Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2002 6:23:51 PM EDT
Thu Jun 27,10:23 AM ET
By ANNE GEARAN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court approved random drug tests for many public high school students Thursday, ruling that schools' interest in ridding their campuses of drugs outweighs an individual's right to privacy.

The 5-4 decision would allow the broadest drug testing the court has yet permitted for young people whom authorities have no particular reason to suspect of wrongdoing. It applies to students who join competitive after-school activities or teams, a category that includes many if not most middle-school and high-school students.

Previously these tests had been allowed only for student athletes.

"We find that testing students who participate in extracurricular activities is a reasonably effective means of addressing the school district's legitimate concerns in preventing, deterring and detecting drug use," Justice Clarence Thomas ( news - web sites) wrote for himself, Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist and Justices Antonin Scalia ( news - web sites), Anthony M. Kennedy and Stephen Breyer ( news - web sites).

The court stopped short of allowing random tests for any student, whether or not involved in extracurricular activities, but several justices have indicated they are interested in answering that question at some point.

The court ruled against a former Oklahoma high school honor student who competed on an academic quiz team and sang in the choir. Lindsay Earls, a self-described "goodie two-shoes," tested negative but sued over what she called a humiliating and accusatory policy.

The Pottawatomie County school system had considered testing all students. Instead, it settled for testing only those involved in extracurricular activities on the theory that by voluntarily representing the school, those students had a lower expectation of privacy than did students at large.

The ruling is a follow-up to a 1995 case, in which the court allowed random urine tests for student athletes. In that case, the court found that the school had a pervasive drug problem and that athletes were among the users. The court also found that athletes had less expectation of privacy.

Thursday's ruling is the logical next step, the Oklahoma school and its backers said, and the court majority agreed.

"The particular testing program upheld today is not reasonable, it is capricious, even perverse," Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg ( news - web sites) wrote for the dissenters.

In a brief, separate dissent, Justices Sandra Day O'Connor ( news - web sites) and David Souter ( news - web sites) said they disagreed with the court's ruling in 1995 and disagree now.
View Quote
  continued
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Of the estimated 14 million American high school students, better than 50 percent probably participate in some form of organized after-school activity, educators say. The trend is toward ever greater extracurricular participation, largely because colleges consider it a factor in admissions.

Earls and the American Civil Liberties Union ( news - web sites) argued that the Oklahoma school board could not show that drugs were a big problem at Tecumseh High School. She claimed the "suspicionless" drug tests violated the Constitution's guarantee against unreasonable searches.

Pottawatomie educators, backed by the Bush administration, argued that any drug problem is a concern. Also, the school said, the drug tests were a deterrent for students who knew they could not participate in favorite activities unless they stayed clean.

During oral arguments in the case in March, a Bush administration lawyer said universal testing would be constitutional, even though a lawyer for the Oklahoma school said she doubted that would be so.

Numerous schools installed drug testing programs for athletes after the 1995 ruling, but wider drug testing remains relatively rare among the nation's 15,500 public school districts. Lower courts have reached differing conclusions about the practice.

The Tecumseh testing program ran for part of two school years, beginning in 1998. It was suspended after Earls and another student sued. Earls is now a student at Dartmouth College.

The Tecumseh policy covered a range of voluntary clubs and sports, including the Future Farmers of America club, cheerleading and football. Students were tested at the beginning of the school year. Thereafter, tests were random.

Overall, 505 high school students were tested for drug use. Three students, all of them athletes, tested positive.

A federal appeals court ruled against the program, saying it took the Supreme Court's 1995 ruling too far. Sports are different from other extracurricular activities, the lower court said, and the school had not done enough to show that students who participated in those activities were abusing drugs.

The school district appealed to the Supreme Court.

The case is Board of Education of Independent School District No. 92 of Pottawatomie County v. Earls, 01-332.

View Quote

Does this bug the hell out of anyone else? Indoctorination camps. argflfajf friggen conspiracy. friggen legislation from the bench, friggen conspiracy. government. friggen.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunatley conservatism is a double edged sword.

I can see testing for suspected athletes.Suiting up for your school is a privilage.Not to mention performance enhancers,but this looks like its leading to random tests for anyone attending a public school.Too me a serious invasion of privacy.

The Future Farmers of Ameriaca?come on.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Unfortunatley conservatism is a double edged sword.

I can see testing for suspected athletes.Suiting up for your school is a privilage.Not to mention performance enhancers,but this looks like its leading to random tests for anyone attending a public school.Too me a serious invasion of privacy.

The Future Farmers of Ameriaca?come on.
View Quote

Howbout random testing for driver's licences? Driving is a priviledge, right? [whacko]

A government run school has no business randomly drug screening kids.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know, these kids are under the care and supervision of these schools.If someone is suspected of being a doper or taking roids(I guess certain criteria would have to be set),I don't see a problem in making sure they don't go out and hurt themselves or other kids.

I don't see connection to driving.A license is not a priviledge,its attained after showing the skill and knowledge to operate a vehicle.get caught doping or drinking while driving and you'll no doubt be exposed to random drug tests.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't see connection to driving.A license is not a priviledge,its attained after showing the skill and knowledge to operate a vehicle.get caught doping or drinking while driving and you'll no doubt be exposed to random drug tests.

View Quote

That's not what uncle sam says. Driving on public roads isn't considered a right by the government, hence the license and fee system.

Anyway, who says that, simply because an activity isn't considered a basic right by uncle gov, that the gov is free to anal probe at random people who choose to engage in said activty.

Kids are citizens too.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
For once I'd just like to see them pass legislation to make us more free, instead of less..........

The stupidity of those making the laws around here is completely amazing.  I also can't BELIEVE they made the pledge of allegiance illegal in schools.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I gotta ponder this one..  I was amazed to find out from my recently graduated high schoolers, how many of their classmates used drugs on a daily basis and this is an acedemic school with no serious sports or functions...
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya got a good point there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes this bothers me too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a bit torn on this one:

I want to get rid of the sellers and tweakers on campus, but it sounds like we are on the path to required drug tests to go to public school.

Hell, I'll be taking a drug test myself within a few weeks for a new job:

Better get studying.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Random testing bothers the hell out of me. I would propose just running a drug dog thru the school at random periods. A hit on a locker should be enough to search & then test a kid.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I realize that drug use is a problem among kids, but if I suspect my kid is using drugs, I will test them.  I don't need the schools doing this.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#13]
They're just trying to increase the demand for private schools, again.z
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#14]
When I was in high school, there were very few people who didn't at least try drugs.
What is the punishment going to be?
You can't suspend half the school.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I graduated high school in 1989, and back then I wrestled in high school. I know personally of football players, wrestlers,swimmers,volleyball players,tennis players,basketball players,and other non-sports individuals that took all kinds of drugs. Drugs rangeing from just smokeing a little pot, to droping acid,snorting coke,smokeing crack,doing crank,and popping pills.

I also knew of a few athletes and non athletes that did steriods. So if drug use was this bad in 1989 I can only imagine it is worse today.

Performance enhanceing drugs are much more avaliable today and are highly used, and there are drugs that are more appealing to kids these days. Methemphadimines are on the rise, and so is ecstacy. And these two drugs are used by all sorts of people.

I was also in band and, well lets just say that there were lots of people that liked to smoke pot in band. I knew kids on the chess club that smoked pot, some pretty good chess players too. Man even our student body leaders did drugs.

So I am all for testing. Some parents dont even have a clue that there kids are doing drugs, It is very easy to hide if you are smart about it.

Test the little boogers, maybe it will get them caught and not end up frying there brains.I know to many people that did drugs in highschool and ended up doing nothing with there life, or ending up in jail because of drugs haveing an effect on there life one way or another.  

Yes it is to bad that people need to be forced to do such a thing, but that is the way it is.

If people will not be responsible and just not do drugs to begin with, then the government would not need to stick there noses into our business and force the issue of mandatory drug testing.

To me I see no problem with mandatory drug testing, you have to do it to enlist in the military, twice actually, once at MEPS for your physical, and again when you get to basic training. The military also requires a random drug test throughout your service, and depending on your careear field, if there is an accident your must submit to a drug test immediately. I have also had a few jobs in the civilian job market that require a drug test before being considered for a job.

Some scream privacy. To me I scream moral character. A drug screen is one way to prove,test,and show that someone has some moral character. Drugs are illegal for a reason, maybe people should understand that they are illegal for a reason, mainly because they are not good for our bodies and really screw up our brains.  I am all for drug screening in high schools, I think they should do it in middle schools, juniour high schools, and elementary schools.

How can you have a productive society if your next generation of children are a bunch of drug addicts, and cheaters.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I was also in band and, well lets just say that there were lots of people that liked to smoke pot in band. I knew kids on the chess club that smoked pot, some pretty good chess players too. Man even our student body leaders did drugs.
View Quote

Why didn't you turn them in?  Every good comrade should snitch on enemies of the party.  After all, all that pot and hashish they buy goes to support terrorism.  I bet some of your classmates even helped fund the Sept. 11 tradegy.

Performance enhanceing drugs are much more avaliable today and are highly used, and there are drugs that are more appealing to kids these days. Methemphadimines are on the rise, and so is ecstacy. And these two drugs are used by all sorts of people.
View Quote

Including psychiatrists, doctors and shrinks too.  In fact, MDMA was used regularly by shrinks to help some patients overcome trauma and stress in their lives.  They even found it was EFFECTIVE.  LSD was also used by mental health doctors.  Apparently, these drugs DO HAVE medicinal qualities.  But of course, since so many people are just plain irresponsible(unlike you, sir).  What makes drugs more appealing to this generation than the last?  Nothing.  MDMA's been around before I was born TWICE over.

Test the little boogers, maybe it will get them caught and not end up frying there brains.I know to many people that did drugs in highschool and ended up doing nothing with there life, or ending up in jail because of drugs haveing an effect on there life one way or another.

Yes it is to bad that people need to be forced to do such a thing, but that is the way it is.
View Quote

Yeh, blame the drugs...  I know plenty of people that watch too much TV and don't do nothing with their lives.  Ban ABC and all the rest of the networks.  And forget that whole "freedom" concept.  We must save everyone from themselves.  Life is much to hard for anyone to make their own decisions AND live with the consequences.

Some scream privacy. To me I scream moral character. A drug screen is one way to prove,test,and show that someone has some moral character. Drugs are illegal for a reason, maybe people should understand that they are illegal for a reason, mainly because they are not good for our bodies and really screw up our brains. I am all for drug screening in high schools, I think they should do it in middle schools, juniour high schools, and elementary schools.
View Quote

The first drug laws were inacted to prohibit "The yellow man(asians) from fornicating with white women in the opium dens".  The "harder" drugs are illegal so that "violent blacks won't rape white women".

How can you have a productive society if your next generation of children are a bunch of drug addicts, and cheaters.
View Quote

Hmm, now tell me again, how did the Baby Boomers and Generation X do?  We still have doctors, lawyers, and school teachers.  

Oh boy, edit for grammar, spelling, and most of all, to just remind the author of the post I dissected that if he took offense, email me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#17]
[i]
The Pottawatomie County school system had considered testing all students. Instead, it settled for testing only those involved in extracurricular activities on [red]the theory that by voluntarily representing the school, those students had a lower expectation of privacy than did students at large[/red].[/i]

Ummm... [b]BULLSHIT!![/b]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I graduated high school in 1989, and back then I wrestled in high school. I know personally of football players, wrestlers,swimmers,volleyball players,tennis players,basketball players,and other non-sports individuals that took all kinds of drugs. Drugs rangeing from just smokeing a little pot, to droping acid,snorting coke,smokeing crack,doing crank,and popping pills.

I also knew of a few athletes and non athletes that did steriods. So if drug use was this bad in 1989 I can only imagine it is worse today.

So I am all for testing. Some parents dont even have a clue that there kids are doing drugs, It is very easy to hide if you are smart about it.

If people will not be responsible and just not do drugs to begin with, then the government would not need to stick there noses into our business and force the issue of mandatory drug testing.

To me I see no problem with mandatory drug testing, you have to do it to enlist in the military, twice actually, once at MEPS for your physical, and again when you get to basic training. The military also requires a random drug test throughout your service, and depending on your careear field, if there is an accident your must submit to a drug test immediately. I have also had a few jobs in the civilian job market that require a drug test before being considered for a job.

Some scream privacy. To me I scream moral character. A drug screen is one way to prove,test,and show that someone has some moral character. Drugs are illegal for a reason, maybe people should understand that they are illegal for a reason, mainly because they are not good for our bodies and really screw up our brains.  I am all for drug screening in high schools, I think they should do it in middle schools, juniour high schools, and elementary schools.

View Quote

[size=5]KIDS ARE CITIZENS TOO!!!!![/size=5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay, every kid in extracurricular activities has to submit to the following:

- mandatory drug testing (drugs R a problem ya' know)

- mandatory "pat-downs" while on or off campus (guns R bad ya' know)

- zero tolerance for NRA membership (promoting guns is NOT good for kids who represent the school)

- mandatory pregnancy screening for girls (teen pregnancy is a problem ya' know)

- mandatory fingerprinting (for their OWN safety)

- mandatory curfews (for their OWN safety)

- mandatory "diversity sensitivity & gay tolerance classes" (tolerance is important if they're representing the school)

- mandatory "voluntary" community service work (they need to start giving back to the community)

- zero tolerance policy for displaying any acts or expression of "mean-spirited" conservatism

Yep, it's only fair - they ARE representing the school ya' know!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]
NSFJOJO:

Oh I dont take offense, opinions are like ass holes, everyones got one, and they all stink!

Although I must say you made me chuckle some when you said that some of the people that bought drugs maybe supported the september 11 attacks, that was funny since I graduated high school 13 years ago!

By the way a controled phycological treatment, or controled experiment, is much different then a drug addict who uses the Illegal drug on a day to day basis. One is a controled environment, the other is not. I will agree that I have  read, and seen documentaries on the medical good that these drugs have done, but just like any thing else in life, things taken in excess are not a good thing.So your whole emotional rant about medical good these drugs have done, is just that an emotion rant, and nothing more.

You cannot expect someone who is addicted to drugs to just stop doing them, if they dont have the money to score, they will steel to score. I have a friend that lived on the streets for almost two years, he was high everyday, pretty smart guy to, college educated, had a good job, but was addicted to drugs. Well he lost his job,marriage, house,car, everything,ended up on the streets, steeling to fund his habit. Finally he got busted and ended up in jail. It took him to go to jail to get clean, mainly because he could not score in the jail he was in. I suppose you have some emotional bable to respond to this instince to try to deflate the consiquences of people useing illegal drugs. This man lost everything he had, got jammed up with a felony ,and caused alot of people alot of hurt and pain, I suppose you would say, well just make drugs legal and he would not have ended up in jail. But you forget about his family,his job. Oh I suppose you would say though oh it is his families fault for not accepting his drug habit, but not realizing the destruction that an illegal drug habit causes.

By the way I am no stranger to the effects of drugs, so snitching on my freinds was not in my character of the day, I did though grow up and mature, and looked back at the mistakes that I made in my life, and being around drugs definetly was a big mistake.

People who do drugs, people who are addicted to drugs, definetly show a lack of moral character, I emphasize Moral, by the way. Yea the baby boomers, and Gen X crowd have been able to do Ok, but just look at the Moral decay that our country is in. I am not saying that drugs is the main cause, but it sure does add to the Moral Decay. Morality seems to be pushed aside more and more. The saying of "Just do whatever Feels Good", seems to be very big in these two generations of people, and is not getting anybetter in the up and comeing generations. Just do what Feels good, Instead of do what is right.

So do drugs if you want, but just remember that it has consequences, one being contributeing to the Moral decay of a once great nation.

I think that mandatory drug testing is a good idea, you and nobody else is going to change my mind on that one, even if you attack my character. I have no need to email back and forth with you, I would prefer for all those in public to see our little debate, transparency is a good thing. Just follow the board code and we should be just fine. Although I might have pushed it with my first statement, we shall see.

So as we used to say: Put all that in your Pipe and smoke it man!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
By the way I am no stranger to the effects of drugs, so snitching on my freinds was not in my character of the day, I did though grow up and mature, and looked back at the mistakes that I made in my life, and being around drugs definetly was a big mistake.

View Quote

You mean you turned out OK without the help of the nanny state? Good for you comrade. It's sad to see that you think yourself so superior to the kids today. Why is it you don't think they could also learn from their own experiences and turn out OK?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Anti gov tin foil man wrote:

KIDS ARE CITIZENS TOO!!!!!

Exactly. There are plenty of jobs out in the work force that  the normal citizens have to submit to a drug test for various reason. So why should school kids be treated any differently then any other normal citizen that applies for the military, or an any other job that requires a drug test for a condition of employment?

I have had a few jobs in which I have had to give a piss test for. I passed no problems, mainly because I dont do drugs. Quite your whineing, and piss in the cup.

The_Macallan wrote:

Okay, every kid in extracurricular activities has to submit to the following:

- mandatory "pat-downs" while on or off campus (guns R bad ya' know)

- zero tolerance for NRA membership (promoting guns is NOT good for kids who represent the school)

- mandatory pregnancy screening for girls (teen pregnancy is a problem ya' know)

- mandatory fingerprinting (for their OWN safety)

- mandatory curfews (for their OWN safety)

- mandatory "diversity sensitivity & gay tolerance classes" (tolerance is important if they're representing the school)

- mandatory "voluntary" community service work (they need to start giving back to the community)

- zero tolerance policy for displaying any acts or expression of "mean-spirited" conservatism

Yep, it's only fair - they ARE representing the school ya' kno

give me a break, you obviously need to get a better grip on your emotions.

Although some of those things you posted would not be a bad idea. such as:

- mandatory curfews (for their OWN safety). Already in effect here in Oregon. Good idea. To much trouble going on after midnight.

- mandatory "voluntary" community service work (they need to start giving back to the community) Not a bad idea for all teens these days, since the ones I have seen seem to not know how to serve there fellow man these days, it is all about them, and no one else.

Oh by the way I am a conservative,gun owning person, dont believe in giveing gay people a free ride, personally they should all go back in the closet, and teen pregnancy, if kids want to fool around, then they had better be willing to accept the consequences of sex. Abortions are not the answer, and neither is using condom. The only way to prevent teen pregnancy is to stop putting your penis in a womens vagina and ejaculateing your sperm inside a womens vagina.  

Drug testing is a good idea. Good job Supreme Court, they finally did a good thing.

Flame on people. Flame on.

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#23]

By the way a controled phycological treatment, or controled experiment, is much different then a drug addict who uses the Illegal drug on a day to day basis.
View Quote

Correct.  But not all drugs are addictive.  LSD isn't, neither is MDMA, THC.  Habit forming?  Maybe, but not addictive.  Heroin, Crack Cocaine, Meth are addictive, and while you are on these substances your behavior does change.

I will agree that I have  read, and seen documentaries on the medical good that these drugs have done, but just like any thing else in life, things taken in excess are not a good thing.
View Quote

Spoken true.

So your whole emotional rant about medical good these drugs have done, is just that an emotion rant, and nothing more.
View Quote

You discount any medicinal qualities because drugs are abused?  Or the fact that they can be abused leads you to believe they should be illegal?  Goodbye Valium, Morphine...

You cannot expect someone who is addicted to drugs to just stop doing them, if they dont have the money to score, they will steel to score. I have a friend that lived on the streets for almost two years, he was high everyday, pretty smart guy to, college educated, had a good job, but was addicted to drugs. Well he lost his job,marriage, house,car, everything,ended up on the streets, steeling to fund his habit. Finally he got busted and ended up in jail. It took him to go to jail to get clean, mainly because he could not score in the jail he was in. I suppose you have some emotional bable to respond to this instince to try to deflate the consiquences of people useing illegal drugs. This man lost everything he had, got jammed up with a felony ,and caused alot of people alot of hurt and pain, I suppose you would say, well just make drugs legal and he would not have ended up in jail. But you forget about his family,his job. Oh I suppose you would say though oh it is his families fault for not accepting his drug habit, but not realizing the destruction that an illegal drug habit causes.
View Quote

Sounds like a personal problem.

People who do drugs, people who are addicted to drugs, definetly show a lack of moral character, I emphasize Moral, by the way.
View Quote

I know plenty of "drug users" who are great guys and I know some who are shitheads.  It's the person, not the drugs.  

Yea the baby boomers, and Gen X crowd have been able to do Ok, but just look at the Moral decay that our country is in. I am not saying that drugs is the main cause, but it sure does add to the Moral Decay. Morality seems to be pushed aside more and more. The saying of "Just do whatever Feels Good", seems to be very big in these two generations of people, and is not getting anybetter in the up and comeing generations. Just do what Feels good, Instead of do what is right.
View Quote

As long as I don't hurt anyone else, what's the big deal?  I know my limit, I know my capabilties, let me deal with myself.

I think that mandatory drug testing is a good idea, you and nobody else is going to change my mind on that one, even if you attack my character. I have no need to email back and forth with you, I would prefer for all those in public to see our little debate, transparency is a good thing. Just follow the board code and we should be just fine. Although I might have pushed it with my first statement, we shall see.
View Quote

And I believe DUI checkpoints are a great idea.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anti gov tin foil man wrote:

KIDS ARE CITIZENS TOO!!!!!

Exactly. There are plenty of jobs out in the work force that  the normal citizens have to submit to a drug test for various reason. So why should school kids be treated any differently then any other normal citizen that applies for the military, or an any other job that requires a drug test for a condition of employment?

I have had a few jobs in which I have had to give a piss test for. I passed no problems, mainly because I dont do drugs. Quite your whineing, and piss in the cup.
View Quote

From the bill of rights:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against [red]unreasonable searches and seizures[/red], shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
View Quote

What purpose do [red]random[/red] screenings serve that would make them reasonable? Unless they satisfy the above, they're illegal.

Would you also think it a good idea to have random drug screenings be a requirement to have a driver's license? If you do, too bad, it doesn't matter, cause they're illegal.

Innocent until proven guilty is (or is supposed to be) the law of the land.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Although some of those things you posted would not be a bad idea. such as:

View Quote

Let's test everyone.  Just to be safe.  Daily.

- mandatory curfews (for their OWN safety). Already in effect here in Oregon. Good idea. To much trouble going on after midnight.
View Quote

And martial law on the weekend nights.  

- mandatory "voluntary" community service work (they need to start giving back to the community) Not a bad idea for all teens these days, since the ones I have seen seem to not know how to serve there fellow man these days, it is all about them, and no one else.
View Quote

We used to have that here, it's called Slavery.

Oh by the way I am a conservative,gun owning person, dont believe in giveing gay people a free ride,
View Quote

I don't give ANYONE regardless of anything a "break". I treat all the people equal until they prove to me otherwise.

personally they should all go back in the closet,
View Quote

Closets are for clothes.

and teen pregnancy, if kids want to fool around, then they had better be willing to accept the consequences of sex. Abortions are not the answer, and neither is using condom.
View Quote

Well, condoms are good forms of birth control.  I don't suppose you'd want to go on some pill that fucked up your natural chemical balance would you?

The only way to prevent teen pregnancy is to stop putting your penis in a womens vagina and ejaculateing your sperm inside a womens vagina.
View Quote

Real men pull out.

Drug testing is a good idea. Good job Supreme Court, they finally did a good thing.
View Quote

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top