Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 7:25:33 PM EDT
[url]http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news-2/1025016317172660.xml[/url]

With the gas can between her feet, apparently without a cap, she [red]lighted[/red] a cigarette, the husband told police. The husband told firefighters he first saw flames on her hand, so he jumped out of the SUV and ran to the passenger-side door to help her.

[grenade].....[flame]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
see, somking does kill! [:D]

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Bet she never lights another butt... At least they weren't at "The Trailer" with the kidz...
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You don't contribute anything to this site, you mlive.com posting freak, you non-sigpic changing idiot.  You fart headed butt stain, spammers like you are what make my days crap.
[;)]
View Quote

[rail]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]
lid off the can in a (closed up) car.
the high temp was 92 deg.f
i bet the fumes saturated her clothing the floor mat and the seat.
the fumes were just waiting for a spark.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
The real questions is, who are they going to sue?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#10]
tabacco co, its always their fault when a ciggy is involved isnt it?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who do think? The GAS CAN manufacturer of course! [;d]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Dumbass or not, some of you guys are real hardasses.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stupidity like that should hurt.  I'd feel bad for her if she didn't light a cigarette and just caught on fire spontaneously.  But you can't argue it wasn't her fault.  As they say, maybe her life's purpose is to serve as a warning to others. [}:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:20:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
With the gas can between her feet, apparently without a cap
View Quote

Hmmm, the children definitely disqualify her for Darwin Award consideration.

Of course we can't let this go without:

"Will that be regular or xtra crispy?"

The woman's name was LADENA? Sounds like that whole family was shining examples of why familial crossbreeding is a bad idea.
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]at Double Feed  

"Shining"....?  Dude, are you sure you would choose those exact words?

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]  

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 3:06:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Crispy Kritter = Ledena WILSON
Mom            = Helen  WILSON
Boyfriend      = Leon   WILSON

Ummmmmm

They all have the same last name??

Co  inky dink???

Inbreeding anyone??
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:51:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I am sure there are a few creative attorneys out there that can turn this into a "no warning on the cigarette or gas can" type of thing.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Stupidity like that should hurt.  I'd feel bad for her if she didn't light a cigarette and just caught on fire spontaneously.  But you can't argue it wasn't her fault.  As they say, maybe her life's purpose is to serve as a warning to others. [}:D]
View Quote

Absolutely.  I love Honda's ad campaign "stupid hurts" (regarding motorcycle safety).  Darwin awards are given for those people who serve as a negative example to everyone else.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, probably; but MY hardass never was on fire :)
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Who do think? The GAS CAN manufacturer of course! [;d]
View Quote
AND the cigarette company, the auto manufacturer, the lighter manufacturer, and anyone else they can think of.  It's EVERYONE's fault but hers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#22]
That's sad, regardless of her stupidity or not, I'm sure none of you ever did anything stupid.
I bet if that was a members wife or daughter there would be a flood of compassion for the surviving spouse. Place yourself in Mr Wilson shoes, isn't funny if it happens to you.

I'm not hacking on you guys, its a typical response to make fun of someone stupidity, just consider the families.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Why does everybody forget that Mr. Darwin renounced his theory of evolution before he died, basically saying it was a bunch of crap.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why does everybody forget that Mr. Darwin renounced his theory of evolution before he died, basically saying it was a bunch of crap.
View Quote

Go here to understand what everyone is talking about.

[url]www.darwinawards.com[/url]

Seriously funny stuff.  People find some of the most amazing ways to "off" themselves.

A 24-year-old construction worker tied himself to a piece of scaffolding for safety while working on the 4th floor of the county jail annex. Forgetting he was attached to the metal, he tossed it to the ground, and was carried along for the ride. He landed on the scaffolding, which pierced both legs. He was treated for his injuries at Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, and hopefully counseled on the use of his most important safety tool: his brain.
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Go here to understand what everyone is talking about.

[url]www.darwinawards.com[/url]

View Quote

Ya I know about... funny stuff, but Darwin is probably rolling in his grave!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because that statement is a bunch of crap, There is NO documented proof of that happening. Even if it did happen, that's about as equal as Columbus saying "The world REALLY is Flat!!" on his death bed.

Just because you renounce your own theory, does not mean that the theory is not correct. Darwin [u]Discovered[/u] evolution, he did not invent Evolution. If he did not discover it, someone else would have.

We would be talking about the Johnson's Discovery of Evolution, instead of Darwin's.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#27]
stupid is, what stupid does.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#28]
All I can say is she may be dumbass, but God loves her no less than any of us. To make jest of someone who burned to death, probably the most horrible way to die there is, is just a little mean. And I'm rarely bleeding heart.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

But to be fair, I'll admit I laughed a little when that Pakistani guy burned his arm while in the process of burning the American flag.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
All I can say is she may be dumbass, but God loves her no less than any of us.
View Quote

I dunno...I think god loved her so much he let her into heaven early.  But that's just me.  And I laughed at this one.  Every station around where I live has prominent "NO SMOKING" signs posted.  

Of course, I'm forgetting that she probably didn't know how to read.  Silly me.  I thought you had to have some form of intelligence to be able to purchase gasoline.  I was mistaken.

Ooops, now I'm insulting the less gifted individuals, right?  Oh well.  I might do it again tomorrow if they're lucky.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top