Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Camel for the pic of object. You also can't get an idea of the depth it penetrated. It did not tear any metal but came close.There are some other places to cut cost . I could just keep the damaged rack. And use body filler. But that is not the same as new.And yes everyone has a right to their opinions. I trust the two body shops that gave me estimates. What will I end up doing? I'll probably just fix the dent and the rack and forget about the headliner. I could try and post the estimate if people would like or don't believe me.
So again for the people who donated thank you. If you didn't fine. I didn't ask for any money and didn't expect it after Campy told me he would take a collection up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
sajer. i apologize for the actions of this MORON.

WE ARE STILL WORKING  to find out his identity. i refuse to have that person on my firingline.

the very fact that he refused to admit his stupidity (at least tim apologized for acting the fool) speaks volumes about his character...and i WILL NOT have that kind of irresponsible shooter...and more importantly, someone that will not admit resposibility for his actions!!!...anywhere near me!

yes, emails have been coming in and all fingers seem to point to one person, so far. i'm still waiting for this guy to contact me to try to make this incident right by sajer, myself and the mapleton gun club.

reputations are at stake! and the future of the bulletfest event. and lastly, life and limb are at stake. vehicles can be repairs. dead humans can not!

all this over the actions of one man with poor judgement.

sajer, i have some expirience in bodywork, and roughly guesstimated the repair work to be $1000-1200.

if you show up next year...IF THERE IS A NEXT YEAR!...the first order of the day will be to take up another collection for you.

although all shooters assume the risks involved when attending such evennts, NO ONE expects to have sonething like that happen! it is simply inexcusable...and no one is more pissed off at the guy that did this than me.

if i find out, for a fact or by admission, who did this deed, i will not post his name...but i will make sure he does not return to the event.

too much is at stake.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Since the damage was not caused by a collision with another vehicle, you should have a small deductible that will cover things like vandalism (keyed, dinged, windshield replacement, etc.). Assuming you have full coverage, and a low deductible...
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FWIW: I personally donated $40 for the first incident and then another $20 for the second.
View Quote

There were two incidents????
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#7]

My insurance agent is pretty good so we shall see. I have a medium sized deductable( as far as deductables go) + rental car.

I must have left before the other damage?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Do yourself a favor and leave it. Take the money and buy ammo and share it at the next event with those who were kind to you then.

Everytime you look at the dent you can think of that certain someone whom you never got to have that drink with  [sex]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, you could always file an insurance claim.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, you could always file an insurance claim.
View Quote

"Dude, I was at the mall, and this ninja came out of, like, nowhere, began cutting heads off, and one of them hit my roof.  I totally flipped out and crapped my pants. "
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top