Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/3/2002 7:10:11 PM EDT
Does anyone have any idea where I might find some of the new Marine camo? I heard a rumor that a company was already making a knock-off of the pattern (which I know is trademark protected). Any lines on either the real stuff or the knock-offs?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:28:36 PM EDT
None of the aftermarket has the "real" thing. Last month at Pendleton I was told right now enlisted and non coms in active duty units have first rights to buy, officers / reserves have to wait.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:34:52 PM EDT
Can anyone post a Pic or give a link ? It would be appriciated, Thanks..
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:48:02 PM EDT
Try the EE...... Milsurp section..... Thread titled USMC new camo knockoff...... Or something like that...... I would have provided the link, but had to leave you something to do....
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:49:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:02:31 PM EDT
Earlier this year all 3 MEFs only got around 1600 sets of MCCUs apiece to sell to active duty Marines. All three MEFs started with a policy that only Sgts could buy them. Only III MEF stuck with the policy, the other two were unable to sell all the sets they had to only Sgts. After the intial shipment, all the MCCUs went to the MCRDs and Quantico for OCS candidates. Well the message just came out the the first part of this week saying that within the next 45 days MCCU will be avaliable for sale again in all the 3 MEFs.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:06:54 PM EDT
There's a jap company making the knock off and sending it over here, they also have a knock off of the Marine Urban Camo (grey &Black block pattern)which I'd like to get my hands on because it does not have the white like that woodland pattern urban abortion,White, Grey & Black) that has been around for several years.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:07:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By STLRN: Earlier this year all 3 MEFs only got around 1600 sets of MCCUs apiece to sell to active duty Marines. All three MEFs started with a policy that only Sgts could buy them. Only III MEF stuck with the policy, the other two were unable to sell all the sets they had to only Sgts. After the intial shipment, all the MCCUs went to the MCRDs and Quantico for OCS candidates. Well the message just came out the the first part of this week saying that within the next 45 days MCCU will be avaliable for sale again in all the 3 MEFs.
View Quote
So, ah, STLRN. How many sets can you buy ...buddie [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:51:09 PM EDT
Don't tell anyone else.... www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:52:49 PM EDT
Am I retarded I cannot find it under EE..
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:26:33 AM EDT
Not retarded, just board challenged...... [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=125812]The Link I referred to Earlier[/url]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:57:41 AM EDT
Camp LeJeune got in a big shipment on Mon of last week. Sales where open to all ranks. I picked up a set, They look really good! They also had the new boots on Wed of last week, but sold out in three hours. When I asked the lady in the back she said that they would get more boots in after the 4th of July weekend. I was in Okinawa when the first shipment arrived at the Camp Schwab PX. In that shipment or lot how ever you want to call it all the little eagle globe and anchors that are in the pattern where up side down. The set I got last week they are right side up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:48:26 PM EDT
Wait a sec, is it the camo pattern that's copyrighted or the USMC logo? If it's the logo we should see knockoffs any day now from the Land of the Rising Sun, or thereabouts.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:34:34 PM EDT
[img]http://www.specwargear.com/images/bdu-usmc%20ex-1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 9:31:37 PM EDT
Thanks guys [8D]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 9:45:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By William_Gunn: [img]http://www.specwargear.com/images/bdu-usmc%20ex-1.jpg[/img]
View Quote
What's with the tiger stripes?
Top Top