Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2002 11:40:37 AM EDT
{http://msn.espn.go.com/page2/s/caple/020626.html}

Hmm, I guess I am scared emmotionally. I'm gonna sue someone.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://msn.espn.go.com/page2/s/caple/020626.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
No tether ball, either. The ball could hit someone in the head. Better to replace with "Tether." No ball. Just a rope tethering the children to the pole so they can't wander off and hurt themselves.
View Quote

I can't tell you how many times I've been smacked in the face by a tetherball.  Guess what?  You learn to be quicker!  And I certainly didn't suffer any permanent damage.  And if you say I did, I'll squeeze your neck until your eyes pop out!  OK?  

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
banned dodgeball????!!! WTFF!!!!!

That was one of my most favorite recess games. Especially Army dodge. Army dodge would just be Facist indoctrination for the military industrial complex now i would suppose....

Whats next? softball? Little timmy got hit in the chin and made him cry when the ball ran up his arm and popped him. Little jill said she could do anything a boy could do, but better and promptly got popped in the eye.

Lib-who got popped in the chin

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
What did you expect from Commifornia.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder how they feel about a good game of smear the queer?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/parrot.gif[/img] America is doomed!

It's better to avoid that whole mess by swaddling the kids in layers of protective fleece and flannel like Randy in "A Christmas Story," doping them to the gills with Ritalin, then tying them up inside a Nerf-padded room. They can entertain themselves by playing with their Game-Boy cartridges and listening to Eminem, which is all the little bastards really want to do anyway.

Of course, when the kids are all so fat, lazy and sensitive that they have to pay for two seats on Southwest Airlines, we may have to take further appropriate action by suing someone.
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/parrot.gif[/img] America is Doomed!

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Besides the inability of the principal to enact some sort of semblance of teaching kids to cope with being the loser, I thought the analysis was great.  Its a shame we have these queers in charge of our kids.  I wonder often, how kids will make it.  They are becoming a lame, tame bunch of future losers.  

When you haven't choked on a loss, you don't have the taste for a win.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Why don't we have professional dodgeball? That was the greatest game ever! I remember getting nailed in the face with one at close range in 3rd grade playing against those big bad 5th graders. It bloodied my nose and freaked everyone out, but I got sidelined and gameplay resumed. And no long term emotional trauma, at least I don't think so.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#10]
"Billy Madison", an Adam Sandler movie, had a great dodgeball scene.

Libertoon, what are the rules of "Army Dodge"?  We must have played a similar game, but I'm always interested in a new twist on the old favorite.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#11]
The article is more relevant to this board than I first thought.

Kid:  "Gee, I don't like that tag game.  Rather than play something else, I'm going to complain and put a halt to it."

Adult:  "Gee, guns scare me and I don't want one.  If I don't like it, why should anyone else have one?"

The pic of Ralph was a nice touch.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Heard the banned the game 'leap-frog' between men in Greece.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I was the best dodgeball player in elementary school.  I could catch anyones ball.  I been smacked in my face numerous times and I'm alright.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/caflag2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I just love this stuff. I went to Edison Elementary on the poor side of Santa Monica. Nowhere near the Ocean. We used to play Butt's-Up. Painful but fun. Rode our Mongoose bikes in traffic. Explored the freeway bushes like Stanley Livingston did Africa. We chased and were chased by every type of dog on Earth. We had a blast. All the over protected rich kids at Franklin (From there you can smell the ocean) aren't going to do better later in life by being driven to school by a nanny, wearing a bike helmet or being "saved" from the dangers of Tag. Such crap.

Those teachers need a serious adjustment of perspective.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can't tell you how many times I've been smacked in the face by a tetherball.  Guess what?  You learn to be quicker!  And I certainly didn't suffer any permanent damage.  And if you say I did, I'll squeeze your neck until your eyes pop out!  OK?  

View Quote
It did.[peep]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was the best dodgeball player in elementary school.  I could catch anyones ball.  I been smacked in my face numerous times and I'm alright.
View Quote

[>:/]

How exactly do you define alright?  [BD]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"Billy Madison", an Adam Sandler movie, had a great dodgeball scene.

Libertoon, what are the rules of "Army Dodge"?  We must have played a similar game, but I'm always interested in a new twist on the old favorite.
View Quote

Army Dodge is played mostly like regular dodgeball, but your not out if your hit. If you get hit in a limb, that limb is wounded. head shots are instant "death". Depending on variation of rule, you could be "dead" if hit in the torso, stomach area, or you get three stikes there and then your out.

I liked Army dodge more then regular dodge, because you get to play longer and it was more fun hoping around on one leg and have only one arm to defend yourself.

lib-who fooled the enemy by standing off to the side with the "dead" [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, seeing as how it's Kommiefornia I ain't surprised.  That's the same city who thought they could ban ATM surcharge fees.  Looks like it didn't survive a court challenge.

You don't like the damm ATM surcharge, don't use it.

Too bad, I really liked Santa Monica too.

Oh ya, they gonna ban cooties too?

And we always liked to play "warball" and "dodgeball" back in the days.  It was fun picking off the weak players first.  They knew who they were.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:.... And no long term emotional trauma, at least I don't think so.
View Quote

Quoted:
...I been smacked in my face numerous times and I'm alright.
View Quote

Schoolteacher:  "Well, look at where they post."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top