Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2002 2:27:45 PM EDT
[url]http://www.sierratimes.com/02/06/22/ario062202.htm[/url]

Some selections from the article

Right now the U.S. House of Representatives is debating in committee what could be the single most federal power expanding bill in American history -- HR 4633, the "Driver's License Modernization Act of 2002."
View Quote

This rather mundane-sounding bill isn't nearly as scary sounding as the PATRIOT Act and is only intended, "To amend title 23, United States Code, to establish standards for State programs for the issuance of drivers' licenses and identification cards, and for other purposes."

View Quote

"Congress finds the following:

(1) The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, illuminated many flaws in the Nation's domestic security, especially in its identification system.

(2) Drivers' licenses and identification cards issued by States have become the favored form of identity verification in the United States and are used by government agencies and private entities alike.

(3) Inconsistent requirements between the States for initial identity verification and insufficient verification of identity documents have made the identification systems of States a prime target for fraud and identity theft.

(4) Different designs on drivers' licenses and identification cards issued by States have created a market, including sales on the Internet, for fake cards that look real to those who are unfamiliar with the official designs.

(5) Improving the security of State identification systems will require taking advantage of new technology.

(6) Identification card technologies that can accommodate other government and private applications will provide the best return on the investment in the new cards.

(7) It is necessary to improve the security of drivers' licenses and identification cards issued by States so that multiple licensing of individuals will be eliminated, the purchase of alcohol and tobacco products by underage individuals will be reduced, and identity theft will be severely reduced."
View Quote

Of course, what good would this bill be if Congress couldn't put a few more crimes on the books and fill up more prisons? No small potatoes here either, for Gulag Amerika. Title 18, United States Code, the "criminal" code will be amended with a new chapter 125.

"Whoever --

(1) falsely makes, forges, counterfeits, mutilates, or alters any driver's license or identification card or instrument purporting to be a driver's license or identification card, with intent that the license or card may be used,

(2) except by lawful authority, makes a template or similar device from which there may be printed a counterfeit driver's license or identification card,

(3) obtains or assists in obtaining a driver's license or identification card through willful misrepresentation of identity, presentation of falsified identity documents such as birth certificates or passports, or other fraudulent representation,

(4) tampers with, alters, or destroys a computer chip embedded in a driver's license or identification card or data contained on the computer chip, or

(5) except by lawful authority, accesses data contained on a computer chip embedded in a driver's license or identification card, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both."
View Quote

So much for those of you who sale the microwave will solve your mark of the beast problems.

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Don't like the sound of that "and for other purposes" part.

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
"Whoever --

(4) tampers with, alters, or destroys a computer chip embedded in a driver's license or identification card or data contained on the computer chip, or

(5) except by lawful authority, accesses data contained on a computer chip embedded in a driver's license or identification card, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both."
View Quote

Want to see whats on your chip? 20 years. Officer Feif doesn't like you? When he runs your card he covertly runs the magnet in his pocket over the chip and you dissapear for 20 years. Sounds like a nice way to dissapear the folks who "they" don't want around.

It's a damned government conspiracy.

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I the only one who watched/read "Logan's Run"?!?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who watched/read "Logan's Run"?!?
View Quote

Haven't seen/read it. What's the story?
Government conspiracy?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
No it's about Goat Cheese. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
OK OK OK

I was just joking.

It's really about Lamb's Blood.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Logan's Run is a great movie , I ain't letting them stick any kind of device in my hand except a spare magazine !
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the Logan Runs one time. Must have been the sushi! Went through two bottles of Pepto Bismal and a case of Rolaids.

Kidding...It is a great movie.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
What do you think the chances of HR4633 passing? The polls seem to show a lot of people willing to "trade freedom for security". Will the politicians risk passing it?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What do you think the chances of HR4633 passing? The polls seem to show a lot of people willing to "trade freedom for security". Will the politicians risk passing it?
View Quote

Yes, they'll pass it, and it will have support from the sheeple too.

Hell, when I tried posting this a few weeks ago I was suprised to find some members even here supporting it.  

Time to redraw the line in the sand.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, they'll pass it, and it will have support from the sheeple too.

Hell, when I tried posting this a few weeks ago I was suprised to find some members even here supporting it.  

Time to redraw the line in the sand.
View Quote

These same sheeple would also rather be alive than free. Poor dumb bastards. [:(][:(]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#14]
i wonder why the U.S. Government cant get it through their head that you cant have freedom and security at the same time.  cant we all just me free!!!  BIG BRO  STOP GROWING!!!!!!  YOUR TOOO FRICKIN BIG!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
[img]http://datacore.sciflicks.com/logans_run/images/logans_run_large_18.jpg[/img]
It's post WWIII man, he survived by wrapping himself in tin-foil!

[img]http://datacore.sciflicks.com/logans_run/images/logans_run_large_12.jpg[/img]
Farrah Fawcett-no headlights.

[img]http://datacore.sciflicks.com/logans_run/images/logans_run_large_13.jpg[/img]
Damned if I know, I was always told it would make hair grow on the palm of my hand, not this colored plastic thing!

[img]http://datacore.sciflicks.com/logans_run/images/logans_run_large_14.jpg[/img]
Crank up the orgasamatron machine to 11!! Do it!

[img]http://datacore.sciflicks.com/logans_run/images/logans_run_large_15.jpg[/img]
"That and twenty bucks, ok?"

[img]http://www.transparencynow.com/Logan/kelfront.jpg[/img]
23rd centuary KKK......
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://datacore.sciflicks.com/logans_run/images/logans_run_large_18.jpg[/img]
Fish, plankton, sea greens... protein from the sea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top