Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 3:49:02 PM EDT
Back from the ETH S&F SHOOT. I had a most excellent time! I first want to thank ETH our host, it was a pleasure to be in his company and I hope I get the opportunity to do it again.
……Lots and Lots of AR’s, fireworks, explosions, tracer fire, full-auto, 300-400 yrd shooting, sheet, frying pan demolition, conversation, and more stars than I seen in years.
Thanks to Bunghole for providing the transportation and company on the journey. If the climate would not wreaked havoc on my allergies, I would have done more off-road riding with ya.
Thanks to the Wiggies for the chance to cool off in the pool with some great Gin ‘n Tonics and take a break from the heat.. Let me know when you can get into TX again.
Thanks to Mojo for graciously letting me get some class III action in.
Thanks to TRG for giving the demonstration on experimental fireworks hand-launching techniques. Ohh, and for the grub!
To: BadBrad, Ilikelegs (bumpfire champion), Jarhead22, Brouhaha, Hound, Psyren, Zed (the .45 sniper), Tate, Jim (the AR sniper!), Arock, Dpreacher & Jake, fullclip, Txlewis, Energizer & bro, John22, and everyone else: thanks for the good times and good company. It is a good thing when good people with common interests get together.

These pics don’t compare to the photographic eye of Wiggy223. I can wait to see those.

Packed tight under the shade:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000063%2EJPG[/img]

By evening: Fireworks mortar-fire fallout shelter.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000064%2EJPG[/img]

Plate matches:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000068%2EJPG[/img]

The CAUSE………
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000073%2EJPG[/img]

The EFFECT:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2Fmarksblast%2Ejpg[/img]

Jake sporting his .223 single shot.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000065%2EJPG[/img]

No, that’s not a bullet wound.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000060%2EJPG[/img]

More shooting in the shade:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000061%2EJPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I WAN [>(] TED TO GO SOO BAD!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The propane bombs, did you shoot them? Or just light the flare and let it burn down?

Looks amazing.

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The CAUSE………
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000073%2EJPG[/img]

The EFFECT:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2Fmarksblast%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote

HOLY FREEKIN CRAP!!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

The CAUSE pic: is that a Tannerite contraption??? Great pic of the explosion!!!! It looks like WWIII!!!

Lucky Bastards!!!

Edited to add: OH I see now - propane!!!
Looks like youz guys had a great time!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
lmfao gus that picture isnt a propane tank thats a nuclear device
View Quote

LMAO! I thought that was the result of a propane tank being touched off too. Oh boy. I should no better. I tossed one in a campfire once and it looked nothing like that (thank God).

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah - I knew that!!!!  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

14x digital zoom on dusty red clay .
Seriously, you can feel the heat from the blast 20' above on a river embankment. The river gorge also provides protection because 1) the distance and the bank provides cover. 2) your shooting DOWN at them so the newly formed thrust hole pushes the bottle down (better than at a 20 degree angle on flat land). When placed in a field and your shooting (igniting) them horizontally, they might (and did) launch.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Great Pics BH.

Had a great time meeting you. Thanks for letting me shoot your stuff.  If you ever want to start reloading, let me know, I got those magic recipies for ya.

TXLewis

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Packed tight under the shade:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FIM000063%2EJPG[/img]

Left to right:  Brouhaha (behind the tree), Mojo, SuperAlpha (blue shirt), ETH (wearing the red BRC shirt), Me (TRG before my friend Jim showed up), Dpeacher (glassees and hat), Energizer (with the red jug), Leg of Jake, Arock (with Mojo's egg rolls), TxLewis.

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Any more pics???
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a blast guys...(no really)

Thanks again ETH...You the man!

frisco

ps.  When I got home, my wife said, "You did what with WHAT!" [devil]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top