Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/28/2002 12:18:05 PM EDT
On Drudge theres the story of a muslim woman refusing to have her pic taken without a veil. With the veil it only shows her eyes. She claims religious grounds. WTF. The idea of a picture is to be able to IDENTIFY someone. Anyway, some anti-American judge says she has the right to fight it in court. Now this is the kind of shit that pisses me off. This muslim broad and this friggin judge should be kicked out of this country and not let back in. They want to live here then at least act like an American. We don't need people like this living here. Im pissed!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:23:03 PM EDT
I just love it when someone gets on my Bus like that...especially when they have a backpack or something. Sorry, but, I don't like that. Maybe I'll start wearing a bandana across my face when I drive. It's our American culture to be identifiable and open. The concealment of one's face to us is reason to suspect deception. Too bad we have to develop this sort of supicion and paranoia, along with a bit of 'bias'.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:27:50 PM EDT
don't allow her to have a drivers license, simple! driving a privilege. That one rubs me wrong, Good o'l liberal thinking I assume.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:31:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sniped: don't allow her to have a drivers license, simple! driving a privilege. That one rubs me wrong, Good o'l liberal thinking I assume.
View Quote
I agree. This is the USA, a melting pot, not a friggin beef stew. Follow the rules or go home. People don't want to say the Pledge of Allegiance, or have a proper picture on an ID, but the want free welfare, free housing, free education, free friggin everything in return, cause it's owed to them somehow? America is deteriorating.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:31:58 PM EDT
Well, if she's THAT religous that she's REQUIRED to wear the veil...wouldn't that sort of preclude her from driving, as women aren't allowed to have licenses, teach, be a doctor, or do pretty much anything outside of the house in that religon? Aren't the woman's only duties and rights something akin to "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" in that religon? Hey, what do I know, I'm an American...[:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:40:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2002 12:42:32 PM EDT by shaggy]
I haven't read the story but "anti-American judge"? Seems to me that you just can't wait to throw a few more freedoms out the window. She, like anyone else with a constitutional claim, should be allowed to fight it in court. You don't like a law and have a basis to challenge it, you should have the right to go to court and make Uncle Sam defend its constitutionality. Now, whether she wins, or should win, is another story... My guess is that unless this is based on some state law which grants greater rights than the US constitution, she's going to get laughed out of the courthouse.
Top Top