep up with the fast changes coming.

100 years worth of advancement happening at a very rapid rate over the next 10 years, thanks to the coming technological advancements; Of course a lot of bad could come from the new advancements.
WE are living through the early infant stages, so it's hard to imagine, but do some research; Fantasy is becoming reality.
The Part I found very interesting:

Most Nations are an Inverted Triangle, more at the top, less at the bottom.

•China will not be able to handle their Retirement, since their One child policy will leave them Empty handed in the end, i.e. always 30+ years behind the US. They are a ticking 'time bomb' waiting to go off; Very Big Demographic Troubles ahead.

•India, has the people, but things haven't changed their really for 1000 of years.

•Japan kept working hard, never making time to reproduce, so their retirees won't be readily replaced; They won't open their borders to allow workers in.

•Germany won't allow immigrants in because they are best, but they will run into problems, too.

•Canada also has major, major problems as well; 'Great' System, but won't have a enough of a working population to pay for it.

•Russia not only has a Population problem, but the next generation will be living through an AIDS/HIV Epidemic.

•Some Nations may have no choice but to Dissolve.
Hopefully, America will be/Should be the safest bet, again, and the money on the sidelines will start flowing.

As bad as things seem, the one thing WE should all learn is to keep Working Hard, at whatever WE do, and stay productive.

Focus on your future, and not your 'Sob' Story.
Position yourself and prepare yourselves for a Prosperous Future.

It's coming and those that can't/won't adapt could miss out on their full potential.
Of course, this could make an argument for the next wave of wars
Appreciate what WE have...Happy New Year!

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A different perspective I never really heard before, but it's somewhat upbeat for America.
Just passing on tidbits of what I heard, draw your own conclusions...

WE are going through a 'Retirement' Correction caused by the Baby-Boomers.
The Baby-Boomers retiring ratio to the young work force, supposed to offset their costs, have been off, but the ratio should reverse over the next few  years, the 30-55 age group; The Triangle walls bowed in but are starting to straighten out.

Different People have been telling me that Technology will lead the next wave of growth, as it usually does, needed over the next 10-12 years, i.e. 3D Printers (Printers that can print an identical operating printer, parts *think space exploration, even food?), Robotics, Computer/Network Security, to try and keep up with the fast changes coming.
100 years worth of advancement happening at a very rapid rate over the next 10 years, thanks to the coming technological advancements; Of course a lot of bad could come from the new advancements.

WE are living through the early infant stages, so it's hard to imagine, but do some research; Fantasy is becoming reality.

The Part I found very interesting:
Most Nations are an Inverted Triangle, more at the top, less at the bottom.
•China will not be able to handle their Retirement, since their One child policy will leave them Empty handed in the end, i.e. always 30+ years behind the US. They are a ticking 'time bomb' waiting to go off; Very Big Demographic Troubles ahead.
•India, has the people, but things haven't changed their really for 1000 of years.
•Japan kept working hard, never making time to reproduce, so their retirees won't be readily replaced; They won't open their borders to allow workers in.
•Germany won't allow immigrants in because they are best, but they will run into problems, too.
•Canada also has major, major problems as well; 'Great' System, but won't have a enough of a working population to pay for it.
•Russia not only has a Population problem, but the next generation will be living through an AIDS/HIV Epidemic.
•Some Nations may have no choice but to Dissolve.

Hopefully, America will be/Should be the safest bet, again, and the money on the sidelines will start flowing.
As bad as things seem, the one thing WE should all learn is to keep Working Hard, at whatever WE do, and stay productive.
Focus on your future, and not your 'Sob' Story.

Position yourself and prepare yourselves for a Prosperous Future.
It's coming and those that can't/won't adapt could miss out on their full potential.

Of course, this could make an argument for the next wave of wars

Appreciate what WE have...Happy New Year!

View Quote

$17 TRILLION in debt, with trillions more certain to come, and many TRILLIONS in unfundable entitlements, are not a "correction".  They are a death sentence for the republic.

The serious problems of other nations do not make us a success.  At best, they only make us one of the club.  At worst, they make the eventual reckoning that much more devastating.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Exactly!

Since the national past time of most of us is...

Fooling ourselves...

Don't expect anything to change for the better.

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#40]
As an example of the problem with assuming other countries' problems will cause us to be "less bad" fallacy, I would suggest looking at the export rates. I read where we export roughly 20% of many goods produced here in the US to Europe. If they tank, guess what, some fraction of 20% of the GDP parts related to exports go in the tank, too.

I am convinced that unless "we" end up electing enough actual conservatives to make a difference, our country will have an economic calamity of some sort within the next 3-5 years. If there is such a calamity, everyone will be clamoring for the .gov to fix the problem but the sudden realization that it can't be fixed without a complete reset will be, in a word, problematic. So, we have (only) two potential paths at this point. Path 1 is that enough people who've had enough elect enough people who've had enough to get just enough done to slow the train and shift into reverse before the train goes off the bridge that's out over the gorge. Path 2 is the DC elite crowd continues to kick the can until the whole thing goes completely to crap.

Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Just my opinion!
The Powers that be will never allow a reset, they will start WW3 first.
Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#42]
A lot of interesting perspectives.

My opinion is that glockO has started his New Year's celebration a couple days early.

Happy New Year! (hopefully)
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

A lot of interesting perspectives.

My opinion is that glockO has started his New Year's celebration a couple days early.

Happy New Year! (hopefully)
View Quote

ETA

Hey, Hey, don't the Messenger

Link Posted: 12/31/2013 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
$17 TRILLION in debt, with trillions more certain to come, and many TRILLIONS in unfundable entitlements, are not a "correction".  They are a death sentence for the republic.
The serious problems of other nations do not make us a success.  At best, they only make us one of the club.  At worst, they make the eventual reckoning that much more devastating.
View Quote
Soaring Interest Rates and Inflation will make those Trillions look like chump change...eventually, plus, Nation will have to implement some sort of Debt Forgiveness in order to stay relevant.

Today's Thousandaires, will be tomorrows, adjusted for inflation, Millionaires.
All WE can do is Stay Positive & self-reliant

That's the best way of telling the Political Pimps to F-off

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm amazed that some of them are admitting it.  I am truly amazed the IMF has come out and publicly said this.  One might assume it's much worse then they are admitting here.  

1930s-style debt defaults likely, says IMF research

"Many advanced economies are likely to require financial repression, outright debt restructuring, higher inflation and a variety of capital controls, a new research paper commissioned by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned.

The magnitude of today's debt in Western economies will mean fiscal austerity will not be sufficient, Harvard economists Carmen Reinhart and Kenneth Rogoff said in the report, as policymakers continue to underestimate the depth and duration of the downturn....

Debt near 200-year high"

"Debt near 200-year high" it's difficult if not impossible to compare today's world with that of 200 years ago, at least socioeconomically speaking.  So what they are really saying is that debt has never been as high as it is today.

Yet another canary has just died.

I believe you have to get free.  You have to do it asap.  That means securing a place to live, hopefully with some land.  It means trying to become as self-sufficient as possible. Which includes upgrading your own skills, and generating income independent of employment.  You have time, but you have to get moving.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#46]
UPDATE:  Billionaires Dumping Stocks...
snip...

"It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific
research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as
90%
."

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By glockO:

snip...

"It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%."

View Quote

No offense, but that same article has been recycled for a few years, it's a sales letter.  They want you to buy an ebook for $47.  If you try to leave the conversion page you can get it for $19.

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I found this incredibly interesting.  Peter Schiff makes some good points, especially about quantetive easing, bitcoin, and the coming recession.

check it out here
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I believe you have to get free.  You have to do it asap.  That means securing a place to live, hopefully with some land.  It means trying to become as self-sufficient as possible. Which includes upgrading your own skills, and generating income independent of employment.  You have time, but you have to get moving.  
View Quote

I have been working towards this goal for the last 5 years, since I "woke up" so to speak. It is maddening to me, as for the past few years I feel like I am only about a half step ahead of the game, and if I slow down in my goals, I wont make it. Just a few more years to go before I am almost as self sufficient as I can be. My wife and I pray we make it. I know that sounds a little crazy, but that is how we feel sometimes.

A few months ago, I finnally stopped watching global economic news. It has helped relieve the stress tremendously. I have my goals set forth and a timeline to complete them. I have stopped preaching to friends and family that do not get it. I have been teased by non believers and watch them continue to spend themselves well beyond their means. I simply shake my head. I think that as things continue to progess into the toilet, there will be more and more people scramble to get set up. Many do not realize just how much time and knowledge is required for even a basic sustenance living, let alone being in a position to do well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

No offense, but that same article has been recycled for a few years, it's a sales letter.  They want you to buy an ebook for $47.  If you try to leave the conversion page you can get it for $19.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip...

"It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%."

From Drudge

Page / 152
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top