Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 12:57:01 PM EDT
Can't believe nobody posted this yet. . . .

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020630/ap_on_re_us/wildfires_arrest[/url]

Leonard Gregg, 29, worked part-time as a firefighter for the Bureau of Indian Affairs and was one of the first people called to fight the blaze. According to a statement filed in federal court by a BIA investigator, Gregg said he set the fire so he could get work on a fire crew.

"This fire was started with a profit motive behind it," U.S. Attorney Paul Charlton said Sunday.

[red]At a hearing in federal court in Flagstaff on Sunday, a tired-looking Gregg said, "I'm sorry for what I did."

But U.S. Magistrate Stephen Verkamp cut him off, saying he shouldn't make any admission of guilt at the hearing.[/red]
View Quote

Why cut him off?  Sounds like the Magistrate has a "profit motive" of wanting to drag things out. . . .
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Like I said in an earlier thread, it's a government conspiracy to drive people from their homes and into the big citys (concentration camps). They probably had some blackmail dirt on the guy to get him to do it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
HEHEHE...FIRE! FIRE! Lake Titti CACA TEE PEE for my Bung Hole!!!!hehehehe.An the chick in Colarado who was a "veteran" fire fighter laying blaze with  x-hubbies letters....makes me wonder.......Professional what?????......
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Another Mullet Head spouting those oh so famous words...

"Hey guys, check this out!"

They have charged him with TWO counts of arson. He set one fire which was put out quickly, then set the Rodeo fire.

[url=http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20020630.34db532a.html]Fire Suspect: "I'm Sorry..." [/url]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
[i]sigh[/i]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Do the math, most fire fighters working a large forest fire are turning 16+ hours per shift, and most of the time their contracts read if you don't get a full 4 hours off before your next shift you are credited with the full 24 hours.  Overtime starts at 40+ hours, double time at 80+ hours.  

Even at a paltry $12.00/hr it can work out to well over $2100 per week, even higher.

Particularly for smoke jumpers and other hazzard duty workers this can amount to some serious cash per week.  Hazzard pay was 1.5X your normal wage.  I know of at least two blazes that were started by a couple of smoke jumpers who were strapped for cash.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Please dont call this guy a FireFighter, he is a FireSetter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Please dont call this guy a FireFighter, he is a FireSetter.
View Quote

Would that be a torcher?

Remember "good old john orr" the gendale arson investigator,that set 6 fires in california in 1987  all down I-99.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top