Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2002 3:55:50 PM EDT
"The Who's Entwistle dies on eve of tour"

June 27, 2002 Posted: 7:22 PM EDT (2322 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- John Entwistle, the bass player for veteran British rock band The Who, died in Las Vegas Thursday at age 57, just one day before the group was set to begin a North American tour in the city, the Clark County Coroner said.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/News/06/27/entwhistle.obit.reut/index.html[/url]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder what he died of? Heart attack or drugs would be my guess....
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
A major bummer. Entwistle was one of the most underrated bassists of all time.(The Real Me- I rest my case). All the legends are passing away, & all we are left with is Fred Durst & cheesy boy bands.

edited to add-heart attack.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Boris the Spider is gone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Listening to Johns' bass lines back in the late 70's was enough to get me interested in learning the bass guitar. Never did get enough cash to end-up with an Alembic like his =(

I don't "think" he was way off the deep end into drugs like Keith Moon was, but who knows. He will be missed.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Bummer. He kicked ass on bass quitar.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
talkin bout my gen gen generation [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top