Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2002 8:21:47 PM EDT
I hate censorship.

Quoted:
In my opinion moving the threads and making this announcement is only going to cause exactly what you are trying to prevent.  In the two threads no one was slamming Lauer.  Every response I saw was well within the conduct codes.  

I hope this is not the beginning of a trend.  If we cannot have reasonable discussions about advertisers to the board then we definitely have a problem.
View Quote

I agree 100%  just because they are sponsors and they showed up for the BRC they get special teatment ??  How many other sponsors have you done this for ? How many bushy threads have you moved cuz they are getting flamed over windage issues ? did you move the RRA topics when they were getting ROASTED for the hero rifle fiasco ??  Sponsors and other companies get flamed here all the time and when they respond and clear things up all is well. Lauer is usually on the boards often and I'm sure they are aware of whats going on.  Leave the topics out in the open and quite playing nursemaid to either members or companies.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree, but I'm sure this will be locked any minute.  God forbid we should discuss or argue over areas that concern us!

Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree 100% I probably wouldn't have been all that concerned if I had not read it was moved into a forum us "commoners" can't access!

Geez I still can't believe they just did that!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually they just locked the other one.....I can hear Striker coming now......
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't what it's all about, but I've seen a lot of businesses who deal in guns or gun products and services, raked across the coals, on this board.
This is the first time I can remember a mod running interference for a business being discussed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Mmmmmm Natives are restless  [;)]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#6]
They were moved in there until tomorrow when Lauer was online and could help decide how to make the situation come out with everyone happy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]
DonR- Have you ever heard of anyone doing this for any of the other sponsors?

Would you have done the same thing?

EDITED: If BOTH of the parties have agreed to move it then, I can't complain, BUT you moved it BEFORE you had permission from both of them......???
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]
How about this response on the thread below where a guy just asked about the cost of anodizing.[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=123573[/url]

Originally posted by Lauer_CustomWeaponry
I have been watching this dilemma with great interest. We attended the BRC and showed off some stuff. We did that for 2 reasons. first, because we are firearm finishers and we like people to see samples of our work. It tends to help in gaining future business and, since we pay our bills based on current and future business, we consider that important. Secondly, we attended the BRC because we like to support events that promote the shooting sports and we like to meet all of the people dedicated enough to travel and financially support the cause.

Then, I see posts such as this and I am disappointed. Anyone out there can choose who they want to finish their stuff. This isn't Russia. But, when a fellow user tells you how good we are and that he found that out by seeing us at the BRC and you don't even call? I honestly don't give a rats ass who Bushmaster uses. I'm not impressed. I do know that we provide the very best finish out there and we make sure that each and every customer is satisfied 110%.

Which booth did Precision Coating have at the BRC? I must have missed that one. I know, they must have been next to Bushmaster or at least under their table.

I am very tired today so take this post for what it's worth. Why am I tired? Because I spent 23 hours in a van to solve a problem with a customer in person instead of over the phone. I did that because each customer deserves it. I drove across 3 states to solve the problem expeditiously. Does Precision Coating do that? How about Bushmaster? ...I didn't think so.

By the way, thanks to Waverunner for the nice attempt to direct this guy on the right path.

Does it sound like I take this stuff personally? I hope so because I do.

Have a good day.

Rick
LCW

================================================
Sorry, buy this post is pretty sad.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
After meeting the guys from Lauer at the BRC, and knowing how seriously they take their work, yes.  I would have moved the threads until tomorrow until LCW could have their voice in this.  These are good guys, and probably feel worse than anybody about this.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
EDITED: If BOTH of the parties have agreed to move it then, I can't complain, BUT you moved it BEFORE you had permission from both of them......???
View Quote

Not picking on you but, that's what phone calls are for. I'm sure DVD and FM were contacted DIRECTLY. I'm also certain this problem will be resolved with all parties involved satisfied of the outcome.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I actually wanna see that Garand and GLock again.. I think it would be a shame to get them refinished in plain ole duracoat.

Beautiful, and you don't see too many distinctive Garands :)
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#15]
As a member here my .02 cents say that I dont like the way this was handled.
Lauer fucked up.
They are or are going to fix it.
Trying to hide whats going on is wrong. So what if theyre not here to defend themselves yet. This isnt a chat room people understand that it may take till tomorrow until they can reply.

Mods:CUT OUT THE CENSORSHIT.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#16]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
In my opinion moving the threads and making this announcement is only going to cause exactly what you are trying to prevent. In the two threads no one was slamming Lauer. Every response I saw was well within the conduct codes.

I hope this is not the beginning of a trend. If we cannot have reasonable discussions about advertisers to the board then we definitely have a problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't move them because someone violated the conduct code. I moved them to prevent Lauer Custom getting bad publicity before they had a chance to respond.
I agree with you though Aggie that this thread will probably end up doing what we are trying to avoid.
So..I'll lock it and ask that no new threads are started untill DVDTracker and or FMJunkie choose to post an update.
edited to add. I received an e-mail from one of the thread authors who is alright with our decision to move his thread until he has a chance to contact Lauer. He will post an update tomorrow night.

There was a request not to start new threads on this, until it is resolved....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I just wonder if I'd be protected like this if I was getting ripped --within the Forum Code of Condct-- and wasn't online. Would the "Jarhead_22 Screwed Me Over!" thread go to the Mod forum until I was here to answer it?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just wonder if I'd be protected like this if I was getting ripped --within the Forum Code of Condct-- and wasn't online. Would the "Jarhead_22 Screwed Me Over!" thread go to the Mod forum until I was here to answer it?
View Quote

My sentiments exactly!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I doubt it, you are only worth $60 a year, they are worth much more, I'm pretty much worthless..[:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

EXACTLY !!! This IS the point that needs to be addressed !!  not what Lauer did or did'nt do, but how they are treated in relation to other companies or members. Is this a new unwritten standard that will be applied to all businesses or just the chosen few ?
[b]Quoted:
Which booth did Precision Coating have at the BRC? I must have missed that one. I know, they must have been next to Bushmaster or at least under their table.[/b]
This qoute from the above highlighted thread is pretty sad from a "highly regarded" refinisher. How about moving this original thread where lauer toasts bushmaster for using *GASP* some other company to anodize their parts.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:31:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a question, bear in mind I disn't see the original threads, please be gentle.

As I understand it there were 2 members here that had customer service issues with LCW, and posted something about what was goin on.

Shouldn't they have contacted LCW by e-mail first, and if that failed to get a response, followed up with a phone call or regular letter?

I don't think any of us would like to have a dispute with someone end up in the newspaper.........
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#23]
How did you guys get to keep this going this long? My thread on this subject lasted only two hours+ before it got locked.

[url] http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=127486 [/url]

Had I seen this thread one I wouldn't have started mine. Oh well, at least I'm not the only one disturbed by the 'chastity belt locksmith' syndrome!

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Actually I saw that thread, I didn't realize it was one of THE threads.

He posted a pic of the carbine(?) with a snow/winter camo and asked if anyone noticed anyhthing wrong. The brake had it's baffles facing up/down. Someone else said something about the sights. The looked ok to me, A2 rear-not cammo'ed, front post looked original, but the ears/front sight tower was cammo'ed.

I think he could have given LCW "first shot" in private to fix it, but he also seemed to be asking advice how to fix the situation.

I think perhaps we are making this out to be more than it is. I'm sure LCW would like to fix the situation, and would probably like to be able to do it in private without a public smacking as part of the deal.

FYI the carbine(?) cammo looked very nice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top