Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2002 5:39:10 AM EDT
[b]Stewart's shares plunge almost $200M since questions arose about her sale of stock in pal's company.[/b]

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Martha Stewart's holdings in her own company have taken nearly a $200 million hit, wiping out more than a quarter of her net worth according to one estimate, since she became linked to an insider trading scandal involving drugmaker ImClone Systems Inc.
Stewart has insisted she did nothing wrong when she sold nearly 4,000 shares of ImClone stock Dec. 27, the day before it was revealed that the Food and Drug Administration had refused to consider an application for the company's key cancer drug. She saved between $40,000 and $57,000 by selling when she did rather than on the first trading day after the news of the FDA action was revealed.
But the sale has forced her to defend herself to congressional, Securities and Exchange Commission and Justice Department investigators, issue two statements about the transaction, and face hundreds of media stories about her stock sale.
Stewart has insisted she did nothing wrong when she sold nearly 4,000 shares of ImClone stock Dec. 27, the day before it was revealed that the Food and Drug Administration had refused to consider an application for the company's key cancer drug. She saved between $40,000 and $57,000 by selling when she did rather than on the first trading day after the news of the FDA action was revealed.

[url]http://money.cnn.com/2002/06/24/news/companies/martha_holdings/index.htm[/url]

Here is a great Martha site!
Gothic Martha Stewart!
[url]http://www.toreadors.com/martha/[/url]

I love Martha Stewart. I want to do here all day and night.
I could break that bitch.
I would rub my zit puss all over her.
[img]http://www.mrsmegabyte.com/parody/pd_buffymar.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.mrsmegabyte.com/parody/pd_tie_mart.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.mrsmegabyte.com/parody/o_cookbil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I had no idea Martha could be so sexy.
I'll be right back...
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#2]
By trading (allegedly) on insider information "Martha" saved herself about $43,000.

Wonder if saving $43K was worth losing $200 Million ??
-----------------------------------------------

Just a word of caution.  Martha was not and is not an ImClone "Insider" per the 1934 Act. She owns less than 5% of ImClone shares and is not an officer or director.  (All from memory)

Martha just got greedy.  I doubt there's anything actionable regarding Martha.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:49:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#4]
This woman is personally worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and she is trying to save ~$60,000? I guess greed has no bounds. Well, couldn't have happened to a nicer person. And I believe she is also anti-gun.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Martha Stewart is 100% the product of the media, and the people who follow the media.  Since they made her, they can break her just as easily, what could be a better lead story than Martha Stewart (the uber-one-of-us) screwing over the little guys, and selling her shares before the rest of us could get out?

Juicy bit of gossip there, page one stuff.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
If she actually got arrested and convicted.  Seeing her go to prison would be the funniest thing ever.

I can dream can't I???
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
She also has a show in food channel, since when she is an expert on cooking?  Sheesh.
View Quote

She was a caterer for years.  This is at LEAST as much preparation for a cooking show as many of the doofuses on cable. And most of the cooking is done by some chef acquaintance of hers. Rather see Martha than Emeril.

I enjoy laughing at Martha.  My favorite was the little individual bags to store EACH place setting of sterling silver.  She went into exquisite detail on finding the anti-tarnish cloth, and how to size it for YOUR best silver, how to stitch and finish it, and finally (this is when I began to laugh so hard I cried) how to put contrasting rick-rack trim around the edges. Woooooo!

You could not get a comedian to make this kind of hilarious stuff up.

She may be a dog whistle, but she's fun to watch, much of the time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I found this link

[b]Congress Disputes Stewart Stock Claims[/b]

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,56125,00.html[/url]
Investigators on Capitol Hill say they have information that contradicts Stewart's claim that she sold shares in biotech company ImClone based on public information and not through some insider knowledge she may have gleaned from friend and former ImClone chief executive Sam Waksal, who was arrested June 12 on charges of securities fraud and conspiracy.

House Energy and Commerce Committee investigators are curious about Stewart's sale of 4,000 shares of ImClone on Dec. 27, a day before the announcement that the Food and Drug Administration had decided not to approve Erbitux, the company's "miracle" drug for treating colorectal cancer.

View Quote

Lying bitch![puke]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#12]
She is not a nice person from what I am told.  I have several friends that have met her and worked on the set.  She is an epitome of a prima donna. My friend saw her in traffic in Manhattan in her Range Rover, cussing the shit out of someone.  Very Unlady like words! Just goes to show, what goes around comes around.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
She is not a nice person from what I am told.  I have several friends that have met her and worked on the set.  She is an epitome of a prima donna.
View Quote

Wait a minute, are you saying that media celebrities act differently in real life than in front of a camera?

Chilling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top