Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Can i sue the Olympics cause i can't run a mile in under 4 minutes?? How about lowering the hurdles so a average height jew, like me, can clear them with ease?  How about pole vaulting ? No?   Well damn, i ought to sue!

Shit, learn or train for the goal, or lower you own goals.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless part of the test was on country music artists i do not see how a test can have a racial bias.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
It isn't in Ebonics so it's racist.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Same shit different day.

They had to lower the entrance exam for the Dayton Ohio PD because not enough minorities passed it.    IIRC one of the black candidates that ended up getting hired scored in the 20's on his exam.  

Worst of all the DOJ issued a hiring freeze on the agency as a result of the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#5]
look up the New Haven, CT Firefighters case. Made it to the Supreme Court and ultimately came out on the side of the white firefighters that were denied promotions because they c couldn't put them ahead of blacks and latinos that failed two exams, including a second one that was adjusted to be more culturally sensitive. Bunch of BS, but justice did prevail

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Sad thing is that they don't even have to prove that the test is racist.  Under the disparate impact theory all they have to prove is that minorities fail the test more often than non-minorities.  Then the employer has to prove that the test is related to job function.  This is why lots of departments lose these cases.  Is basic algebra on the test?  Does a policeman or firefighter have to use basic algebra in their normal duties?  If the answer is no, then they lose.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wait, are we complaining about racism or about stupidity here?

Its kinda the same thing isn't it?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's see some of the questions they couldn't answer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy fix, Find smarter black people.

BAM, black lieutenants.

Maybe smart black people don't want to be a cop.

Smart minorities can AA their way into much higher paying jobs and work much less than a cop.

Ladies and gentelman, we have a winner!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#10]
This sort of bullshit is:

a) disgraceful

b) racist

c) disgusting

d) all of the above.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They didn't fail because they were brown/black.  They failed because they were retarded.

That often is what it boils down to.  In the interest of more of a certain group in an agency, they lower the hiring standards.

Inevitably, then, those people hired on lower standards will be less likely to make objective cuts for higher rank.  The only way you could say the test scores indicate bias, is if you claim all hiring had no bias in the first place.

The simple fact is, if you are black, from the city, have a clean record and are smart enough to do well on this test, you are also likely being recruited by thousands of other universities and better paying government agencies all over the country.  Boston PD isn't exactly starting out with the cream of the crop.

Instead of being happy they have jobs they would otherwise not be qualified for, they demand to be promoted!  Amazing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I would say its time for some morons to pick up a book, read and comprehend it.

How can you enforce laws if you ain't kno wat they is? Losers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
A buddy of mine works for a major police force up here. He said recently they decided there werent enough blacks who had passed their Sargeants exams. So they rounded up all the blacks they could find and had them write the test for the promotion, only they gave them tests that were already filled out and just had them sign it.

Crap like this which is nothing more than nazi racist garbage is sickening. Whats worse say your some black guy who busts his ass and takes no freebies, every asshole out there thinks you got your advances in life for free, when clearly its not always the case.

It ruins if for everybody. Those who try and those who wont try.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Ahh yes, where "equality" now means "equal result".
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#15]
One of the things that I received some instruction on in one of my ed-classes was how to avoid cultural bias in instructional and assessment materials. It is amazing how some very subtle constructs can affect perfornance by some students. I can't claim to know much about how Boston administers there promotion board, or much if anything about LE promotion exams in general, but I do know that many places source these tests to external firms to avoid bias claims. I would assume that those firms employee people who are very knowledgeable about bias and can expertly avoid it.  

There is research that suggests that some groups are, catagorically, perform lower on certain forms of assessment- even if members of that group have adequate content knowledge, skill ability, or intelectual capacity, to perform well. This is an argument that is frequently raised against standardized academic-achievmment tests and benchmark assessments (and cognitive ability tests). However, what smart people realize is that materials can only be made so clean, and there becomes a point where it is necessary to use standard instruments  to get accurate enough data. Otherwise, you can end up like a statistician who creates and implements overly-complex mathematical formulas that bring another layer of subjectivity into play- attempting to correct data while creating data that is little different from what it may have been discerned at square one.

I believe that the opportunity to advance was fair...but I also understand why they would want to complain. In the end of the day, this it's a matter of pay and prestiege- and there are only so many times throughout the course of a career that those opportunities present themselves. That said, the only thing (those who failed) deserve is the opportunity to take the test again next time- if they're still around.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jacksonville FD just lost a similar lawsuit.. they had to lower the bar.  

FDNY recently lost on their entrance exam. I took it at 17 years old and scored a 100.
It's 9-10th grade level math and reading comprehension but that still wasn't easy enough for them.

Those test are hard.

Example.

1. The word "Gat" was originally used to identify a?

A.     Large Nat.

B.    Hi-point pistol.

C.   Thompson submachine gun.

D.   None of the above.

Hint.  not A, B, or D

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#18]
An entrance exam should test basic skills, a promotion exam should test advanced skills. Skills that apply to that specific job. I have worked with the feds, state, and local governments. It does get ridiculous at times.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Unless part of the test was on country music artists i do not see how a test can have a racial bias.

What you talkin' about?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#23]
This happened in Houston about 15 years ago. Now they have a bunch of people with stripes on their sleeves whom the other officers call REMEDIAL SERGEANTS. Yeah. How would you feel if the only way you got promoted was if they lowered the bar?

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1997_1412620/hpd-moving-fast-to-promote-waiting-officers-union.html

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

BAM, black lieutenants.

That's racist.

*reported*
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Some one post a sample of some of the test question (if possible or legal) so we can all see what the bias is.

If you find a Kilo of cocaine at a drug bust you should

A. Leave it there.

B. Secure it as evidence.

C. Invite Tyrone and Jose for a coke party.

Edit also why don't they have a fully black committee make their next exam for them? then it would be lulz when some one screamed racist.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
look up the New Haven, CT Firefighters case. Made it to the Supreme Court and ultimately came out on the side of the white firefighters that were denied promotions because they c couldn't put them ahead of blacks and latinos that failed two exams, including a second one that was adjusted to be more culturally sensitive. Bunch of BS, but justice did prevail  

New Haven was worse than that - black, white, and Hispanic firefighters passed the test. The class action lawsuit involved both white and Hispanic firefighters. They were denied promotions because "not enough" blacks passed the test, leaving a shortage of leadership (15 Lt's and Captains) in New Haven's FD, jeapordizing the safety of the citizens of New Haven in the name of Democrats "feeling good about themselves".

Local judge ruled in favor of institutionalized racism.

Federal Appeals Court Judge (and future Supreme Court Justice) Sonia Sotomayor ruled in favor of institutionalized racism. She ruled they had every right to deny promotions based on the color of a mans skin.

Supreme Court felt differently....well, some of them did. It was a 5-4 decision. All four liberal SC Justices ruled in favor of institutionalized racism. Luckily there are 5 Conservative justices on the SC. They recited something about New Haven violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty soon it'll be like applying for a job as garbage man ( no offense to garbage men).

Harder to become a garbage man in NYC than it is a cop.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FDNY recently lost on their entrance exam. I took it at 17 years old and scored a 100.

It's 9-10th grade level math and reading comprehension but that still wasn't easy enough for them.

Well, they are fire fighters...what do you expect?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

This happened in Houston about 15 years ago. Now they have a bunch of people with stripes on their sleeves whom the other officers call REMEDIAL SERGEANTS. Yeah. How would you feel if the only way you got promoted was if they lowered the bar?

I would guess those particular minorities would feel like they finally got even with whitey.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine works for a major police force up here. He said recently they decided there werent enough blacks who had passed their Sargeants exams. So they rounded up all the blacks they could find and had them write the test for the promotion, only they gave them tests that were already filled out and just had them sign it.

Crap like this which is nothing more than nazi racist garbage is sickening. Whats worse say your some black guy who busts his ass and takes no freebies, every asshole out there thinks you got your advances in life for free, when clearly its not always the case.

It ruins if for everybody. Those who try and those who wont try.

So what % passed?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Isn't that counter productive, in that statistically the results will be the same?  You may have a few more retards pass, but the outcome should be the same.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Not too many years ago the Milwaukee FD was advertising their job openings as "Minorities and females only need apply."

They got away from that pretty quickly.  It seems we're about to come full circle...
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I thought it was supposed to be about equality of OPPORTUNITY......not equality of RESULTS ??????

No shit, I wonder if modern black people have even heard the speech past the words, "I have a dream!!!"...

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

BAM, black lieutenants.

Easier fix.  Stop trying to find (insert sex or ethnic group here) people... just hire the best fucking ones for the job that apply.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Nope... Hootie says otherwise.
link
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#36]
We have become a nation of stupid people!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not too many years ago the Milwaukee FD was advertising their job openings as "Minorities and females only need apply."

They got away from that pretty quickly.  It seems we're about to come full circle...

I read that ad while stationed at RTC Great Lakes; it first appeared in late 1986/early 1987.  Most safety forces hiring in the large northern cities is supervised by federal "consent decrees". In a related story, a federal court ruled math was "racist" in Virginia Beach.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#38]
In our past it would have been shameful to admit that you were too stupid to pass a test- now it's the norm to put it out there for all to see.  What makes it worse is that folks consider it normal and fail to see how this is not only racist but also puts them at risk.  As a taxpayer I helped buy that half million dollar piece of equipment; I would prefer that the guys running it know how to do so without tearing it up.  Similarly I want the guy supervising the operations to properly deploy his assets to best fight the fire or perform the rescue.  

Sadly this situation is only getting worse by the day.  Once again Idiocracy proves to be a documentary.  

"Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now."

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#39]
We need something similar for white guys so more of them can play in the NBA
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#40]
so would the following question still be "racial"?:

exceeding the speed limit is a violation of statute 12345, which of the following statutes would speeding violate:

a) 12345

b) not this

c) not this either

d) nor this one
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I thought it was supposed to be about equality of OPPORTUNITY......not equality of RESULTS ??????

It used to be, until liberals realized that bad results aren't always caused by lack of opportunities.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I am trying to think of what test questions could be biased towards white people now a days.  So far I have come up with Conan trivia, MSNBC inter-office gossip, and Vanilla Ice song lyrics.  

And I know nothing about all of these.  Seberius' white privilege advantage: 0.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm dumb. IT MUST BE RACISISSM.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm so sick of everything being about race.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Boston Police Exam is Racist!

I have proof, here are some of the questions:

1) How many leaves are needed for a lucky Shamrock?

a) 2

b) 3

c) 4

d) 5

2) What is important about March 17th?

a) Martin Luther King Day

b) St Patrick's Day

c) Free chicken at Popeyes

d) all of the above

3) What is your favorite food?

a) Okra

b) Fried Chicken

c) Lobstah

d) Potatoes

4) If you had $100 what charity would you donate to?

a) WWF

b) Cancer

c) the IRA

d) united way

5) What is your favorite color?

a) Red

b) Green

c) Orange

d) Blue

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Your sickitation about race politics is just to mask your hatred of minorities and your support of the Zionist oligarchy.  The proper authorities have been informed and a Truth Team is en route to your location.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your sickitation about race politics is just to mask your hatred of minorities and your support of the Zionist oligarchy.  The proper authorities have been informed and a Truth Team is en route to your location.

"Truth Team"

I like that.  It has a nice Orwellian ring to it, kind of like "Patriot Act"
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Truth Team"

I like that.  It has a nice Orwellian ring to it, kind of like "Patriot Act"

What, you think I speak in jest, citizen?    Please read our pamphlet and then assume the proper position.

ETA:  I am happy to inform you that Barney Frank himself will be onsite.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I am trying to think of what test questions could be biased towards white people now a days.  So far I have come up with Conan trivia, MSNBC inter-office gossip, and Vanilla Ice song lyrics.  

Vanilla Ice was/is a rapper, so that's black culture.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vanilla Ice was/is a rapper, so that's black culture.  

Behold!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top