Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/28/2002 11:26:06 AM EDT
I have seem around here several questionable smaller what I call "zip" guns or pocket pistols either in antique stores or for auction. Most of them are antiques. Several have been the squeeze palm pistol type etc. A person I know picked up one of these at an antique store awhile back. It is a small tube with a spring, single shot, clearly what appears to be a "zip" gun also. Anyone know the legality of these, how they are covered -NFA, antique firearm or what? I have been on this board for a long time, so I am not trolling incase anyone is worried of my motive? Later IAJack
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:47:59 AM EDT
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but a "zip" gun is a homemade gun. Thus it is illegal w/o a serial number & the appropriate paperwork from the BATF for a homemade gun. If these "zip" guns are "old", they are still illegal, IMO. Quite frankly, I'm surprised someone would be so STUPID as to sell one of those. Should a buyer try to fire one & it blew up, the seller would open to immense liability, IMO. "Pocket pistols" are a whole different animal. That description implies a standard firearm that's merely a small gun. I'm not a lawyer nor legal expert.
Top Top