Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2002 8:22:27 PM EDT
WTF ? Why would saddam send him to the US to attend flight school (As his student visa states) (Fox News) when saddam has more than enough resources to educate him to fly an aircraft in iraq? -tin-foil hat on- is there something that iraq has a hand in this years festivities for the 4th celebrations ? -tin-foil hat off- I doubt it, but it does kinda sound suspiscious. What do you think ? I'm not one for rumors but I have a gut feeling..
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
He was on a plane that had just arrived.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
bad case turns good.... he wants to be far away from unkel S.  

Wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
got a link?
echo6
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]
... Similarly, how many pilots does it take to fly an America West Airlines 737?
... two-and-a-fifth
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Fox News.com , top of the list
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Now all we got to do is convince step-dad to come "downtown" to sign for his step-son.........It's just a formality, it'll only take a few minutes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont mean to throw a wrench into that theory DrFrige , but he is going to be sent back to iraq by the INS
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
hopefully he getting "taken care of" by some homosexual perps in the cells...
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably trying to get away from Saddam, from what I've heard his stepsons usually go the way of the Dodo, by his own order. If he is sent back, I betcha he'll end up dead sooner or later.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
hopefully he getting "taken care of" by some homosexual perps in the cells...
View Quote

Why? He is probably here trying to get away from stepdad.

Unless he is working for the intelligance service (but that is really kind of stupid, since its not like he has to work for a living and certainly doesn't have to do field work)

By the way, how old is this guy? We talking teenager? College? Middle age?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Probably trying to get away from Saddam, from what I've heard his stepsons usually go the way of the Dodo, by his own order. If he is sent back, I betcha he'll end up dead sooner or later.
View Quote

I don't know about stepsons- he has gone through a bunch of son-in-laws though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
MY THEORY: Its Saddam's stepson? Saddam doesnt like him. So he sends him off to USA where he knows he will get caught and out of his life. Heck Saddam was probably the one who blew the whistle!
View Quote

What we do know about Saddam and his family is that Sadam doesn't like runners.  His sons-in-law were executed after defecting to Jordan, but that was after they tipped us off to Saddam's ability to hide his weapons from the U.N. team which got the U.S. directly involved.  He sent word that his daughters and sons-in-law were welcome to come back home and all was forgiven, and then the sons-in-law were killed by the family as an act of tribal retribution.

So, if that boy isn't here because daddy sent him and he's sent back then he's as good as dead.  However, given our current stance on Iraq, it might be possible that he stays here for a while.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know about stepsons- he has gone through a bunch of son-in-laws though.
View Quote

Doh, that's what I meant, it's late [:)]. I didn't know he had any stepsons, but I'd imagine he could be just as brutal as he has been to his son in laws.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Remember that Saddam is holding an American(?) pilot who was shot down in the Gulf War prisoner. Maybe we can work out an exchange.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Hotrod
I dont mean to throw a wrench into that theory DrFrige , but he is going to be sent back to iraq by the INS
View Quote

From what I have seen in the news lately, questionable Middle Eastern men are being interrogated agressively nowadays. Not being deported. If the story is true, I imagine the friendly welcome wagon from the CIA is already in Miami.........

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:59:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Remember that Saddam is holding an American(?) pilot who was shot down in the Gulf War prisoner. Maybe we can work out an exchange.
View Quote

And who would that pilot be?  Do you have anything to substantiate your claim?  
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

And who would that pilot be?  Do you have anything to substantiate your claim?  
View Quote

Lt. Commander Scott Speicher.

His Hornet(? or was it a Tomcat) got hit by a MiG-25 on the first night.

There are some signs that he got out of his aircraft before it became a crater. We never got his remains back, and when we asked Iraq for them, they sent us some bits of flesh that turned out not to be human. He's MIA-presumed dead.

Some people, including a Iranian pilot released 10 years after the end of the Iran-Iraq war claim to have seen Speicher in prison.

DOD says bullshit, but some Congressmen and the family want it investigated anyway.

I won't call either way.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I personally think this is a non-story.  FoxNews reported that this guy was trying to get **RE**-certified....so he already knows how to fly.  I think they are grasping at straws to find a terrorism-themed story for the 4th.  If he's violated his visa terms, deport him, jail him, whatever.  This is a non-event, my $.02.

FooBarBaz
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:39:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kill the little shit...
View Quote

Damn legs, we think so much alike, it's scary!
[devil]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:57:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Guys, you all need to get a clue.  Kill the dude?  Get a grip.

The story with him is this.  Saddam on meeting the kids mother decides he needs to add her to his harem, so he tells the woman that she can either marry him and her present husband will be given a job for life, or she can marry him and the husband will be killed (The wife is quite good looking), the son is from the pre-saddam husband.  SHe did not want her husband killed so she went along with it.  THe son left Iraq when he was 4 and grew up in Australia. (where he will be deported back to).

He is not learning how to fly, he is being recertified.

Sheesh, you guys would kill a guy because of what the media says?

Seems to me, he has more cause to hate Saddam than any of us.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Guys, you all need to get a clue.  Kill the dude?  Get a grip.

The story with him is this.  Saddam on meeting the kids mother decides he needs to add her to his harem, so he tells the woman that she can either marry him and her present husband will be given a job for life, or she can marry him and the husband will be killed (The wife is quite good looking), the son is from the pre-saddam husband.  SHe did not want her husband killed so she went along with it.  THe son left Iraq when he was 4 and grew up in Australia. (where he will be deported back to).

He is not learning how to fly, he is being recertified.

Sheesh, you guys would kill a guy because of what the media says?

Seems to me, he has more cause to hate Saddam than any of us.
View Quote

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees!
She and her husband should have died rather than give in to that puke!
I have no sympathy for ANY of them.
Sorry hielo, I can't feel like you do.
I respect your opinion tho, Happy 4th!
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#27]
In watching the news today this seems to be a story about nothing.

He, along with 2 US Citizens that work for the same airline, signed up for a 4 day recertification course, required to fly commercial airlines. He has a valid New Zealand passport and is a New Zealand citizen.

His mother is married to Sodamn Insane, and he appaerntly has never met him.

I guess there was some surpise,(expressed by the flight school(s)),that he needed a student visa in addition to a valid passport to take a 4 day continuing education course.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top